• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING NEWS Mediacock CEO resigns

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore: MediaCorp announced Tuesday that Mr Lucas Chow will be resigning from the company as its CEO on 31 July 2011 and that the company has initiated the search for his successor.

Mr Teo Ming Kian, MediaCorp Chairman, said a Search Committee to consider candidates from outside and within the company has been set up.

"I am confident that with the robustness of MediaCorp and the commitment of its management and staff, the transition to the next CEO will be a smooth one” said Mr Teo.

“Lucas has built up MediaCorp to what it is today in the five years as its CEO. Under his watch, MediaCorp has done well to keep up with audiences’ needs and changes sweeping the media industry" added the MediaCorp Chairman.

In a statement, the Asian media firm noted that Mr Chow who had joined MediaCorp in December 2005, took the company through some of its most challenging years, including the world recession that started in 2009.

Under his leadership, the company had not only weathered the financial storm but also emerged stronger in terms of stature and offerings.

This includes garnering several international accolades, including last year’s double win of Asian Television’s Terrestrial Broadcaster and Terrestrial Channel, as well as major product innovation and launches, among them the popular video portal xinmsn.sg, high definition channel HD5, out of home business and soon-to-be-launched Over-the-Top TV service.

Under Mr Chow, the media firm also saw the restructuring and integration of MediaCorp’s sales and marketing division, pulling together the efforts of TV, radio, print and interactive to provide a one-stop solution for advertisers.

The MediaCorp statement also noted that during Mr Chow's tenure, the company started and led a regional broadcasters’ association called SMART Alliance, which aims to synergise efforts in programming, sales and technology.

In addition, there were strategic investments in Indonesian media conglomerates PT Media Nusantara Citra and its parent company, PT Global Mediacom.

Mr Chow said: “I am very grateful to my colleagues who have worked tirelessly with me all these years, and fortunate to have had the guidance of chairmen Ho Kwon Ping and Teo Ming Kian, as well as a supportive board.

"For the next phase of MediaCorp’s development, I wish the new CEO well in taking the company to even greater heights, as well as moving physically to a new campus at Mediapolis. I think the timing is right for a new CEO to take over the reins from here. Having been with MediaCorp for five years, I think I have done what I have set out to do, and it is time to move on."

Mr Chow said he plans to join another company which is in a different line of business.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under him a lot of actor and actress resign because i think he is too cheap skate. Want something good but pay too little.

Under him , a lot of crap show. Like variety show on Makaning a lot !! Total crap !

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only reason why Mediacorpse is still around is becos it is a state run company. In a competitive market, it would have gone down faster than LKY's flaccid dick.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought he says he like sinkieland a lot and dun want to leave this place?:rolleyes:
Now suddenly U turn his words. Must be lured by the attractive pay from
HK/CHina bah.
Now sinkieland is also called cheapoland.:biggrin:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only reason why Mediacorpse is still around is becos it is a state run company. In a competitive market, it would have gone down faster than LKY's flaccid dick.
yeah, there is no competition at all and funny part is they can host 红星大奖.
who are dey competitors?:rolleyes;
pretty obvious why there is 1 and only media.:rolleyes:

wich colonel going to step down? the govt has vacancy for you.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not forgeting the $110 TV licence fee they collected yearly.
Without these all these fat cats in Mediacorpse are useless.,

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LOL, on the bright side, it is slightly better than North korean TV station though.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Under him a lot of actor and actress resign because i think he is too cheap skate. Want something good but pay too little.

Under him , a lot of crap show. Like variety show on Makaning a lot !! Total crap !

Makan show kill 3 bird with one stone.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
1. Pay by restuarant to have advertisement
2. Free makan to all directly involve in shooting
3. No need to pay much actor money/manpower indirectly cut cost

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mediacorp is a great station. Every year they win so many awards. This CEO must be looking for new challenges .

Or maybe he stepped on the wrong toes?

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
there were already tell tale signs before this piece of news. i saw him on tv before and have the impression that he is those por lumpar kind of person. maybe i am wrong,am i???:rolleyes::biggrin:

Mediacorp is a great station. Every year they win so many awards. This CEO must be looking for new challenges .

Or maybe he stepped on the wrong toes?