• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking: Baby collapsed outside due to HAZE-induced asthma attack!!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Indonesia does not give a fuck about the haze! What can Singapore and Malaysia d

Lauch coordinated bombing campaign

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 2 Dengue deaths, PSI now 320, still no sound no picture of NEA CEO

Vivian stood in for him over dengue and the spat over the cleaning of hawker centres.

Now Shame-mugam 'defends' inaction over haze.

And the CEO? MIA.

Easy! U can find him at one of the WP hawker centre inspecting for ceiling cleanings and taking pics!

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Indonesia does not give a fuck about the haze! What can Singapore and Malaysia d

The people who are responsible for the forest fires are all corrupt businessmen who have friends in the government. Obviously some officials and politicians are protecting their cronies by deliberately taking no action. At the local level it would be even worse as corruption is even harder to detect!
So how can the Indonesian government take action when these culprits are being protected by people within their VERY OWN government ranks?

Ever since Suharto fell, every single Indonesian President has tried to tackle corruption but failed miserably. It is too entrenched!!

As for what we can do:

1) Impose an embargo on all Singapore exports to Indonesia
2) Impose an embargo on all Indonesian exports to Singapore
3) Repatriate all Indonesian workers in Singapore including expats
4) Summon the Indonesian ambassador and deliver a stern message, and threaten all of the above with immediate effect if no action is taken by Indonesian government

5) WORST CASE -- IF ALL ELSE FAILS -- GO TO THE INTERNATIONAL COURT @ THE HAGUE. Bring a case against them. Let the international community know about this atrocity and let them decide!

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: HAZE goes to sleep at night, according to NEA...KNNBCCB!!

Given the gravity of the situation, you'd have thought the NEA would be broadcast hourly updates on the PSI until further notice.
Contrary to popular belief, there are some of us who need to venture outside between 11pm and 6am.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another baby rushed to hospital......due to asthma attack caused by Indonesia's WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION

$T2eC16FHJFoE9nh6m+lpBQ(O+YUdK!~~60_35.JPG

Evangelion

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore is just a dwarf compared to the giant Indonesia. Our nation is nearly 100% import, we rely on other nations' exports for our daily needs and wants. If any country wants to play the sanction game, it has its own natural resources and export-driven, for then it can inflict more pain on the other side compared to the one it will receive. Look at the dispute between Philippines and China, the Chinese didn't even feel anything while the Philippines are the biggest loser.

The Indonesian government has never given any shit about the forest fire and even if they do, they are just giving a half-hearted response, typical of 'I send some firefighters cause you all complained." mentality, not because they feel forest fires are a threat to the nation. Even if Singapore send aid or money to help them fight, the money will just end up in someone's songkok anyway, that is why Singapore is still hesitant to commit to a full-fledged aid. The 2004 Aceh tsunami aftermath is the best example, some place are still in ruins, and we are talking about 8 years that has passed. Contrast that to Japan, which after the 2011 Touhoku Earthquake had managed to restore most things back to normal in a span of one year. It tells you how much corruption is there in Indonesia. They are just going to sit there and watch.

Even if we boycott or use any form of protest, I doubt we can even cause much harm on Indonesia part. We are just a small consumer of their exports and they have been aggressively pursuing the patronage of the mainland Chinese. Compared to China, the economic damage on them is negligible. They will only probably start to act if China starts to complain.

Another point is I feel, that ever since the friendship between Suharto and LKY was formed, there has been an unspoken rule in the diplomatic channels towards Indonesia that no matter how frustrated Singapore is with Indonesia, they must never show their displeasure. Singapore has argued with Malaysia before, but have you seen Singapore hantam Indonesia? Even if there are, they are relatively minor cases. Look at how Singapore handled the haze currently, they only register concerns, not even a sharp rebuke (ironically the straits times and new paper were more vocal and upfront). I guess Singapore still has the mindset from the times of LKY that we owe Indonesia a 'moral debt' as Suharto ended the Confrontation and left Singapore in peace to develop. If Suharto were to carry on back then, Singapore might have been finished.

In a nutshell: A small nation can't do much shit to a much bigger nation.

The only viable solutions we have:

1. Summon their ambassador to register a protest
2. Bring the case to the UN or ICJ
3. Emergency meeting with Indonesian Cabinet

All these are my opinions. Cheers.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: New historical high - 290 psi

baby-born-my-mini-baby-born-hospital-ambulance.png

Baby promoted to nurse because all the CIVIL DEFENSE staff collapsed due to the overwhelming haze.

Buay Ta Han

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
98307844_my-mini-baby-born-hospital-ambulance-and-doll-new-ebay.jpg

Baby nurse to the rescue of haze victims.....because all the CIVIL DEFENSE ambulances cannot find their way around due to the thick haze.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Harlo, this is my motherland........this is my country, this is my land, this is my people, these are my friends....

If I leave, who is going to tend to my luscious garden of ang moh durian?

then have some balls to protest and throw out the useless govt of yours, instead of KPKB in the forum like some ball-less sinkie shit.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: New historical high - 290 psi

How Shan? Bala? New historical high on your watch chumps.

Diamdiam acting blur and both mamas just doing their indian shurgging shoulders thing and telling you.....

nim peh pun bo idea hor....bo pian......hahahahaha

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

then have some balls to protest and throw out the useless govt of yours, instead of KPKB in the forum like some ball-less sinkie shit.

Before I do anything drastic, I need to write my will first.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless the kids of elites are affected, we can tan ku ku for any serious actions on this. Ms Vivian is still focusing on how to do WP TC in.

Shall we hope that LKY kicks the bucket due to haze related problems like his heart failed to pump the 2.5 nano particulates? This cud be reason for war n good reason to test our arsenal plus our paper generals..........