• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

bringing in cigarette from JB to Spore

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
normally i just open n smoke one stick than throw it into a hole @ my gear there than drive in, not a words from them.

BUT i no longer buy from MY le, their cig dun taste right anymore. the more i smoke MY cig.... the more sick i feel

I think cigarettes have the effect of making you sick eventually, no matter where they come from.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread is so pathetic that it's actually quite sad. My advice to all smokers if this: if you cannot afford to smoke, try till you die to quit smoking.

few things are more tragic than seeing smokers trying to save nickels and dimes while inhaling cancer sticks.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully concur with errorist there's no such rules. But in the pre LHL p.mship days, the custom guys actually exercised the discretion of letting off people with I cig less opened pack. Smokers who had taken advantage of that can attest to that fact.

Alfrescian
Loyal
More than 10 years ago, I was driving back home from JB. I was stopped by custom officer, my car was pulled to a side. Custom officer started to search underneath my dashboard and other hidden area( they know where to search)

Me: Sir, what are you looking for
Officer: Do you have any cigarettes to declare?.
Me: Yes, I have 2 open-pack cigarettes in my pants.
Officer: Any more cigarettes you have?.
Me: No more Sir.

This Officer was more interested in looking for carton box of cigarettes hiding in the car. Nothing found, and I was let go and told me next time only
one packet allowed.
If you declare, the most you pay duties. If you hide somewhere in an unusual place.
You will be charged for smuggling contraband cigarettes.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Show me this "1 open pack = personal comsumption" law.

Why I know this for sure?? Because I have been caught before, which is more then 6 years ago. I'm a non-smoker, went into JB with 4 other friends, with 1 smoker in the group. Like you guys, the dumb smoker friend believed in the "1 open pack + 1 sticking missing" rule. So each of us non-smokers carried 1 open pack with us for him. Got caught, brought into office. Of course we argued and the officer explained to us that there was no such law!! The officer was able to tell immediately what we were trying to do and who the smoker was as his pack had more sticks missing and our only had 1. So he asked if we all want to get fine for 1 pack or will the smoker take the "blame". Well, at least the smoker had some decency to admit that all the packs belong to him. The officer gave him a discount and only fine him for 2 packs. I forgot how much, but I clearly remember he had to pay the fine/tax, gst and buy 1 "smoking cause cancer" label for each pack.

The " 1 open-pack - 1 less stick" rule only applicable to Malaysian workers coming to Singapore. True. No such rule for Singaporeans. So, it is the
discretions of the Custom Officers.
" Have you anything to declare" This is the signature of Custom Officers.
If you have declared accordingly you will have solved the hassles, and never argue with them. Be humble and ignorant.
Fines and duties are two different thing.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy in Singapore pay the tax, help the economy, help to pay for your 1st division government, who care so much for your health, to discourage you to stop smoking. :wink:

Why help another country to pay for their tobacco tax( even though low)!

Help your government, pay the tax, smoke in peace, no need to fear being caught at the customs!

So, get peace!..buy your smoke in Singapore!:biggrin:

Yes I agree. Buy at the food-court better. They are fresher !!:biggrin::biggrin:

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
So there you have it, it up to you smokers if you want to believe this or continue telling yourself, it's ok, it alright, as long as I have my own definition of "personal consumption" I can bring in dutiable goods like nobody's busines
============

how about bringing in the tobacco leaf and rolling it yourself ?

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal

that's how one of my friends is doing

the fella says it serves 2 purposes _ 1) save money, and 2) his doctor always recommended that he should have some form of exercise

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
even that 1 packet is taboo now....father-in-law kenna liao....orkong for bringing in 1 pack with 1less in it... (smoked one)

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was never a -1 stick personal comsuption rule. All ciggies cannot be brought across by singaporeans. From what i heard from my malaysian friends who are PR here, even they are not allow this -1 stick rule.

But what they did was just buy whatever amount they need and place it inside they luggage. The most important thing was NOT TO HIDE THE CIGGIES. So when they go to the green check out point, they hope not to kenna tahan by the Customs official. Then they are home free.

So if sway sway kenna tahan, the first thing the customs will ask was anything to declare, they act like suddenly remember there ciggies in the luggage and quickly take them out to show the custom official. Never give excuses and cooperate with the official. Like that, all they had to pay was just the custom duties and gst.

Try other funny stunts will had to pay duties, gst and FINES.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even that 1 packet is taboo now....father-in-law kenna liao....orkong for bringing in 1 pack with 1less in it... (smoked one)

Last time too much hassle to process the paperwork for the gst for 1 packet of cigs, so they just ignore. Now they more desperate for revenue, no more alchohol, no more cigs, nothing , zip.

PAP is getting bad to worse :mad:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you hate PAP so much, the best thing to get back at them and also do yourself a big favour is to quit smoking!

This is crystal clear fact. Wish more will stop smoking.

Isayso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, don't kid yourself. No such thing as bringing in opened cigarette pack through custom. Unpaid duty is unpaid duty cigarettes. Come next Jan, whether opened or not opened, if the stick does not show "SDPC", you'll be in trouble. No need to explain.

How Does a SDPC-marked Cigarette Look Like?

specifications4.gif

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, don't kid yourself. No such thing as bringing in opened cigarette pack through custom. Unpaid duty is unpaid duty cigarettes. Come next Jan, whether opened or not opened, if the stick does not show "SDPC", you'll be in trouble. No need to explain.

How Does a SDPC-marked Cigarette Look Like?

specifications4.gif

Can you see how despicable they are. They are laying the blame on Chee Soon Juan. Note > S.D.P.C. > Singapore Democractic Party Charges or Chee.:mad:

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Government is double-standard. Foreigners in possession of 2 packs of foreign cigarettes entered Singapore and manage to scan-free through immigration check-points.

From my observation, you must have "White- ang mo" skin person.

sohbuckkong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi ,
When you were caught, was your packet of cigerette open and with 1 stick thrown away?
thanks
Yeah bro me go criuse ship bring back 1 pack too. But nowadays laying low as those thirsty freak expect you to pay on the spot if they caught you. They lay on me twice in a month, and i was not working then. Explain to them i am not working and they are merciless to say that its your problem and must paid on the spot!! Was wondering if every JB guy was caught daily for their 200 a pack cigarettes, the kitty will be full in no time.

sohbuckkong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last friday 10 oct 08, My friend and I went to jb to buy 2 packets of tobacco, on returning back to singapore, the singapore custom officer check my friend and found 1 packet of tobacco in his pocket, he was subsequently fined $180. My friend told the officer that its for personal consumption and the officer told my friend that he should open the packet of tobacco.

I was lucky to escape.

So there you have it, it up to you smokers if you want to believe this or continue telling yourself, it's ok, it alright, as long as I have my own definition of "personal consumption" I can bring in dutiable goods like nobody's busines
============

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far, I always bought a packet of cigarette from those cruise ships, I open and throw away 1 stick of cigareette and put the packet of cigarette in my shirt pocket, I do not have any problem bringing in to spore. I always remember that for personal comsumption, I am allowed 1 packet and the defination for personal consumption means that the packet of cigarette must be open and with at least 1 stick used.

I use to get from duty-free shops at airport departure terminals one to two cartons when I travel abroad. On my return usually I would have finished them all except an opened packet in my pocket. Insofar me too have not encounter any problem clearing excise. I believe there may be still a limited quota allowed or they would have closed those duty-free shops.:confused:

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Smoking causes grief to you and others. Spare a thought for yourself, loved ones and other. Give yourself another chance.