• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking news: SAF apache helicopter crash in woodland

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Spotter is confused between first model and current model.

Let's put it this way. One may live in the same house for 30 years and the house with regular maintenance and upgrading is still as good as if not better than another house first built this year.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Spotter is confused between first model and current model.

Let's put it this way. One may live in the same house for 30 years and the house with regular maintenance and upgrading is still as good as if not better than another house first built this year.

My bad. Thanks for the enlightenment.
IMHO , I may be wrong but I don't think the US will sell the latest model to us in the first place.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMHO , I may be wrong but I don't think the US will sell the latest model to us in the first place.

Of course not. Except for the UK, the US won't sell any full spec models to other countries.

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal
or, had any RSAF planes or helicopter crash into HDB flats so far?

Not HDB, but a mid air collision between a RAAF Mirage (iirc) and RSAF Skyhawk resulted in the plane crashing into a farmhouse in Lim Chu Kang. A lady was killed. It occurred in either 83 or 84.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not HDB, but a mid air collision between a RAAF Mirage (iirc) and RSAF Skyhawk resulted in the plane crashing into a farmhouse in Lim Chu Kang. A lady was killed. It occurred in either 83 or 84.

For the lady killed, she was getting ready to go to work. In fact, it was her first day of work at Yaohan. When she was killed, she was wearing the Yaohan uniform.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also laughed when I saw the comment. I wonder how they keep up with developments in life. This is despite these are used in Iraq and Afghanistan. Maybe to make the point, you should mention the Ferrari.

These planes are new, u moron. If you go to Kah Wah and buy a new Honda Civic, is it 34 years old?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The latest model except the targeting coordinates of friendly countries and certain weaponry but all else is not issue.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

In fact, the recent sales of F-15s to S Korea and Singapore are models that are better than the ones the USAF have in their inventory. What is restricted is upgrade source codes for the radar and for certain weaponry like AMRAAM, and what not. The planes by and large do not kill, but the installed radar, targetting systems, and weaponry is what makes it better than other planes. By withholding source codes, it prevents recipient countries from developing their radar and weapon systems to defeat US weaponry in the event the country becomes an enemy down the road, eg. Iran.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I also laughed when I saw the comment. I wonder how they keep up with developments in life. This is despite these are used in Iraq and Afghanistan. Maybe to make the point, you should mention the Ferrari.

These are the same people that keep voting in the PAP all the time. They think the PAP of 34 years ago is the same as today's PAP, but actually today's PAP is much worse, not improved.:biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
In the 1970s, RSAF A4 Skyhawk crashed into atap kampung before.

Many A-4s, Hunters, Strikemaster, T-33s, and F-5E crashes, more than I care to recall. But usually all centred around the Lim Chu Kang/Chua Chu Kang/Punggol area.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Triple tragedy.
No.1 Midair collision - airplane hit airplane - buaygee long buaygee
No.2 Debris hit ground parsely populated place and kill a person nang hor buaygee long si
No.3 Poor CCK lady did not made it first day to work in Orchard.:oIo:

Now I know why CCK kampong peasants dislike NSmen, always given smelly hostile face by CCK farming peasants when we conduct exercise there in mid-80s.:oIo:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problems and curses gets bigger before each general erection it seems.
But I still have not get to vote in decades! :oIo:

These are the same people that keep voting in the PAP all the time. They think the PAP of 34 years ago is the same as today's PAP, but actually today's PAP is much worse, not improved.:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who like window seats on airliners are bound to notice, hardly a few minutes after take-off or before landing at Changi, you can see practically the whole stretch of ECP from Changi to Shenton Way. That's how small Singapore is. That's your range within minutes when your airplane is somewhere between 250 to 500 k.m.h. An airfighter is about 1,000 k.m.h. at lower altitude and 1,500 k.m.h. or more at higher altitude. RSAF warplanes have not only crashed in Singapore but into Malaysia too. How they negotiated, settled and/or compensated, I think that's classified.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

again, it is still not uncommon fior such accidents to take place.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
before we actually have this birds, we spent alot of moolah to send the pilots, tech crew and maintenance ppl to US to train for one year plus.

Firstly, kudos to the pilots to be able to control land the bird in order to preserve lives and those innocent. This require cool and calm handling.

But the next question I have is, where the fuck is the maintenance? Did they already outsourced to ST Aerospace? Moreover, this is a relatively new bird, possibility of engine failure shld be low..unless they are swapping engines with Super Puma and Apache...maybe they took the engine from the Puma who just returned from Persian Gulf?

For a heli, you can do a control landing...if it is F15...u land where? in the sea?

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the next question I have is, where the fuck is the maintenance? Did they already outsourced to ST Aerospace? Moreover, this is a relatively new bird, possibility of engine failure shld be low..unless they are swapping engines with Super Puma and Apache...maybe they took the engine from the Puma who just returned from Persian Gulf?

For a heli, you can do a control landing...if it is F15...u land where? in the sea?

Good questions, but unfortunately we'll never get straight answers. Sensitive details, they'll have them classified.