• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Blow my mind, a matlay actually made it to the top in chinese dominated banking in sinkie

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bank of Singapore CEO Bahren Shaari to retire by year end; interim CEO appointed​

SUN, DEC 18, 2022 - 06:49 PM

UPDATED SUN, DEC 18, 2022 - 9:43 PM
wong20pei20ting2162162028129_18.jpg

Wong Pei Ting
1672663058305.png

Bank of Singapore’s chief executive officer Bahren Shaari will retire with more than 30 years of banking experience.

PHOTO: BANK OF SINGAPORE
BANK of Singapore’s chief executive officer (CEO) Bahren Shaari will be retiring by the end of this month after over 13 years at the bank, a private banking subsidiary of OCBC.
When first announcing this in an internal memo on Friday (Dec 16), OCBC CEO Helen Wong said Bahren’s successor will be announced “as and when it is appropriate”.
In the interim, Vincent Choo – OCBC’s outgoing group chief risk officer who has been a director on the board of the Bank of Singapore since 2014 – will take over from Jan 1, 2023, according to the memo, a copy of which was seen by The Business Times.

Following the memo’s circulation, Bahren, who will retire with more than 30 years of banking experience, made a public post on LinkedIn, in which he reflected on his tenure at the bank.
“I’m immensely grateful and proud of the 13 years I’ve spent at Bank of Singapore, Asia’s global private bank. It has been a great privilege for me to work with a team of dedicated colleagues who are the best at what they do,” he wrote.
“I’m also thankful for the opportunities and guidance given to me throughout my more than 30-year private banking career, in particular by my former boss Marcel Kreis during UBS days and my predecessor at Bank of Singapore Bing De Guzman, both of whom played a critical role in this journey that has taken me to where I am today.”

SEE ALSO​

OCBC said to hire ex-Goldman’s Jason Moo as its private bank CEO

Stay updated with BT Newsletters​

Email

By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.
icon-btfeedback-white.svg

Your feedback is important to us
Tell us what you think. Email us at [email protected]

He ended the post saying that he is “looking forward to the next chapter” of his life, but did not reveal what he will do next.
Bahren was appointed CEO of Bank of Singapore in 2015. He joined the bank when OCBC acquired and merged ING Private Bank into its wealth management franchise around 2010. He was then the head of South-east Asia.
According to Wong, the private bank under his leadership successfully completed the acquisition of Barclays Asia, and grew its business from a modest US$55 billion in assets under management to US$114 billion today.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One high-falutin mudd only you already ecstacy. How about you elevate your own status instead ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe trouble is looming for OCBC bank. He'll be the fall guy.

These banks are still owned by a few bloodline Chinese families.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bank of Singapore CEO Bahren Shaari to retire by year end; interim CEO appointed​

Wong Pei Ting
View attachment 174543
Bank of Singapore’s chief executive officer Bahren Shaari will retire with more than 30 years of banking experience.

BANK of Singapore’s chief executive officer (CEO) Bahren Shaari will be retiring by the end of this month after over 13 years at the bank, a private banking subsidiary of OCBC.
When first announcing this in an internal memo on Friday (Dec 16), OCBC CEO Helen Wong said Bahren’s successor will be announced “as and when it is appropriate”.
In the interim, Vincent Choo – OCBC’s outgoing group chief risk officer who has been a director on the board of the Bank of Singapore since 2014 – will take over from Jan 1, 2023, according to the memo, a copy of which was seen by The Business Times.

Following the memo’s circulation, Bahren, who will retire with more than 30 years of banking experience, made a public post on LinkedIn, in which he reflected on his tenure at the bank.
“I’m immensely grateful and proud of the 13 years I’ve spent at Bank of Singapore, Asia’s global private bank. It has been a great privilege for me to work with a team of dedicated colleagues who are the best at what they do,” he wrote.
“I’m also thankful for the opportunities and guidance given to me throughout my more than 30-year private banking career, in particular by my former boss Marcel Kreis during UBS days and my predecessor at Bank of Singapore Bing De Guzman, both of whom played a critical role in this journey that has taken me to where I am today.”

SEE ALSO​

Email

He ended the post saying that he is “looking forward to the next chapter” of his life, but did not reveal what he will do next.
Bahren was appointed CEO of Bank of Singapore in 2015. He joined the bank when OCBC acquired and merged ING Private Bank into its wealth management franchise around 2010. He was then the head of South-east Asia.
According to Wong, the private bank under his leadership successfully completed the acquisition of Barclays Asia, and grew its business from a modest US$55 billion in assets under management to US$114 billion today.

This shows that under PAP's meritocratic ideals, muuds can evolve from jihadists and food deliverers to become successful bankers. Majulah PAP!

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
“I’m also thankful for the opportunities and guidance given to me throughout my more than 30-year private banking career, in particular by my former boss Marcel Kreis during UBS days and my predecessor at Bank of Singapore Bing De Guzman, both of whom played a critical role in this journey that has taken me to where I am today.
Note who he thanked. No chink will give a time of day to a talented Malay.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wong Pei Ting
View attachment 174543

SEE ALSO​

Email

Juz a token, so that ppl ca say there is diversity. Same with pilots

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bank of Singapore is an unknown bank. It’s alright to have a mutt to window dress our racial equality tag line.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
this article is knn long winded. let me summarise in one sentence.
he makan enough already now retire, next lucky motherfucker please.