• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Body of kayaker found in waters off Sentosa, two days after she went missing

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know how this happened.

My condolences to the victim's family, relatives & friends. She is a brave lady, will be forever honored by those, & Humankind, whom she had attempted to save even at the cost of her own life. Each life is precious & means something special to another....

Never, EVER, to foolishly presume that the sea is a friend to soft skinned Humans...Despite its seemingly calm surfaces - mere flat waters - there are currents, tide & weather CONDITIONS to take into account.

The insignificant nobody me remembered once during our usual military NSF training, to swim from Pasir Ris Beach to the famous Changi Jetty. It would only take only 30mins, as my group were strong & fit. There was MUCH bravado & teasing going on, especially that the LAST swimmer would pay for ALL drinks at Changi Europa Pub.

LITTLE did we realized, young as were were, that the specific time of weather, tide & currents were CHOSEN to DISPEL our youthful COMPLACENCY. Such conditions were against us, & it did not take minutes to reach Changi jetty, but hours. As safety was a requirement, I still remember the guy, on a boat to pull up the weak, a fellow unit but long serving senior member, chewing on an apple, laughing but still goading us on to complete the course, and an OFFICER from MINDEF was taking notes of the timing & all conditions, for future references & missions.

Just to clarify, the next time we were put to the same situation, we DROPPED our complacencies, after DEBRIEFYING over our last complacencies, even after a mandatory viewing of JAWS movie prior to the new training. We did what we had to do, with better understanding of the CONDITIONS were were under & performed far better than we did before...

The point is, no Human is perfect & we have to learn from our mistakes, in order to progress & even save lives.

1. There MUST be NEW SOP ( Standard Operating Procedures ) for schools or recreation centers that offer sea adventures.

2. Should the worse happens such as currents or weather - STAY PUT in the kayak, as it will NEVER submerge, based upon SCIENCE. When overturned, ENSURE Trainees KNOW the method to return the floating device known as Kayak, back to surface.

3. As it is an ORGANIZED event, there will be others & even mgmt whom will know of events & even the mysterious time that a Kayak had not return. They MUST inform the AUTHORITIES IMMEDIATELY - SPF for help, whom WILL involve our Military for help - Coast Guard, Navy, Air Force Military helicopters, etc for search & rescue operations. We, Singaporeans, will leave NONE behind, as each life is precious & means something special to another.

It will be safer to stay on the Kayak, as itself is floatation device, along with life vests worn, even if it drifts off into the South China Sea or international waters, which will take TIME, which should notice be sent to authorities, can save lives, as a Human can live without water for at least a day or more, & without food in days, than to swim towards a seemingly near target without fully understanding sea conditions of weather, undertow, tide & time.....