• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Budget 2012 reflects shift in govt's mindset: Low Thia Khiang

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I am not saying that Low deserves all the credit..but anytime an Opposition member makes a claim that the govt has changed because of the GE 2011 loss, note how PAP MPs will quickly rush to defend their party and dumb down the Opposition.

Also read what Ah Suay said. If you replace the word "change" in his last para with "sex", you get pretty much the same picture as they screw us, again.

--------------------------------------

Posted: 29 February 2012 1944 hrs

SINGAPORE: MP for Aljunied GRC Low Thia Khiang called this year's Budget a special one.

He put it in contrast to previous Budgets, which he said focused on the economy.

Speaking in Mandarin, Mr Low said reducing dependency on foreign workers and restructuring the economy may even slow down growth.

Mr Low said: "This is the first Budget after the 2011 election. It points to the direction of future governing and the focus of government policy from focusing on economy to social policy, from the economy's role to raising the wages of lower-income Singaporeans. This is a major shift in the government's thinking and mindset. The government is therefore making a formal statement after much reflection after the 2011 election."

Mr Low's comments prompted a rebuttal from MP for Chua Chu Kang GRC Low Yen Ling.

Ms Low said: "He had described this year's Budget as a change in the government's thinking and mindset. In the past, the government prioritised the economy, now it's prioritising at the foundation of society. I think this view is little narrow. As a little red dot without natural resources, Singapore has to be concerned about the economy at all times. Having worked at EDB for 10 years, I can feel this importance. Only with an effective economic policy can a country create wealth for society and have excess to enable people to live well."

Meanwhile, Labour Chief Lim Swee Say urged fellow MPs to work at building a more perfect Singapore in an imperfect world.

Mr Lim said: "Singapore in the past was not a failure. Singapore in the future will not change much just because of the 2011 election. The party's interest is not the government's main goal. The road to building a country is long and arduous with plenty of challenges. We have to change as we go along and we must put the country above all and we will not change that."

Mr Lim said three important outcomes should be achieved as Singapore's economy restructures.

He said the restructuring must include enterprises of all sizes and the restructuring should include workers of all ages and skill levels.

The third outcome is to include both local and global manpower when restructuring.

Mr Lim said the idea is to manage growth of foreign manpower, not turn away from it totally.

He said: "There certainly will be pain with change but we must always remember that there will be bigger and longer pain without change. Therefore, as we go through this process, let us not try to hope for a painless process. It won't happen. Let us go through the pain together so that at the end of the day, there's a gain for us to share together."

Last edited:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meanwhile, Labour Chief Lim Swee Say urged fellow MPs to work at building a more perfect Singapore in an imperfect world.

I never fail to amuse myself by reading once again another masterpiece by the grandmaster of motherhood statement maker, Mr Zorro Lim. :biggrin:

Last edited:

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trouble is the poor citizens will be the one feeling the pain, not the govt, as they are being screwed.

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long Pain or Short Pain? But why must we choose to have pain? He wants us to accept pain with satisfactions?
忍受短痛还是长痛, 我想要的是享受与舒服 NOT Pain.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I am not saying that Low deserves all the credit..but anytime an Opposition member makes a claim that the govt has changed because of the GE 2011 loss, note how PAP MPs will quickly rush to defend their party and dumb down the Opposition.

Also read what Ah Suay said. If you replace the word "change" in his last para with "sex", you get pretty much the same picture as they screw us, again.

--------------------------------------

Posted: 29 February 2012 1944 hrs

SINGAPORE: MP for Aljunied GRC Low Thia Khiang called this year's Budget a special one.

He put it in contrast to previous Budgets, which he said focused on the economy.

Speaking in Mandarin, Mr Low said reducing dependency on foreign workers and restructuring the economy may even slow down growth.

Mr Low said: "This is the first Budget after the 2011 election. It points to the direction of future governing and the focus of government policy from focusing on economy to social policy, from the economy's role to raising the wages of lower-income Singaporeans. This is a major shift in the government's thinking and mindset. The government is therefore making a formal statement after much reflection after the 2011 election."

Mr Low's comments prompted a rebuttal from MP for Chua Chu Kang GRC Low Yen Ling.

Ms Low said: "He had described this year's Budget as a change in the government's thinking and mindset. In the past, the government prioritised the economy, now it's prioritising at the foundation of society. I think this view is little narrow. As a little red dot without natural resources, Singapore has to be concerned about the economy at all times. Having worked at EDB for 10 years, I can feel this importance. Only with an effective economic policy can a country create wealth for society and have excess to enable people to live well."

Mr Lim said: "Singapore in the past was not a failure. Singapore in the future will not change much just because of the 2011 election. The party's interest is not the government's main goal. The road to building a country is long and arduous with plenty of challenges. We have to change as we go along and we must put the country above all and we will not change that."

Mr Lim said three important outcomes should be achieved as Singapore's economy restructures.

He said the restructuring must include enterprises of all sizes and the restructuring should include workers of all ages and skill levels.

The third outcome is to include both local and global manpower when restructuring.

Mr Lim said the idea is to manage growth of foreign manpower, not turn away from it totally.

He said: "There certainly will be pain with change but we must always remember that there will be bigger and longer pain without change. Therefore, as we go through this process, let us not try to hope for a painless process. It won't happen. Let us go through the pain together so that at the end of the day, there's a gain for us to share together."

change the govt into WP.
change the Prime Minister into Chen Show Mao.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The word, notion and function of "opposition" is misunderstood by most opposition supporters. "Opposition" isn't there to oppose the government for you just because you're unhappy with the government. The word is not in use in the US, only in UK, Commonwealth and other countries (notably Thailand) adopting the Westminster system. The full term in UK is Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition vis-a-viz (not versus) Her Majesty's Loyal Government to provide different views representating the plurality in a democratic society, but not necessarily always differing against the government.

Remember, if one day the opposition wins majority, it becomes government and the government of yesterday becomes opposition. What then if that happens? WP the government is then the devil and PAP the opposition is then the crusader? The failure of maturity in democracy in Singapore is largely contributed and reinforced by the dictatorial nutheads who think only agreeing with them means democracy. Out of nowhere and no mandate, they jump up and down claiming to represent democracy and speak for and in the name of national interest. If you understand and believe in democracy, the voters give you the mandate.

I'll give you an example of what I think. I think that Singapore should procure nukes. That's personal opinion. No claim to democracy and no mandate to represent national interest. But perhaps less than 10% of my fellow Singapore agrees with. I'll still lobby my cause when I have the chance to put forth my case but I accept, the majority has the final say instead of jumping up and down calling others no brain, no mind, no soul etc. just for disagreeing.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Looking at his forever messy hairstyle, you believe in every word from this fucktard Lim Suay about making change?

callmebad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Change of mindset?
What I see is a consistent effort by the government to keep holding on our CPF as much as possible.
Raise CPF for the older workers
Top up on medical go to the non-takable portion of CPF
If you observe closely , there is a very determined effort in trying not to let us take out our CPF.
This is real abuse of power - this is our own money, not their money