• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Body of kayaker found in waters off Sentosa, two days after she went missing

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
www.channelnewsasia.com
Singapore

Body of kayaker found in waters off Sentosa, two days after she went missing​

The body of the missing kayaker, a 33-year-old woman, was found on Tuesday afternoon.
Body of kayaker found in waters off Sentosa, two days after she went missing
The kayaker went missing off Sentosa near blue floating security barriers on the morning of Oct 22, 2023. (Photo: CNA/Chew Hui Min)

24 Oct 2023 08:14PM (Updated: 24 Oct 2023 08:41PM)

SINGAPORE: The body of a kayaker who went missing on Sunday morning (Oct 22) has been found in waters off Sentosa.
The police have identified the kayaker as a 33-year-old woman.
Her body was found and retrieved by the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) at 3pm on Tuesday.
The police said they do not suspect foul play and that investigations are ongoing.
kayaks_collage.jpg
A fishing boat picked up a kayaker and two kayaks that had capsized off Sentosa on Oct 22, 2023. (Photos: Alvin Ng)
The victim was part of a group of three kayakers who had set off from Sentosa towards the Southern Islands, according to founder of Kayakasia Sim Cher Huey, who was among those who helped with the search.
A fourth sea kayaker happened to meet the group on the waters and joined them.
Mr Sim told CNA that two kayakers, a man and a woman, capsized between 9.30am and 10am near a line of blue floating security barriers.
"It happened at this particularly tricky place where the currents, the moving water, meet these stationary barriers," he said.
When the male kayaker capsized, the woman went to help but ran into trouble herself. "Both were swept under by currents," Mr Sim said.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
why wear life jacket still can drown?
The current must be too strong.
I was hoping she could have clinged onto something and waiting for rescue.

I was once trapped in a isolated sea when our speed boat malfunctioned. We managed to steer ourselves to some big rock. The current was very strong and we were sitting on roller coaster. Luckily we have sos signal from hp. Pcg took a few hours to locate us.
That time I thought it could be the end for me if it were to capsize. :speechless:

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal

I was once trapped in a isolated sea when our speed boat malfunctioned. We managed to steer ourselves to some big rock. The current was very strong and we were sitting on roller coaster. Luckily we have sos signal from hp. Pcg took a few hours to locate us.
That time I thought it could be the end for me if it were to capsize. :speechless:
:eek:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
boat.no life jacket?
Ya just a very small speed boat without anything except a paddle.
If it capsize before we found the rock will be a disaster.
After we found and managed to steer by paddle and held on to the rock, the current just keep banging the boat against the rock. Pong pong pong boat also dented.
But if capsize there I think still can climb to the rock and wait for rescue.
It was not easy to spot us amongst many big ships far far away :speechless:

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
Ya just a very small speed boat without anything except a paddle.
If it capsize before we found the rock will be a disaster.
After we found and managed to steer by paddle and held on to the rock, the current just keep banging the boat against the rock. Pong pong pong boat also dented.
But if capsize there I think still can climb to the rock and wait for rescue.
It was not easy to spot us amongst many big ships far far away :speechless:
you take boat go fishing or jalan jalan 吹海风?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
you take boat go fishing or jalan jalan 吹海风?
A jalan trip when friend got his boat license.
Inexperienced outing.
on that day, 1 old man that looked after my friend's boat told us got fisherman got killed during a fishing trip. Then this thing happened I thought that's it for me :confused:

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
A jalan trip when friend got his boat license.
Inexperienced outing.
on that day, 1 old man that looked after my friend's boat told us got fisherman got killed during a fishing trip. Then this thing happened I thought that's it for me :confused:
after that incident, u still go out to sea?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
after that incident, u still go out to sea?
No more as I also have motion sickness.
Last time do kayaking I always want to puke too.
I think if the same event were to happen at this age and body fitness level, I will die from puking instead of drowning :o-o:

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
No more as I also have motion sickness.
Last time do kayaking I always want to puke too.
I think if the same event were to happen at this age and body fitness level, I will die from puking instead of drowning :o-o:
哈哈哈哈

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal

I suspect it is all due to vaccination