• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Broker's take: OCBC says Ron Sim's offer to privatise OSIM is reasonable

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
OCBC Investment Research is recommending that shareholders of OSIM International should accept the founder's offer to privatise the luxury massage chair maker.

Early Monday, OSIM's founder and chief executive officer Ron Sim made a voluntary unconditional cash offer of S$1.32 a share to take the lifestyle company private. The offer price is S$1.30 a share excluding final dividends.

Mr Sim owns 68.31 per cent of OSIM.

The offer comes a month after OSIM reported a full-year net profit of S$51 million for 2015, down 50 per cent from 2014, even while revenue slipped 10 per cent to S$620 million.

See who is talking about OSIM INTL LTD

Here are some comments by OCBC's analyst, Jodie Foo:

"The offer price represents a 31.8 per cent and 33.5 per cent premium to the volume weighted average price for the corresponding one-month and three-month periods respectively."

"The offer price also represents a significant premium of 61 per cent to our 12-month fair value estimate of S$0.82. Mr Sim intends to make the offer with a view to delist and privatise OSIM."

"Given the tough environment ahead and the lack of strong drivers for earnings, we view this offer to be reasonable and recommend shareholders to accept the offer."

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/com...Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

jw5

Loyal
OSIM is known for its line-up of celebrity endorsements which include HK, China and Taiwan stars like Gong Li, Lin Chi Ling, S.H.E, Michael Wong, Liza Wang and Louis Koo. Let's see after they go private, whether they continue to do that. :wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With a recession coming, how many people are willing to spend $$$..$ on an expensive massage chair:confused:

If you visit Batam you can get a 1 hour traditional massage for 100,000 rupiah, about $11. While there you can also jalan, jalan & have some good makan.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With a recession coming, how many people are willing to spend $$$..$ on an expensive massage chair:confused:

If you visit Batam you can get a 1 hour traditional massage for 100,000 rupiah, about $11. While there you can also jalan, jalan & have some good makan.

no need to get osim. other brands just as good and at least 50% cheaper.

jw5

Loyal

Definitely a luxury item for the rich, that's what these massage chair companies have been counting on all these years.

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beware the EMF radiation emitted by these machines may be more harmful
than the benefits of the massage.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not only massage, but additional sextisfaction with a happy ending :smile:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
OSIM's shops are usually empty when I pass by. It's strange how they keep posting profits year after year. After a couple of years, I decided to just invest in them despite seeing the empty shops. If they can afford the monthly rents despite the empty shops, then they are doing better than what most people expect. I am glad Ron Sim did not disappoint me. Time to sell!

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
OSIM's shops are usually empty when I pass by. It's strange how they keep posting profits year after year. After a couple of years, I decided to just invest in them despite seeing the empty shops. If they can afford the monthly rents despite the empty shops, then they are doing better than what most people expect. I am glad Ron Sim did not disappoint me. Time to sell!

Good one, John.

RSIsNothing

When OSIM got delisted and within 8 months submit an application to HK Stock Exchange for listing, you already know the man Ron Sim is. He makes his money at other people's expenses.