• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Blame the WP and not the PAP for this election result

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Your point that WP should have done more and better? Yes.

Your point that WP would have been better opposition under a different leader? Sorry, it's irrelevant, it's like asking if Singapore would have been better if LKY had not been born. Lol

Your point that other types of opposition styles - more combative and confrontational would have led to more opposition votes? No. Understand the mentality of sinkie voters first. You are not going to change them overnight after years of indoctrination.

Ok, now wait for the <former police scholar cum wannabe police commisioner's> "nailed it" reply. :wink:

I have not mentioned the WP leadership at all. And your reference to LKY is irrelevant. In fact, he has not been the leader for a long time. If you want to talk about leadership, surely, there are many people more charismatic then pink shirt wearing, lady leg crossing, gay Loong. he has shown ridiculously poor leadership, made poor choices, and does not have the bearing of a leader. How can it be this difficult to be better then him. LTK could easily run rings around this bapok if he chose to.

Again this thread is about the WP. If you want to talk about combative and confrontational styles versus, the WP balls licking style, I can tell you the balls licking style does not work either. The difference between the 2 styles is $6 million and 8 seats. The kowtow to PAP style still resulted in less votes for the WP.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I have said this many times. Better to queue orderly for the emigration exit instead of causing a bank run on cpf and collapse in property prices. You die your business! Teehee!

What does it matter? If you are emigrating, by all means sell your flat and take your CPF out. Create a bank run and collapse on property prices. The only people it will affect is the 70% who voted for PAP and are not leaving. They deserved to get fuck by the 30% leaving.

jw5

Loyal
Read the part in bold in your earlier reply to me.

My opinion is that the majority of sinkie voters still prefer non-confrontational. It is due to years of indoctrination on what politics should be.

That's not what I am saying. I am saying that if the WP had been led by someone like Chee or Roy, and produced the same quality of research and argument that these 2 did and used said arguments constantly against the PAP in Parliament, it would awaken more people to the fact that someone is on their side. Who here thinks the WP represented them well in Parliament? Who here thinks the WP fought hard against added immigration, fake degrees, Sinkies losing their jobs to FTs, etc. If LTK applied the same fierce rhetoric in his stadium rallies as he did in parliament, I can guarantee u his party would win more votes and more seats. Enough to form govt? Probably not. But enough to wake up the PAP and hopefully get them to change some of their policies.

These fucks couldn't even stand up in Parliament, protected from all legal action, and tell the PAP they cannot put a 16 year old kid in jail for speaking his mind. I would never vote for the WP after seeing what they did. Its only netizens and people like Roy that are creating awareness of the issues. Singaporeans are not middle ground, nor moderate, but ignorant. If sinkies were middle ground they would never vote for the PAP, a party that in most countries would be extreme right wing. I don't think they are so scared as ignorant. That is the role of the oppo. when you are in Parliament, you have an obligation to undo as much of the indoctrination and assuage as much of the fear as you can. But has the WP done that? Its on them too.

I have not mentioned the WP leadership at all. And your reference to LKY is irrelevant. In fact, he has not been the leader for a long time. If you want to talk about leadership, surely, there are many people more charismatic then pink shirt wearing, lady leg crossing, gay Loong. he has shown ridiculously poor leadership, made poor choices, and does not have the bearing of a leader. How can it be this difficult to be better then him. LTK could easily run rings around this bapok if he chose to.

Again this thread is about the WP. If you want to talk about combative and confrontational styles versus, the WP balls licking style, I can tell you the balls licking style does not work either. The difference between the 2 styles is $6 million and 8 seats. The kowtow to PAP style still resulted in less votes for the WP.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
talk so much
post so much
so many theories
here and there
the same old shit here for so many years
the same old shit
the same old massive rallies
the same old arguments
the same old issues about cpf
the same old clowns
what do you expect
the landslide victory for pap is phenomenal
it is GOD SENT!!!

in the end
pap is still the ruling party

do something more fruitful
join the PA and help your fellow citizens

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a nutshell, singkies are assholes,,,if u do not support PAP u vote for them for what??? that is just stupidity,,,please stop defending the shit singkies

Well said. Though these sinkies like to see themselves as "sensible" (see above #126), "rational", "level-headed". Delusional is not enough to describe them. Stupid is more apt. A fuming PM Goh said after 91 elections that sinkies want their bread buttered on both sides. You think PAP will allow that? Sinkies be prepared to PAY for giving PAP a big blank cheque to change the constitution at will.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
too much hindsight 20/20 bullshido here. you would be credible only if you predict a more than 65% mandate for the pap 6 months ago. not now with all these usual post-ge finger-pointing, blaming and "i know better than you", "my insider knowledge is more tok kong than yours" sinkie bravado and boastfulness. hindsight 20/20 means jackshit to me. :rolleyes:

Er..like how you bragged you predicted 69%, AFTER the election?:rolleyes:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your point that WP should have done more and better? Yes.

Your point that WP would have been better opposition under a different leader? Sorry, it's irrelevant, it's like asking if Singapore would have been better if LKY had not been born. Lol

Your point that other types of opposition styles - more combative and confrontational would have led to more opposition votes? No. Understand the mentality of sinkie voters first. You are not going to change them overnight after years of indoctrination.

Being more questioning doesn't mean more confrontational. Come on, you starting to use PAPies logic on us.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed... as with the Elections prior, and back date to the beginning of Singapore politics... when LKY took over... LKY have already constructed a moat of defense against opposition party from joining the Parliament... and LKY is a firm believer of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niccolò_Machiavelli Machiavelli principles of "THE PRINCE" political treatise. Please read it, and when you compare the book with LKY's political career from 1963 till his demise, you will know what I am talking about...

Interesting theory. I wish you have some concrete evidence to back up your suspicions.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Being more questioning doesn't mean more confrontational. Come on, you starting to use PAPies logic on us.

U are absolutely right. In fact, if you look at all the old speeches that LKY did, there were some really fiery oratory. Today, by the standards of these PAP apologists, LKY would be considered confrontational and combative.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Read the part in bold in your earlier reply to me.

My opinion is that the majority of sinkie voters still prefer non-confrontational. It is due to years of indoctrination on what politics should be.

The pioneer generation and even up to the 70s would remember that politics was very confrontational. In fact, leader of the confrontations was usually LKY. He and HArbans SIngh and Jeyaratnam exchanged many fiery words, not all of which can be repeated in polite company. IN any case, questioning and criticising the ruling govt is not confrontation. In a demcracy, its suppose to happen.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I don't know what it is with the WP.

DId they strike a backroom deal with the PAP? ie You behave in Parliament, don't ask any tough questions. In return, the PAP let them earn their $5-6 million in peace. Is that how it went?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know what it is with the WP.

DId they strike a backroom deal with the PAP? ie You behave in Parliament, don't ask any tough questions. In return, the PAP let them earn their $5-6 million in peace. Is that how it went?

I am sure it is the other way round. Don't pick on us and we will keep quiet for the other 4 years. Notice they were a lot more active when elected, and NCMPs like Gerald Giam were a lot more active firing salvos at the PAP. Then radio silence after the Hougang bi-election.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure it is the other way round. Don't pick on us and we will keep quiet for the other 4 years. Notice they were a lot more active when elected, and NCMPs like Gerald Giam were a lot more active firing salvos at the PAP. Then radio silence after the Hougang bi-election.

It's not radio silence. It's graveyard silence.
Electorates should be smarter to get rid of Team B in Aljunied and hougang. Why choose a lesser team when Team A is there? These foolish residents will live to repent for the next 4 years.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not radio silence. It's graveyard silence.
Electorates should be smarter to get rid of Team B in Aljunied and hougang. Why choose a lesser team when Team A is there? These foolish residents will live to repent for the next 4 years.

Just 4 years, no worries. By then we will have a returning Lui Tuck Yew and Yeo Guat Kwang leading a team of veterans to wrestle Aljunied from the corrupt hands of Low and Sylvia. No Low, no Sylvia, Workers' Party and Hougang will fall in another election. Then the PAP would have truly unified the country under one banner. I hope Loong will still be PM to witness this historical moment!

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
He already asked you to go and look at the book.

Many people cannot tell the difference between non-fiction, history and factual evidence.

This is the one of the key reason why WP suffered in this election because when presented with facts and numbers, they make numerous attempts to windhooked people (to the extent of even trying to paint Punggol East accounts in a negative light so as to further confuse the masses but unfortunately for them, the middle ground more more discerning than they wish), in particular Aljunied voters and as long as they give themselves further excuses and refuse to acknowledge this point, WP will continue to ruin themselves and other alternative parties - big shame.

Anyway, WP is given another 5 years to prove itself and if WP opt to continue giving excuses for their bad performance and do not start performing at the policy level then Singaporeans should kick WP out of the parliament and give other more credible parties the opportunity.

Singapore CANNOT afford to have weak alternative voices from alternative parties in the parliament.