• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boss John, Begger Sect setting up Branches in SG Mall, how?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: A concerned Singaporean took to an online forum on Sunday (April 7) to ask others if there has been a rise in begging inside Singapore malls. The post came after he saw a man asking for money in Northpoint City Mall.

“Has anyone noticed a rise in begging happening inside Singapore’s shopping malls?” he asked. “I was at Northpoint City Mall yesterday and at the B1 basement level, there was someone sitting down on the floor crying out to passersby, asking for money, with his hands outstretched as if to tug at the clothing of the people walking by.”

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
The post went on to describe the man. “Chinese male, around 50s. I observed him and he appeared to have no physical or visual impairment.”

Responding to the post, some commenters shared similar experiences with people asking for money. “Clementi Mall – 1st floor entrance to the escalator to MRT,” one shared.

“There’s a Chin(see) bald middle-aged guy who is always targeting the old people and asking them for money.”

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
“I once observed in a coffee shop, those times when a lady leading a somewhat ‘blind’ uncle selling tissue paper,” shared another. “S$50 in 10 minutes. Earn better than me.”

One pointed out that if a beggar is seen in a mall, security can be called upon to ask them to leave. Still, others cautioned that some people can be posing as beggars.

“Most of these ‘beggars’ are opportunists,” one argued. “I am not saying that all beggars are living a good life scamming money from kind-hearted passersby. Many of them are already receiving help from MSF.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
The poorest of the poor, the most unfortunate of the unfortunate here in Singapore do not have to beg for meals. You may feel good giving them a few dollars but what they need is longer-term, sustainable and targeted help.

If you spot them, call the Comcare hotline…”

Another reminded people that there is a proper way to help people in need. “If you really want to help the less fortunate, go through a proper charity,” the comment read. “Giving people money on the street doesn’t fix/help anything.”

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Liddat can also say begging ?

1713170781330.jpeg