• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Blind S'porean with guide dog treated poorly by staff at clothes store

HappyCAMPER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dogs are man's best friends. They play with you, and never give you faces. Why would anyone hates dogs, it's beyond me.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hang on tight to your dog!
We have very sensitive people that are allergic to dogs due to religion!
And we also have things that are even more allergic to dogs due to diet, they just can't stop eating them!
And also we have things that are allergic to dogs due to profession especially if you dog is not tax payers' fed fat dogs in white coat! These white fat dogs don't like other dogs running around in parliament house & their expensively renovated offices!

Couldn't agree more :wink:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Business owners have a right to impose terms of businesses on their premises. For instance no eating or drinking, no Chinese or dogs allowed within premises, etc. Their store, their rules, as long as they can justify the reasons for refusing to conduct business in the way customers want, such as not allowing customers to bring their cats and dogs into the premises. Why back-paddle when faced with public scrutiny?

Can't leave the dog outside while being attended to by the retail staff after informing them of their disability? I
think this visually impaired lady is probably damn kuai lan.

agree. there's nothing wrong with a store imposing its rules and policies on customers. blind folks with guide dogs are very common in the bay area, the most liberal region in the u.s., and many retail stores don't allow dogs into the premises, guide or no guide dogs. there are various practical reasons and constraints why dogs are not allowed in. walking aisles are not wide enough for dogs and owners to navigate thru', especially with other shoppers in the crowd. store access and arrangements are so unlike public streets, roads and pavements that the dog will most likely be confused or get lost. some customers just don't like to be brushed by a dog. some kids and adults will congregate where dog is to start conservations, pat the dog, and worst of all, create a traffic hazard and break the fire code and city ordinance of the premise. there 1001 more reasons. if a handicap or blind customer with a dog needs assistance from store ersonnel, they can always ask first for help or permission before charging in as though the world is their oyster and everybody else must get out of the way. if they are polite in the first place, many would gladly lend a hand, such as helping her shop or watch the dog at the entrance. guide dogs are trained to be quiet and mild, and they can easily wait patently at the entrance area. :rolleyes:

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Business owners have a right to impose terms of businesses on their premises. For instance no eating or drinking, no Chinese or dogs allowed within premises, etc. Their store, their rules, as long as they can justify the reasons for refusing to conduct business in the way customers want, such as not allowing customers to bring their cats and dogs into the premises. Why back-paddle when faced with public scrutiny?

Can't leave the dog outside while being attended to by the retail staff after informing them of their disability? I think this visually impaired lady is probably damn kuai lan.

Quite agree with you. This is a good suggestion. It's not exactly convenient to have the dog moving about inside the store. Problem is, no one ever expected a visit from a blind person with a guide dog. They were simply stunned and didn't know how to react.
I saw this lady once. She's actually quite cute looking in person and very smartly dressed. She walks so confidently.

TemasekIsSickening

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't people be a little more helpful to the disabled?

Cheers!

Sadly this is missing in our society.

I don,t seem to understand why we cannot offer help to those in need in our midst but are able to send millions of dollars to help other affected people overseas.

Charity should begin at home. Isn't that true ?

Who ought to lead ?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a society, Sinkieland is very 3rd world, look at our roads, overhead bridges etc are all very disabled unfriendly,,but i understand as it cost alot to implement disabled friendly access,,and i for one wont want to pay for it.

However, this blind lady can use the walkways like everyone else,,and has to dog to help out,,but our society does not understand the need for the seeing eye dog,,in ang mor land food places etc do not allow pets,,but seeing eye dogs, guide dogs etc are allowed,,as they are trained,,,

If just society ignorance,,but come to think of it,,its better death than disability,,,that is life,,,and life is hard enough without this extra shit and burdens to deal with