• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddhism - Heritage Trail

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
The truth shall set you free.
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bK0kSK2T-Xc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b97G-BsWkvw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chapter Two

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/9JS6eeZla8M&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0 allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/6he072CVjbU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
this strange, i thought in the sutta it was mentioned he had blue eyes? how can he be of mongoloid race? its more likely for him to look more like those people in Iran or afghanhistan

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which sutta? The Kirats (Shakyans) were specifically mentioned as people with golden glow skin.

this strange, i thought in the sutta it was mentioned he had blue eyes? how can he be of mongoloid race? its more likely for him to look more like those people in Iran or afghanhistan

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

He is mix .. His mother is a SPG ...sari party girls ..

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which sutta? The Kirats (Shakyans) were specifically mentioned as people with golden glow skin.

its one of the major 32 characteristic of the buddha.

The Digha Nikaya, Lakkhaṇa Sutta

other books do mentioned briefly on the 32 characteristic at times based on my memory

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
5265619866_9a28e78ce3.jpg

Gautama Buddha's real portrait at the age of 41

painted by Pûrna (Phú-Lâu-Na), a Buddha's follower [The original painting is in British Museum]

Purna Maitrayani-putra, also called Puṇṇa, was an arahant and one of the ten leading disciples of the Buddha.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i must say that i do not really believe its possible for anyone to look like a normal human being with those 32 characteristic, its likely that this is a later addition into the pali cannon.

however certain characteristic mention are quite possible to have them, and one of them is having a blue eyes.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddha and Jesus images portrayed with blue eyes are an illusion.

i must say that i do not really believe its possible for anyone to look like a normal human being with those 32 characteristic, its likely that this is a later addition into the pali cannon.

however certain characteristic mention are quite possible to have them, and one of them is having a blue eyes.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Along the way, the Indian King Ashoka's image was perpertrated as the true image of Buddha.

The Pali canons were purely Buddhist teachings.

between speculation of scholars of his ethnicity and black and white from the pali canon. i rather trust the latter.