• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BRAVO! Indian Navy sank Pirate Mother Ship!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yap you are the biggest loser of all the ship was not a pirate ship!!!!!!!!!!

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/11/25/thai.trawler.india.navy/index.html

But if you want to congratulate the Indian Navy, why don't you emigrate to that country?

You are the loser because I am not such a KiaSu like you :biggrin::cool:.

I lose nothing, but poor Thais! However indeed there were pirates on board hijacking the Thai boat and controlling it and fired at Indian Navy from it. Therefore there is nothing too wrong that Indian navy returned fire.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7749245.stm

Indian navy 'sank Thai trawler'

<!-- S BO --> <!-- S IINC --> <table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="203"> <tbody><tr> <td width="5">
o.gif
</td> <td class="sibtbg">
The Indian navy says the INS Tabar fired upon a pirate ship threatening it
inline_dashed_line.gif

Enlarge Image

</td> </tr> </tbody></table><!-- E IINC --> <!-- S SF -->The owner of a Thai fishing trawler has said the Indian navy sank it off Somalia's coast last week after wrongly assuming it was a pirate "mother ship".
Wicharn Sirichaiekawat said the Indian frigate had attacked the Ekawat Nava 5 while it was being hijacked by pirates.
He said one of the crew had been found alive after six days in the Gulf of Aden, but that another 14 were missing.
The Indian navy has insisted the vessel fired in self-defence at a pirate ship which had been stacked with explosives. <!-- E SF -->
Almost 40 ships have been seized by Somali pirates so far this year.
Earlier, the authorities in Yemen confirmed pirates had captured a cargo ship carrying building material off the country's coast. They said the pirates were demanding a ransom of $2m (£1.3m).
The latest incident came days after the Saudi oil tanker, Sirius Star, was hijacked. It was earlier moved further north up the Somali coast.
'Self-defence'
Mr Wicharn told reporters in Bangkok that the Ekawat Nava 5 had been headed from Oman to Yemen last Tuesday to deliver fishing equipment when it was approached by Somali pirates in two speed boats in the Gulf of Aden.
<!-- S IBOX -->
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="231"> <tbody><tr> <td width="5">
o.gif
</td> <td class="sibtbg">
_45219313_instabar226.jpg

start_quote_rb.gif
We fired in self-defence and in response to firing upon our vessel
end_quote_rb.gif

Commodore Nirad Sinha
Indian Navy spokesman

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- E IBOX --> The pirates were in the process of boarding the vessel and seizing control when the Indian navy frigate, the INS Tabar, sailed into view and demanded it stop for investigation, he added.
"The sunken ship which the Indian navy claimed was a 'mother ship' of pirates was not the 'mother ship' at all," he said.
"The pirates wanted to take our ship to Somalia."
Mr Wicharn said he had learnt the fate of his trawler from a Cambodian crew member who had survived the INS Tabar's bombardment and had been rescued by a passing ship after six days adrift in the Indian Ocean.
The sailor was now recovering in a hospital in Yemen, he said.
Later, an Indian navy spokesman insisted that the Tabar had fired only upon a pirate "mother ship" which had threatened it.
"We fired in self-defence and in response to firing upon our vessel. It was a pirate vessel in the international waters and its stance was aggressive," Commodore Nirad Sinha told CNN.
<!-- S IIMA -->
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="226"> <tbody><tr><td>
_45225787_africa_piracy2_map226.gif

</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- E IIMA --> Following last week's incident, the Indian navy said in a statement that the Tabar had spotted a pirate vessel while patrolling 285 nautical miles (530km) south-west of Salalah, Oman. It said those on board had been armed with guns and rocket-propelled grenade launchers.
When it demanded the vessel stop for investigation, the pirate ship had responded by threatening to "blow up the naval warship if it closed on her", the statement said.
The pirates then fired on the Tabar, after which the Indians retaliated and there was an explosion on the pirate vessel, which then sank, it added.
India is one of several countries currently patrolling the Gulf of Aden, one of the world's busiest shipping lanes. France, India, South Korea, Russia, Spain, the US and Nato also have a presence in the region. <!-- E BO -->

lodoftherings

Alfrescian
Loyal
we discussing sme thing happened so far from us not really affecting us,if india destroyed the ship its their lookout weather it was thai or Somalian boat. If it was RSn , would have been a different story , god forbid if RSN ship is ever under attack..... we would see if they are any good..

A

Alu862

It was not a priate ship and you yap shit hoe gloated that the Indian Navy was the best over other Navies> One sinking: Best navy???

No wonder the US won't bother to criticise Singapore like they do for Malaysia.

Yap is the ultimate loser.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indian Navy blur fucks dont care if they suck wrong ship as they just receive confirmation from DBS they got the job they appy for.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey,they sunk the wrong ship.
it is a thai fishing crawler that they sunk.

OMg that thai boat is like a shipping sampan and the keling ship is a warship.

Warship sink a baby sampan by mistake since it is harmless???? OMG?????????????

Yet this is truely why i will never understand why. Indians make mistakes, nobody really blames them, they escape the blame or some excuse is thought up for them.

Now if it was the china navy that did this, I am willing to bet 1000% there would be many ppl in here saying see china soo lousy china no good chinese no good, stupid etc.

EssaiveE

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the Indians went "oops".

haha speaking of Indian Navy, i always dread when their ships stopover here. You will see bus loads of them Indian sailors going to Mustaffa to stock up on electrical appliances and then make their way back to Changi. And from my observations, they are some of the most ill-disciplined people around.

My favorite are still the Japs and Thais. Their discipline even better than our Singaporean sailors.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess the Indians went "oops".

haha speaking of Indian Navy, i always dread when their ships stopover here. You will see bus loads of them Indian sailors going to Mustaffa to stock up on electrical appliances and then make their way back to Changi. And from my observations, they are some of the most ill-disciplined people around.

My favorite are still the Japs and Thais. Their discipline even better than our Singaporean sailors.

U sure they ill disciplined???????????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyway so what, they can do no wrong.

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMg that thai boat is like a shipping sampan and the keling ship is a warship.

Warship sink a baby sampan by mistake since it is harmless???? OMG?????????????

Yet this is truely why i will never understand why. Indians make mistakes, nobody really blames them, they escape the blame or some excuse is thought up for them.

Now if it was the china navy that did this, I am willing to bet 1000% there would be many ppl in here saying see china soo lousy china no good chinese no good, stupid etc.

I think its human nature to expect different standards from different species. Let me give you an example will you expect a snake to pass the GCE 'O' levels or would you expect a normal human to pass the GCE 'O' Lvl?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think its human nature to expect different standards from different species. Let me give you an example will you expect a snake to pass the GCE 'O' levels or would you expect a normal human to pass the GCE 'O' Lvl?

LOL it's obvious we expect the humans to pass anyway these must be most well liked snakes of all even more liked than humans. :mad::confused: