• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Boy ! My prediction came true , Parti is bought

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shanmugam to make ministerial statement in Parliament in November on Parti Liyani case
Singapore's Home and Law Minister K Shanmugam. (File photo: Reuters/Edgar Su)
02 Oct 2020 01:02PM (Updated: 02 Oct 2020 01:45PM)
Bookmark
SINGAPORE: Minister for Home Affairs and Law K Shanmugam will make a ministerial statement in Parliament next month to address questions raised about Ms Parti Liyani’s case.
In comments provided to CNA on Friday (Oct 2), Mr Shanmugam said he will speak in Parliament in November after reviews by the police and the Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC) are completed. They are expected to conclude in “two to three weeks’ time”, he said.

Mr Shanmugam had earlier said on Sep 16 that he will deliver a ministerial statement after "receiving notices of various questions that have been filed by (Members of Parliament)".
“Several PAP members, at least two, have filed questions on the Parti Liyani case and the way which it has been handled,” he said then. “It will be good to have it discussed in Parliament openly, set out what happened, and deal with questions.”
On Thursday, Ms Parti was granted by the Chief Justice two weeks to reconsider her application for an investigation to be made into alleged misconduct by two prosecutors in her case, after she expressed some doubts about pursuing it.
READ: Parti Liyani's case against prosecutors adjourned while she decides if she wants to drop it

Ms Parti, who worked as a maid for former chairman of Changi Airport Group Liew Mun Leong, had applied via her lawyer Anil Balchandani for a disciplinary tribunal to be set up.
She is accusing Deputy Public Prosecutors Tan Yanying and Tan Wee Hao of misconduct in handling her trial.
Ms Parti had been convicted in March 2019 by a lower court of stealing S$34,000 worth of items from Mr Liew and his family.
However, a High Court judge overturned the conviction on Sep 4 this year, outlining several issues with the conviction findings and how the case was handled.
But Ms Parti wanted to be able to return home to Indonesia “as soon as conveniently possible”, and she initially considered withdrawing her application to investigate the prosecutors' conduct.
However, she "evidently also believes that the DPPs should answer the allegations she has raised in her affidavit and is altogether somewhat torn between the various competing considerations", said the Chief Justice in explaining his decision to adjourn the case.
READ: Timeline: How former maid Parti Liyani was acquitted of stealing from Changi Airport Group chairman's family
The AGC said in a statement on Thursday after the hearing that the prosecutors "welcome the chance to present a full and transparent account of what transpired during the trial involving Ms Parti Liyani, and will cooperate fully in any inquiry".
“The AGC did not object to the appointment of the disciplinary tribunal, because this would provide an opportunity for the prosecutors to give their account of what happened, and explain themselves,” Mr Shanmugam said on Friday.
The matter remains before the courts, he added.
Should the case be referred to a tribunal and misconduct is found, the prosecutors could face punishments such as censures, being struck off the roll, being prohibited from applying for a practising certificate for up to five years or having to pay a penalty of up to S$20,000.
Source: CNA/aa(ta)

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I think maybe they scared case goes to court of appeal.

Must know when to go out on a high.

Also the defence lawyer for parti will have to become a witness in the DPP case.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the sad truth of today's society. Parti shouldn't have relented but to bring them to court to prove that the AG is a kangaroo court.
Awwww,come on folks, why should Parti ,simply a poor maid from a 3rd world ,should sacrifice her life and fight the injustice for you and me whreas 60% of you folks voted for PAP ? Simply put why should she bear the onus when the majority of you won't?

i think ,taking the money and fleeing sinkie for good is the right thing for her to do ..I wish her well for exposing our cowardice, that's what indeed we are

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
But like this is like letting those 2 corrupted prosecutors go scot-free. They'll repeat again to the next innocent victim the next time.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
But like this is like letting those 2 corrupted prosecutors go scot-free. They'll repeat again to the next innocent victim the next time.
well ,there was an GE to address that ,but we missed that boat didnt we ?

summarised ,it's our problem not Parti's

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't count on the GE. That's because only the WP and PSP are credible Oppos.
granted ,Okie dokie

let's take the situation as of now, are you aware you now can pursue this case as a concerned citizen ? meaning now yourself can go after the prosecutors based on Parti' s judgement

Will you?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
granted ,Okie dokie

let's take the situation as of now, are you aware you now can pursue this case as a concerned citizen ? meaning now yourself can go after the prosecutors based on Parti' s judgement

Will you?
To begin with, I was not the one being wrongly accused. Second, do I have a pro-bono lawyer to fight for me? If all these are no, why should I be involved?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
To begin with, I was not the one being wrongly accused. Second, do I have a pro-bono lawyer to fight for me? If all these are no, why should I be involved?
thats how PAP won elections after elections too....we hid ourselves among excuses but dare not try to

if there is a will, there is always a way ,of course

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats how PAP won elections after elections too....we hid ourselves among excuses but dare not try to

if there is a will, there is always a way ,of course
Not me, if the PAP has done wrong (as in this last election) I would show them my middle finger. But one thing they have always learn is once their voting majority goes down, they'll come up with incentives and goodies to win back their favor, just like HSK dishing out more than S$100Bn in stimulus packages during this Covid-19 Pandemic.

You must also not forget that for many of the electorate, the lack of credible Oppos are also stopping them from voting the Oppos in their constituencies. If for the next GE, WP and PSP will combine, CSJ will eat the humble pie and join in as well, there is a good chance to topple the PAP because by then HSK should have already be in place and I doubt he can also rule the country well. The only person I can admire for the top job is Tharman (in the PAP camp that is). As for GMS and LT, please don't come and split the Oppo votes. GMS only shows up once every 5 years and LT is totally of no integrity. They are practically losers.

Last edited:

worcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether Maid sue the fellow or not is out of the question.

Its obviously a mistake made and they have to be punish mah... if not we need court and police for what? Might as well save the country money and decide everything by using money...