• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Brompton bikes, before the real story gets erased

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The sad stage of our history is that TRUST no longer exists between the population and the govt.

The rust started long time ago.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
i know lots of A S S HOLES who are bhuddhists,,,

Wendy you are wrong! All bosses are Christian they are real bastard, Monday to Friday
they commit all sinful things, screw up their staff, pressure them to resign etc.
than Sunday go Church asked for forgiveness!! Back Monday meeting evil spirit return
again!! Kong Fatt Choi is one of them evil bastard who cheat donors money for wife to spend and
screw in US with the Black!! I am not against any religion but the ppl inside are deceased!
In this world there are the Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

Next Gebiz portal is joke, the gahmen department that called for the tender had
already fixed with their regular contractors, so they called in tenders, contractors visit
them provide biz cards as proved, end of the day the Fixed Contractor will get the job,
they call 5-6 contractors to show their boss, look ~ I am clean!! see!! no corruption!!

So my during 20 or so visits to gebiz and provide low price quote never had I won a tender,
they are all "FIXED" !! end of the day I gave up never to tender for the gebiz.

CPIB so should go in and check these gebiz tender!!

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traffic Police enforcement duties are being outsourced to Malaysian Indian comprised Certis Cisco c/o(company of)Temasek Lee Holdings non commissioned officers. CPIB's outsourcing seems ideal for the next Kong Hee style accumulation of wealth from dumbfuck citizens. This is so Leesique. getting foriegners to straighten Sinkies up. Small wonder these foreigners have nothing but contempt for us.

thenakedtruth

Alfrescian
Loyal
So will Khaw Boon Wan and Poon Hong Yuen be going to the courts as well?

the people vs National Parks and Khaw.

man. they should give us all brompton bikes as compensation

NParks defends itself, saying it had “adhered to procedures”

Up to this point, Straits Times had not breathed a word about the controversy. Only after Khaw’s blogpost was published did the Straits Times report on the matter (5 July 2012, Khaw okay with NParks’ purchase of $2,200 bikes, by Jennani Durai).

This is very typical of this newspaper — it waits to be sure that the government is prepared to live with airing an issue before the newspaper will cover it, and even then, leads the story with the government’s point of view (as you can see from the headline used), not the criticism, which is mentioned almost as an afterthought.

Following this story, Straits Times carried two letters to the editor, on 7 July 2012, to which the CEO of NParks Poon Hong Yuen replied, as published in the newspaper on 14 July 2012.

We thank the writers for last Saturday’s feedback (‘Seeking clarity over $2,200-bike purchase’ by Mr Tan Buck Yam; and ‘Shocked by $2,200 price tag’ by Mr Thong Kok Kheong and ‘Target price should have been less than $1,000′ by Mr Wong Kah Khoon, both on Forum Online).

Poon Hong Yuen
As a public agency, we are aware of our duty to ensure value for money when public funds are involved. We acknowledge that we could have handled this purchase better.

Upon closing of the quotation, we received two offers from one vendor, both of which met our specifications. We chose the cheaper model of bicycle offered as the price quoted was lower than the retail price, and within our estimated budget.

In hindsight, we could have set a longer quotation period, and considered recalling the quotation when only one vendor made a bid.

All three writers asked why foldable bicycles were needed.

Productivity enhancement was a major consideration as our officers’ workload has increased significantly. For example, we have increased tree inspection frequency by at least 30 per cent due to adverse weather patterns, and opened up another 50km of park connectors in the past two years.

We had to find ways to boost productivity as an alternative to hiring more people.

Our staff used to take public transport and walk to various locations to inspect roadside trees and park connectors.

As an alternative, we introduced non-foldable bicycles, but we needed a van to ferry these around.

With foldable bicycles, staff can use public transport to reach various locations, and cycle within their work sites, halving inspection times and delivering $600 of savings per month per officer.

We believe it is important to equip our staff with the right tools to perform their work well. As our staff cycle 30km to 40km daily, sometimes over rough terrain, we require good foldable bicycles that are compact, lightweight and durable.

To ensure that the appropriate equipment is procured, we also tested foldable bikes of different sizes and makes on public transport.

Prevailing government procurement guidelines require agencies to put up purchases up to $70,000 through an open invitation-to-quote process via GeBIZ, which is open to all vendors. This process is more transparent than notifying a few vendors to quote, as suggested by Mr Tan.

We adhered to the procedures by putting up specifications on GeBIZ over a six-day period, including four working days. We did not indicate any brands in our quotation.

We will work with the Ministry of National Development to draw lessons from this purchase.

Poon Hong Yuen
Chief Executive Officer
National Parks Board (NParks)

He too stoutly defended the procurement process and outcome.

At about the same time, there was an article in The Online Citizen on the subject. Unfortunately, it is now irretrievable. I get an “Error 404″ when I try. This is how frustrating it is — it’s only a little more than a year, and historical information is already lost.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wendy you are wrong! All bosses are Christian they are real bastard, Monday to Friday
they commit all sinful things, screw up their staff, pressure them to resign etc.
than Sunday go Church asked for forgiveness!! Back Monday meeting evil spirit return
again!! Kong Fatt Choi is one of them evil bastard who cheat donors money for wife to spend and
screw in US with the Black!! I am not against any religion but the ppl inside are deceased!
In this world there are the Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

Next Gebiz portal is joke, the gahmen department that called for the tender had
already fixed with their regular contractors, so they called in tenders, contractors visit
them provide biz cards as proved, end of the day the Fixed Contractor will get the job,
they call 5-6 contractors to show their boss, look ~ I am clean!! see!! no corruption!!

So my during 20 or so visits to gebiz and provide low price quote never had I won a tender,
they are all "FIXED" !! end of the day I gave up never to tender for the gebiz.

CPIB so should go in and check these gebiz tender!!

let me rephrase that, i know many assholes who are bhuddhists in reply to the previous post and i also know many assholes who hide behind the façade whatever religion they claim

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
the so called buddhists in burma beat muslims up regularly. to be fair, buddhists are generally the most peaceful religious people i think

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the first place who the fuck will believe there is no cheaper alternative that is equally capable of getting the job done.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
according to the news, Bernard Lim Yong Soon pre trial conference was on 24th Oct 2013.
any brothers and sisters and sinkies here got info on Bernard Lim Yong Soon Pre Trial Conference?

Quote:
He is accused of giving false information to officers from the National Development Ministry about his relationship with a director of Bikehop Singapore - the company that was at the centre of the controversial Brompton bicycle purchase last year.

A pre-trial conference date has been set for October 24.
Unquote:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/nparks-assistant-director/828326.html

Hopefully Bernard Lim has the courage to tell all the stories and link the corruption to the whole organization of NEA which is under Minster Khaw Boon Wan