• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Breaking news] riot police are dispersing the crowd in Potong Pasir

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.facebook.com/theonlinecitizen

From TOC Facebook page:

It seems riot police are dispersing the crowd in Potong Pasir and have confiscated the petition. tOC will investigate and bring you the updates.

Petition for by-election at Potong Pasir. According to a volunteer on the ground, the police says the gathering in the public place is an illegal activity. More updates.

Heard from a TOC reader: Police are attempting to stop the petition signing in Potong Pasir, and confiscate the signatures.

https://www.facebook.com/theonlinecitizen

From TOC Facebook page:

It seems riot police are dispersing the crowd in Potong Pasir and have confiscated the petition. tOC will investigate and bring you the updates.

Petition for by-election at Potong Pasir. According to a volunteer on the ground, the police says the gathering in the public place is an illegal activity. More updates.

Heard from a TOC reader: Police are attempting to stop the petition signing in Potong Pasir, and confiscate the signatures.

http://wallpaper.free-photograph.net/sumb/yun_8470x.jpg

http://wallpaper.free-photograph.net/sumb/yun_8470x.jpg

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5TNUCZ-Azg0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5TNUCZ-Azg0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sign petition for will serve any purpose?
Election just over please accept the final vote count. Accept the voter decision because in PP majority vote for PAP.
If not happy with PAP in PP then next election vote him out that all.
Please move on .

Rimururu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sign petition for will serve any purpose?
Election just over please accept the final vote count. Accept the voter decision because in PP majority vote for PAP.
If not happy with PAP in PP then next election vote him out that all.
Please move on .

I think the PP supporters are worried they may be gerrymandered into Bishan- Toa Payoh GRC. PAP well known for it anyway.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the PP supporters are worried they may be gerrymandered into Bishan- Toa Payoh GRC. PAP well known for it anyway.

Why worry? Since SPP also contest in B-Toa Payoh. Then it better for SPP to win GRC next election.
Unless SPP have no confidence of winning GRC. Then better disband the SPP.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The assembly of pple is more spontaneous than organised. I see more pple walking around because they are curious rather than that they are there for any united cause. Shouting and all that can be due to general discontent from the groundswell.

Rimururu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why worry? Since SPP also contest in B-Toa Payoh. Then it better for SPP to win GRC next election.
Unless SPP have no confidence of winning GRC. Then better disband the SPP.

Brutal fact is, unless SPP can recruit quality candidates like what WP did, they will not win the GRC. SPP = Chiam's Party

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow!! another first in history. No wonder people called this a watershed election. It is indeed difficult to swallow when the winning margin is less than a hundred votes.

I started to feel sad already, the guy who spend 27 years in Potong Pasir has to pack his banner and leave his beloved town. I can't blame the crowds.

Last edited:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Potong Pasir residents deserved Sitoh since they are the ones voted him in.
Now they are crying over spilled milk ?
The Chiams have already conceded defeat.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Potong Pasir residents deserved Sitoh since they are the ones voted him in.
Now they are crying over spilled milk ?
The Chiams have already conceded defeat.

No lah, it is the new citizens and the new condo residents that caused the fall and some old people cannot walk and badly need a lift landing in their flat. PAP is the ulitmate evil of all things by using taxpayers monies to threaten the innocent people living there - all these years - and seetoh is in support of PAP action when he was not elected. Seetoh is a bad guy too.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
My posts are usually a few liners. But not this one.

A man who fought for the residents in his own quiet way against bureacracy and odds. Ask any PP rsidents and they have stories to tell. He remains motivated through the years (some resident might have given up and new residents will not understand). PP may not be as fancy as new towns like Sengkang (trust me actually beside being expensve with all the malls and a privatised market, it is actually not fancy) but it is definitely comparable to mature estates like its neighbour Toa Payoh. The times when I visited PP gives me a warm feeling (Just like Hougang). A feeling which you will not be able to experience anywhere else. It don't feel Singapore.

PP doesn't have any awards and are considered a "slum" by 60.1%. It is defintely not No.1 in anyway. In fact it feel like our neigbour malaysia. Is it important to be No 1? What has No 1 brings too the man on the street? More stress and problems? No 1 only benefit the few that we paid to make us work till we are No 1. How many of ou are happy, feeling secure about your future and retirement?

Let's come back to the main point. CST had contributed in a way few MPs had contributed to their residents. I use to think that all Sinkies like me are balless. CST with his contribution had grown balls in people. Balls grown not because of carrots or oppression but grown out of his passion and dedication. These people have really grown balls bigger than the moon. I never expect to see something like this happening in Singapore.

Seeing this video make me feel for Singapore once more. Makes me proud of Singapore and Singaporeans. Glad there are those who still have other beliefs than material gains. I am a nobody but I still want to salute CST and those people with such huge balls and passion about Singapore. I do wish that the govt can feel the ground. I do understand their problems. Money and status is like a big balloon lifting you higher and higher in the air. It will take a lot of effort trying to touch the ground. Most work for the material gains rather than passion unlike CST. CST is not perfect so are we and the govt. But what he has is passion and dedication.

PP residents, you have lost your sharkfin soup and abalone porridge. But you have lost something more precious which money can't buy. An MP who has the passion nd fought against all odds for your benefit. Not that Sitoh is no good but he has party guidelines to follow. In this election, CST might have lost but PP residents have lost more.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you about PP being rustic old charm like the Singapore of old.

Visiting PP is like going back in time. It is unspoilt by the materialism of ALL MIW run estates.

For those that have not been there, I advise you to take the MRT and walk around before this feeling is gone.

Staying in PP, you do not have to worry about coughing money for upgrading.

You do not worry and can bo hiew the MIW.

Now, it is all going to be gone.......hopefully not physically like HILLVIEW.

The MIWs will take some form of revenge I am sure.....hopefully not like HILLVIEW.:eek:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Taro Ries

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never in a million years would I expect a civilian procession like that in Singapore. You are right on CST's contribution to growing balls. I hope this is the start of active citizenry and peaceful protest against injustice and oppression. Majulah Singapura!