• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking News: PAP defeated in Punggol East

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP defeated in Punggol East
by KONG Jiao Way, Political Correspondent
26-01-2013 11.30 pm
The Shit Times
© Singapore Prick Holdings Ltd

The ruling People’s Auction Party suffered yet another setback in the poll today at the hotly contested Punggol East SMC by-election.

Its high-profile candidate, the self-proclaimed son of Punggol, Dr Koh Boh Koon was defeated by the narrowest of margin by his less glamorous foe, Ms Lee Ah Lian of the Woken Party in a 4-cornered fight.

Ms Lee, a trainer with a major local insurer, polled 14,086 votes (or 46.75%) to Dr Koh’s 14,082 votes (46.73%). The winning margin was just 4 votes, a mere 0.02% difference.

The remaining two candidates, Mr KenAndy Yaya of the Retard Party and Mr Lemon Lim of the Singapore Demonic Alliance received 923 votes (3.06%) and 291 votes (0.97%) respectively. Both loses their deposits.

A total of 30,132 out of the 31,649 eligible residents cast their votes. Spoilt votes was 750.

LLL.jpg
Member of Parliament-elect, Ms Lee Li Lian

This defeat at Punggol East is the fourth setback since the General Elections in May 2011. During the last GE, the PAP loses a Group Representative Constituency (GRC) for the first time in Aljunied GRC also to the WP. That defeat cost the PAP 2 cabinet ministars and a potential Speaker of Parliament.

In the Presidential Election in the same year, PAP-endorsed candidate, former Deputy Prime Ministar (DPM), Dr Kentucky Tan managed to scrapped through with just a 0.35% majority also in a 4-cornered contest.

This was followed by the defeat in Hougang SMC by-election last year after the WP sacked its MP, Yaw Siew Lang, for failing to response to allegation of adultery. Ironically, the Punggol East seat was also vacated for similar reason when the PAP MP, Mr Micky Palming, who was also Speaker of Parliament, resigned following admission of an extramarital affairs with a People’s Association staff.

When asked by reporters for his response on the lost, a visibly shaken DPM retorted “What do you think?”. However, the defeated Dr Koh was apparently in jovial mood. He told the media that he was relieved that he had lost the election. He explained that he was reluctant to take up politics in the first place but was coerced into standing for the election.

“I must be mad to want to serve the peasants for that paltry MP allowance. I am best suited in private medical practice serving my wealthy Indonesian clients!” he proclaimed.

“I am also a very busy man with many important appointments and there is simply no more time those lowlifes.”

“Furthermore, if I am an MP, I would have to drive my wife’s Toyota instead of my BMW. You see, I have two cars. I drive one, my wife drives one. We are both professionals and we need to travel. Switching cars frequently would be a real pain in the ass, you know”, he added with his trademark smirk demeanor.

The Prime Ministar (PM), in a Press Statement shortly after the result was confirmed, said that he regret that the voters of Punggol East had decided to stand with the opposition despite our promise to stand with Singkies.

He however, respect the choice of the voters and said that the government will keep its promise to expedite renovation work at Rivervale Plaza if a contractor can be found.

The statement also stated that from now on, the PM would have less time to tackle national issues as he has to spent more time to fix the ever increasing opposition memberships in Parliament.

The statement also dismissed Dr Koh’s earlier comments as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and assured Punggol East residents their welfare will be taken care of.

Political observers whom The Shit Times spoke to shared the view that the defeat at Punggol East is insignificant as far as the PAP is concern.

Dr Derelict da Cunha said that the PAP still has an overwhelming majority in parliament and that the loss is inconsequential.

“I am surprised that Punggol East voters has chosen Ms Lee over Dr Koh who was clearly a better candidate” said Dr GiLan Koh of Institute of Politicking Studies (IPS). She agreed with Dr Da Cunha that an additional WP MP would have no significant effect in Parliament. “The PM will be able to fix them” she added.

Associate Professor EuTalkCock Tan of the Singapore Mismanagement University (SMU), in his usual pro-PAP comments, said that sending Lee Ah Lian into parliament would be a disaster for the WP as he feels that Ms Lee would be overawed by parliamentary proceedings which will inflict serious damage to the WP brand.

Former opposition politician and SBF resident Political Anal-yst, Mr God Meng Seng claimed that he supported Lee Ah Lian’s candidacy and had all along believed that she will win the contest.

For further reports and reactions on the result of the by-election, visit our website at shittimesonline.com.sg.

---

The writer can be contacted at [email protected]

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng congrats tualiap nehneh ahlian! :biggrin: liulian 当选! liulian 当选! liulian 当选! Congrats!

S

Seamaster

Ironically, the Punggol East seat was also vacated for similar reason when the PAP MP, Mr Micky Palming, who was also Speaker of Parliament, resigned following admission of an extramarital affairs with a People’s Association staff.

He is known as "Michael Pump-Her" among Laura's colleagues.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
KNS, made me excited for nothing lah. Reach home immediately log into here.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
See. I told you WP will win... Those PAP sinkie cock losers can go and get a huge cactus and shove it up their sinkie ass.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They way he writethe story damn funny!

Let's hope to get the news ahead of the msm. Somone at the polling stations should leak the news before msm have to gone thru several channel of veritications and approval. I hope we don't see Gillian Koh spewing craps again.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
all your happiness and joy are short-lived...give all of you another 2 hours of fun and enjoyment...haha

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
bullshit

AsiaOne
See realtime coverage
Punggol East polls close
Channel News Asia *- ‎13 minutes ago‎
Supporters of the People's Action Party's Koh Poh Koon cheered him on as the vote counting gets underway. Ms Lee Li Lian of the Workers' Party was seen at the North Vista Secondary counting centre.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
display_image.php

don't be too happy too early..another two hours ,we will know the final result...some tears and some joy....:smile:

M

Mdm Tang

Huat Ah !

Live Reporting From Punggol East :

A) coffee shops filled with WP supporters !!!

B) Shouting Huat Ah !!!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The report missed out on Police Report(er) KJ and Butcher Lim.
Whatever happened to them. No bodies have been sighted in Punggol River. Yet.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Puah cheebye sohai tua bui sai Desmond Lim told reporters that he is going home to wait for election results. Sohai Yao siu kia