• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking: S'pore GDP is up but our Avg Salary is going down !

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again, I'm comparing the GDP growth vs salaries growth for 4Qs. Something is just not right here...

Just timing issues. One or the other may be ahead of the other. It is a very short time frame.

Other causes: wages overshot expectations in Q4 - now facing correction, new comers to workforce etc.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just timing issues. One or the other may be ahead of the other. It is a very short time frame.

Other causes: wages overshot expectations in Q4 - now facing correction, new comers to workforce etc.

We shall see... if the salaries continue to trend downwards or even remain stagnant while GDP continues to grow in the next 2Qs, more people are going to get angry with PAP and I'm sure PAP will really need to postpone the election till next year... LOL!

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal
We shall see... if the salaries continue to trend downwards or even remain stagnant while GDP continues to grow in the next 2Qs, more people are going to get angry with PAP and I'm sure PAP will really need to postpone the election till next year... LOL!

And don't forget the GDP had to make up for it's drop over the last 3 years. Like announced by PM Lee, the average growth was only 5%. Did wages drop over the last 3 years? I don't think so.