• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Brainless property ads

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite the ppty downturn and with worse to come, ads in the classified for property for sale still don't get straight to the point and peppered with loads of rubbish:

1. WOW!
2. Cheap!Cheap!Cheap!
3. Buy now or regret!
4. Fire sale.
5. Almost sold.
6. Last call.
7. SOLD!
8. For sale: $1.XX mil
9. Priced to sell.
10. 300% guaranteed.
11. Hurry!Hurry!Hurry!
12. Near RGS/MGS (but really miles away)

To all those ppty agents who prowl this forum, plse!plse!plse! All we want to know is:
- name of developement
- size and num of rooms
- asking price (not $1.xx or inflate it by 30% and then write negotiable)

Cut the crap and get to the point.

Is this so difficult?
Doesn't it cost $ to place ads in the papers?

tomoko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with your observations. Cut the crap and get to the point.

As to this one:

Almost sold.

Then why still not sold?

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is that brainless, there are brand new flats from HDB for $735K in AMK. If thats consider cheap and will be well received, then these ads are really a bargain. Haha.

But the funniest is near MGS, RI, ACS, whatever. It fails to mention that the kids still need to be smart enough to qualify for these schools.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last chance to scam. Need to make last income b4 jobless or have to pay up own house loans.

bodaiman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost sold simply means - agent have to share commission with the buyer's agent. Now that the selling owner has got a buyer; why not fish for a buyer that walks in and gets to keep all the commission ? Now who is brainless

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
What to do if you have BTC ah beng, think singlish, tok singlish, instruct in singlish, and place the ad in singlish with the singlish shitty press holding agent ? That's the end result of a good example of singlish ad !! Super beng and super brainless.

Despite the ppty downturn and with worse to come, ads in the classified for property for sale still don't get straight to the point and peppered with loads of rubbish:

1. WOW!
2. Cheap!Cheap!Cheap!
3. Buy now or regret!
4. Fire sale.
5. Almost sold.
6. Last call.
7. SOLD!
9. Priced to sell.
10. 300% guaranteed.
11. Hurry!Hurry!Hurry!

To all those ppty agents who prowl this forum, plse!plse!plse! All we want to know is:
- name of developement
- size and num of rooms

Is this so difficult?

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. WOW!a
2. Cheap!Cheap!Cheap!
3. Buy now or regret!
4. Fire sale.
5. Almost sold.
6. Last call.
7. SOLD!
9. Priced to sell.
10. 300% guaranteed.
11. Hurry!Hurry!Hurry!

No choice for them, now market is really bad, their rice howl are in danger so in desperation they will think of all ways to promote and attract customers

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. WOW!
2. Cheap!Cheap!Cheap!
3. Buy now or regret!
4. Fire sale.
5. Almost sold.
6. Last call.
7. SOLD!
9. Priced to sell.
10. 300% guaranteed.
11. Hurry!Hurry!Hurry!

- name of developement
- size and num of rooms

Is this so difficult?

Let me translate……

1. WOW!
Wow… deep recession here, kena retrenched liao, better let go the hot potato, see which sucker will buy

2. Cheap! Cheap! Cheap!
CB banker calling me again, close to default, KNN last year asked me take big big loan said property very hot. Somebody faster take this hot potato off me and get this CB banker off my back

3. Buy now or regret!
Typo, it is buy now AND regret

4. Fire sale.
If nobody buys, maybe set fire and claim insurance

5. Almost sold.
CB banker doesn’t call me anymore, CB lawyer serves letter, got 14 days to respond

6. Last call.
If nobody buys, fall from the block and police will declare death by unnatural cause

7. SOLD!
Buyer signed option but smart enough to let it lapse, put back on market

$1.XX million is right price lah … for penthouse in Four Seasons

9. Priced to sell.
Agent willing to sell backside to close

10. 300% guaranteed.
Like mini-james bond guaranteed

11. Hurry!Hurry!Hurry!
Wait three months, save 20%, six months, 40%, one year 60%

Wife no read book one, cannot make it, children also cannot.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me translate……

1. WOW!
Wow… deep recession here, kena retrenched liao, better let go the hot potato, see which sucker will buy

2. Cheap! Cheap! Cheap!
CB banker calling me again, close to default, KNN last year asked me take big big loan said property very hot. Somebody faster take this hot potato off me and get this CB banker off my back

3. Buy now or regret!
Typo, it is buy now AND regret

4. Fire sale.
If nobody buys, maybe set fire and claim insurance

5. Almost sold.
CB banker doesn’t call me anymore, CB lawyer serves letter, got 14 days to respond

6. Last call.
If nobody buys, fall from the block and police will declare death by unnatural cause

7. SOLD!
Buyer signed option but smart enough to let it lapse, put back on market

$1.XX million is right price lah … for penthouse in Four Seasons

9. Priced to sell.
Agent willing to sell backside to close

10. 300% guaranteed.
Like mini-james bond guaranteed

11. Hurry!Hurry!Hurry!
Wait three months, save 20%, six months, 40%, one year 60%

Wife no read book one, cannot make it, children also cannot.

What does point 12 mean?:smile:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
a perusal of sg-house, gumtree and hdb resale transactions for Oct seem to indicate that COV has dropped to 20k max, still see the odd high selling price for good locations e.g Marine Terrace with sea view.

IMHO, a lot of room to fall further, a 30-yr old 3-rm flat selling for above 300 grand still makes no sense to me, unless owner rents it out.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
a perusal of sg-house, gumtree and hdb resale transactions for Oct seem to indicate that COV has dropped to 20k max, still see the odd high selling price for good locations e.g Marine Terrace with sea view.

IMHO, a lot of room to fall further, a 30-yr old 3-rm flat selling for above 300 grand still makes no sense to me, unless owner rents it out.

Maybe the next trick by them will be "free hamper" for any house-sign-up :biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1. WOW!
2. Cheap!Cheap!Cheap!
3. Buy now or regret!
4. Fire sale.
5. Almost sold.
6. Last call.
7. SOLD!
9. Priced to sell.
10. 300% guaranteed.
11. Hurry!Hurry!Hurry!

- name of developement
- size and num of rooms

Is this so difficult?

maybe it is people from nigeria posting the advertisement.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Brainless ads appeal to brainless people. That's 66.6% of the population.