• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boss John, Sinki Sea Level will level up by 115cm before 2100, your East Coast Condo can have ponding everyday, kym?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to updated projections from Singapore's third National Climate Change Study released on Friday (Jan 5), the mean sea level around Singapore will rise even higher than previously expected.

The study is based on the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) sixth assessment report.

Previous projections forecast a mean sea level rise of up to 1m by the end of the century, but this third version of the study has revised the figure to 1.15m.

The study has also gone beyond the end of the century, projecting a mean sea level rise of up to 2m by 2150 under a high carbon emissions scenario. The projected figures are relative to the baseline period of 1995 to 2014.

"Low confidence" sea level projections up to 2300 are also included, an improvement from the second study, which provided medium-confidence sea level projections up to 2100.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
The latest projections are due to better understanding of how melting Antarctic ice sheets contribute to global sea levels.

The average observed mean sea level rise around Singapore is currently around 0.2m across six tide gauges.

Some 30 per cent of Singapore's land lies less than 5m above the mean sea level. With rising sea levels, extreme weather events such as high tides and storm surges are likely to cause levels to spike by a further 4m to 5m.

Faced with this threat, the authorities are already studying ways to protect Singapore's shorelines.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore unveiled one of its most significant measures yet in November last year: Reclaiming land for a new island to protect one of the country's most endangered shorelines.

The island-nation also has in place various other measures, most of which are hard structures such as sea walls and stone embankments, and is in the midst of studying longer-term and more targeted ways to protect coastlines.

Singapore is also developing capabilities to address flood risks and strengthen flood resilience.

All these come at a hefty cost. In 2019, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong noted it would take S$100 billion or more, spread over 100 years, to tackle rising sea levels.

As sea-level rises accelerate, addressing when to implement measures will become more important, said Professor of Urban Climate Winston Chow from Singapore Management University.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
"As sea-level rise is very likely going to accelerate per the version three analysis, the time window left for implementing these adaptation measures is shrinking faster, which also has implication for the cost of doing so."

"There is still uncertainty over the change in ice mass under (high emissions scenario), and if these ice sheets do melt completely - a low likelihood, but (with) high impact - then there’s no amount of adaptation measures that Singapore can use to protect our coastlines," he added.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The anti-carbon globalist cult is getting desperate. :roflmao:

You should have known this would come when traitors have sold out the country to BlackRock. :cool:

Temasek and BlackRock Launch Decarbonization Investment Partnership​

13 APR 2021
https://www.temasek.com.sg/en/news-...-blackrock-launch-decarbonization-partnership

---
And remember, the anti-carbon stuff is just a small part of what they do. They have already told you what their plans are:

english_SDG_17goals_poster_all_languages_with_UN_emblem_1.png

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to wait for sea level rise. The salt water is already corroding the foundation piles. Just a matter of when.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
The anti-carbon globalist cult is getting desperate. :roflmao:

You should have known this would come when traitors have sold out the country to BlackRock. :cool:

Temasek and BlackRock Launch Decarbonization Investment Partnership​

13 APR 2021
https://www.temasek.com.sg/en/news-...-blackrock-launch-decarbonization-partnership

---
And remember, the anti-carbon stuff is just a small part of what they do. They have already told you what their plans are:

english_SDG_17goals_poster_all_languages_with_UN_emblem_1.png
Must keng and keng....then can huat big big mah

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...ate-change-singapore-115m-end-century-4021396

The latest study projects a mean sea level rise of up to 1.15m by end-century, higher than previous estimates of 1m

The study also projects a mean sea level rise of up to 2m by 2150 under the worst case scenario

Sea level rise is inevitable even if the world cuts carbon emissions as desired
Cuts carbon emissions at what costs? All these ranjiao politicians and activists should be caned and jailed for deceiving mankind.

KingFook Sr

Alfrescian
Loyal
"As sea-level rise is very likely going to accelerate per the version three analysis, the time window left for implementing these adaptation measures is shrinking faster, which also has implication for the cost of doing so."

"There is still uncertainty over the change in ice mass under (high emissions scenario), and if these ice sheets do melt completely - a low likelihood, but (with) high impact - then there’s no amount of adaptation measures that Singapore can use to protect our coastlines," he added.
Year 2100.
Everyone visiting/using this forum should not be around.
So what's the beef?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...ate-change-singapore-115m-end-century-4021396

The latest study projects a mean sea level rise of up to 1.15m by end-century, higher than previous estimates of 1m

The study also projects a mean sea level rise of up to 2m by 2150 under the worst case scenario

Sea level rise is inevitable even if the world cuts carbon emissions as desired

2100 isn't that far away. PAP has already started to raise the embankments by over 1m to protect sinkies. All part of the great East Coast Plan.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not even sure if PAP will still rule Singapore in 2030. I am not even sure if Singapore still exist in 2065. I seriously don’t care what is happening in 2100. Earth may not exist by then.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not even sure if PAP will still rule Singapore in 2030. I am not even sure if Singapore still exist in 2065. I seriously don’t care what is happening in 2100. Earth may not exist by then.
Moi note sure if I am around tomorrow, bro.
Please rest assured, we are always in Good Hands

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The study is based on the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) sixth assessment report.

As I've mentioned before, nothing good ever came out of the UN.

The IPCC (anti-carbon cultists), the UNHCR ('refugees welcome' lunatics), the CEDAW (feminazis' rebellion against male authority). Even the UN Security Council is full of shit.

I hope the USA, when a proper, legitimate president takes charge, defunds the UN. I would expel all UN delegates from the USA.

The PAP technocrats are cocksuckers of the Davos cabal, look beyond your stupid CDC vouchers or myopic partisan loyalty and see them for what they are: traitors to this nation. :cool: