• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking: Tan Jee Say & Ang Yong Guan to join SPP

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then which party can win GRC :confused:

Sorry hor I forgot I'm talking to a typical Singaporean who doesn't understand sarcasm.

Just a few years ago, hope your memory is not that short, it was unthinkable that an opposition party would win a GRC.

Similarly today it is unthinkable that a non-WP opposition party will win a seat in parliament.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
The second party usually does not coalition with the first party for one simple reason. If you managed to reach the stage of being a formidable second party, it means the first party has faltered to a very large extent and will continue to falter, so why would you switch to ally with the faltering side when you have caused and benefitted from it? It will be an oxymoron.

Third, fourth and onward parties will be easier to approach by the first party since they are too far from and can never otherwise have a taste of governance.

Unless WP doesn't end up as the second party, it will never coalition with PAP.

Recent UK politics. 2010 elections: First party Conservatives, Second party Labour, third party Lib Dems. So the Lib Dems will have to decide which party it partners to form a coalition. Whichever party it partners will form the government. So they were trying to decide. They chose Conservative instead of Labour.

Unfortunately it looks like the next election will be won by Labour, and the Con Dems will be out.

In other words, there will quite likely come a day when the third most powerful party decides whether PAP or the WP will enter power. It will be very interesting to see what happens then.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, I meant both. They think they are special because they are the only opposition party not talking about unity, and also they think they are special.

I can agree with the first, not necessarily the second as it is rhetorical. It is true WP is special, but it's like saying everyone is special. If I say Metalmickey is special, people won't go "wow" but just "ok".

No, that's not what the WP is saying at all. They have said, you go your own way I'll go mine. They did not say let's have a coalition, I'll be the senior partner, you be the junior partner. And you - are you the WP?

This is really dumb. If I wanted a bunch of arrogant fucks to run my life, I'd go with the PAP instead. At least they already built the Singapore we know. What have you guys done?

We all know no one here speaks officially for any party even if anyone here is a party member - it is a needless question.

If what I said is surprising to you, you can ponder over the following questions.

1) Which coalition in the world does not have a majority party?

2) Which party that holds the most seats in a coalition defers to the other smaller parties and have no national leader from it?

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
If any party wants co-operation with WP, do themselves this favor by winning seats elevate themselves to the same level. It might sound arrogant but that the reality in this world.

That's quite true, LTK and his people will be willing to "lower" themselves if anyone in the opposition camp win some seats. Even people like KJ or DL can redeem themselves if they win a seat. (see that's why DL call himself "Determined Leader"). Once they present themselves as an elected member, LTK will sing a different tune. Not until they win seats, the WP is the opposition elite. That's the reality of the situation.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recent UK politics. 2010 elections: First party Conservatives, Second party Labour, third party Lib Dems. So the Lib Dems will have to decide which party it partners to form a coalition. Whichever party it partners will form the government. So they were trying to decide. They chose Conservative instead of Labour.

Unfortunately it looks like the next election will be won by Labour, and the Con Dems will be out.

In other words, there will quite likely come a day when the third most powerful party decides whether PAP or the WP will enter power. It will be very interesting to see what happens then.

Slight correction. It was either Con Dems or Dems not joining anyone and invoking an immediate fresh snap election. A Lab Dems coalition was very remote as it would give them 315 seats over the Con's 306 - a margin too small to effect stable government.

All 3 parties knew this. Dems knew only 2 options were really viable.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree. but if WP choose to contest Tampines next GE, it would be very hard for NSP to accept it. afterall NSP has been contesting Tampines for over 20 years.

nsp may have reason to be not happy but after contesting for 20yrs with no tangible result, should it make way for the next player?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, that's not what the WP is saying at all. They have said, you go your own way I'll go mine. They did not say let's have a coalition, I'll be the senior partner, you be the junior partner.
looking back at p.e smc b.e, actually the other oppo said i'll be the partner that gets the glamor, fame while you'd be the foot soldier.

what do you think wp should react to that? trying to reason or say you'll go your way and i'll go mine?

I'd go with the PAP instead. At least they already built the Singapore we know.
yes singapore is built by the white scums, all by their own effort.

in fact singaporeans and their children all owe their lives to the white scums. forever

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
If what I said is surprising to you, you can ponder over the following questions.

1) Which coalition in the world does not have a majority party?

2) Which party that holds the most seats in a coalition defers to the other smaller parties and have no national leader from it?

Maybe you haven't heard of the Singapore Democratic Alliance.

Not to mention Indonesia under Sukarno which was a tripartite arrangement between Communists, Nationalists and Islamists. That ended in a lot of bloodshed, of course, but it lasted for 20 years.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Slight correction. It was either Con Dems or Dems not joining anyone and invoking an immediate fresh snap election. A Lab Dems coalition was very remote as it would give them 315 seats over the Con's 306 - a margin too small to effect stable government.

All 3 parties knew this. Dems knew only 2 options were really viable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lib–Lab_pact#21st_century

Not true to say that it was very remote. It didn't happen, but Lib Lab had happened before, and Liberal Democrats are more closer politically to Labour than Conservatives. Gordon Brown was interested in pursuing it.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
looking back at p.e smc b.e, actually the other oppo said i'll be the partner that gets the glamor, fame while you'd be the foot soldier.

what do you think wp should react to that? trying to reason or say you'll go your way and i'll go mine?
That is correct but what Tanwahp was saying is that WP would countenance a coalition where they are the senior partner and the other parties are the junior partner.
yes singapore is built by the white scums, all by their own effort.

in fact singaporeans and their children all owe their lives to the white scums. forever
Well, how about, "the white scums were in power when Singapore was being built up"? Sounds better than "the blue scums were in power when Singapore was being torn down?" Of course we don't know whether that's going to happen but nothing is impossible.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

It call 'critical minority'. Quite unlikely our politics will evolve this way as most people are not sold on the idea of Multi party representations. In fact selling the idea of a 2 party system is already more difficult than climbing mount Everest.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, how about, "the white scums were in power when Singapore was being built up"? Sounds better than "the blue scums were in power when Singapore was being torn down?" Of course we don't know whether that's going to happen but nothing is impossible.
"the pioneer white scums were in power when singapore was being built up" is more accurate

and the reality is "the new white scums were in power when they themselves are tearing down singapore"

horsayliew

Alfrescian
Loyal
If someone who can't perform on the field, what will the coach do? Of course substitute the player. Which all the more provide more justification for a better party to replace NSP. If they don't want to admit, just let the voters decide in a 3CF. ....

Mr. Can I ask you a direct question, if NSP decided to contest in Aljunied GRC in 2016 GE instead of Tampines, what is your brilliant opinion?

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you think coalition politics is fun, it is not. Dream on--coalition governments rarely get work done.

Nice of you to actually reply this time instead of resorting to petty little shit like infractions.

The exact same thing has also been said about multi-party democracies, lest we forget.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
If someone who can't perform on the field, what will the coach do? Of course substitute the player. Which all the more provide more justification for a better party to replace NSP. If they don't want to admit, just let the voters decide in a 3CF. ....

Mr. Can I ask you a direct question, if NSP decided to contest in Aljunied GRC in 2016 GE instead of Tampines, what is your brilliant opinion?

that their right to contest anywhere including Aljunied. Ultimately the best party wins and it doesn't necessary need to be WP.