• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beyond the Smokescreen: NEA-Hawkers-WP AHPeTC Saga

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
To prove their case, NEA released two documents which they claim proves their case. These are:

1) A quotation by ATL
2) An appeal letter to WP MP MD Faisal
3) An unsigned petition to the press

It is hard to understand how these 3 documents can be described as "evidence" that proves anything.

For the quotation, anyone can ask ATL for a quote. The fact that ATL provided a quote does not prove anything.

The appeal letter looks like your standard appeal letter residents ask their MPs to write at the MPS. There is nothing in the appeal letter which mentions any of the points NEA is raising. In fact the writer appears to acknowledge that the TC is following NEA requirements.

Finally, why is the petition to the press written on a scrap of paper which is unsigned? I was expecting to see signatures of all the hawkers. Yet we don't have a single signature. This seems very odd for a petition with widespread support.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To prove their case, NEA released two documents which they claim proves their case. These are:

1) A quotation by ATL
2) An appeal letter to WP MP MD Faisal
3) An unsigned petition to the press

It is hard to understand how these 3 documents can be described as "evidence" that proves anything.

For the quotation, anyone can ask ATL for a quote. The fact that ATL provided a quote does not prove anything.

The appeal letter looks like your standard appeal letter residents ask their MPs to write at the MPS. There is nothing in the appeal letter which mentions any of the points NEA is raising. In fact the writer appears to acknowledge that the TC is following NEA requirements.

Finally, why is the petition to the press written on a scrap of paper which is unsigned? I was expecting to see signatures of all the hawkers. Yet we don't have a single signature. This seems very odd for a petition with widespread support.

got more shit keeping harping on ATL is cheating the hawkers because ATL give the hawkers a quotation. i no lawyer lah, but can ATL sue got more shit libel?

his degree from where huh? somemore econ gradute rite? dont know what the different between a quotation and an invoice. no wonder a failed bizman.:rolleyes:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It doesn't really matter, really. You still cannot see the light... at least WP is careful to start to distance itself from ATL.

ATL knew its contractual obligation to clean everything. It should not be quoting nor asking for extra charges to the hawkers under any circumstances. That is an dishonest act and that is exactly what pissed the hawkers off. This is the ROOT of the problem.

Goh Meng Seng

Clearly someone played out WP.

But that is dihydrogen oxide under the bridge now because NEA is playing even dirtier by obfuscation of the issue including deliberately mixing up blk 511 vs 538.

Up to now no clarifications over the misleading email.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

But that is dihydrogen oxide under the bridge now because NEA is playing even dirtier by obfuscation of the issue including deliberately mixing up blk 511 vs 538.

WP may have some responsibility but def not the kind GMS Shit is spewing.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
NEA did give an explanation to the email. You might have missed it. It said the so call scaffolding refers to the cover of the stalls, not the high ceiling scaffolding. A bit lame haha... but according to the email, that NEA officer just came back from course, most probably blur blur as well.

Well, even for this case, it is a blur blur or act blur from both sides, there is still a puzzle that AHPeTC's employee Mr Tai, property manager, went around in another hawker centre to tell hawkers that the contractor will not clean anything above 2.5m. AHPeTC did not come clear of that.

Yes, someone within WP AHPeTC have sabotaged itself...it may be something more than that.

Whatever it is WP AHPeTC has to apologize for the failure of delivery of service, find out who are the culprits, take actions to remedy and case closed. Further dragging the issue will do more harm to WP.

Goh Meng Seng

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP may have some responsibility but def not the kind GMS Shit is spewing.

That's why I said that his worldview is only held by himself.

If a teacher fails a student by error and the student gets a reprimand from his mother before everyone discovers the error, in his virtual reality world the teacher is the only party not at fault.

When people tell him that his story is virtual, he will rebut these people by repeating the story instead of rebutting the objections or explaining how he got into his story. That is why the thread became 20 pages, all repetitive.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEA did give an explanation to the email. You might have missed it. It said the so call scaffolding refers to the cover of the stalls, not the high ceiling scaffolding. A bit lame haha... but according to the email, that NEA officer just came back from course, most probably blur blur as well.

Well, even for this case, it is a blur blur or act blur from both sides, there is still a puzzle that AHPeTC's employee Mr Tai, property manager, went around in another hawker centre to tell hawkers that the contractor will not clean anything above 2.5m. AHPeTC did not come clear of that.

Yes, someone within WP AHPeTC have sabotaged itself...it may be something more than that.

Whatever it is WP AHPeTC has to apologize for the failure of delivery of service, find out who are the culprits, take actions to remedy and case closed. Further dragging the issue will do more harm to WP.

Goh Meng Seng

If you are so bent on destroying WP, please challenge them in Hougang. That is democracy--people's choice. Not you spewing hatred all the time

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I said that his worldview is only held by himself.

If a teacher fails a student by error and the student gets a reprimand from his mother before everyone discovers the error, in his virtual reality world the teacher is the only party not at fault.

When people tell him that his story is virtual, he will rebut these people by repeating the story instead of rebutting the objections or explaining how he got into his story. That is why the thread became 20 pages, all repetitive.

Problem is people still read his view

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do not criticize GMS, merely because he speak against WP.

You may disagree with GMS, but perhaps I could draw your attention to Leong Sze Hian. Mr Leong critique AIMs saga, and analyse the flaw. Do you notice he remained silent throughout the AHPETC vs. NEA saga? Isn’t Mr Leong’s silence curious?
Mr Leong is certainly qualify to defend WP in such accounting and financial matter, yet he remained silence and choose not to defend WP.

We all like to give support to WP, but bear in mind, WP may not be 100% saint. WP may make error too, if we let our blind fondness blind our eye, it can be dangerous…… Our parents were blindly supporting PAP, and you know the consequence. Take a leave from Taiwan, the people supported Chen Sui Bian, almost idolsing him, and the outcome is well known.
Remeber when Yaw SL sage first come out, every protect Yaw,merely because he is a WP MP, and the outcome is well known too.
The least we need, post-PAP, is daft Singaporeans blindly supporting yet another party again.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

You may disagree with GMS, but perhaps I could draw your attention to Leong Sze Hian. Mr Leong critique AIMs saga, and analyse the flaw. Do you notice he remained silent throughout the AHPETC vs. NEA saga? Isn’t Mr Leong’s silence curious?
Mr Leong is certainly qualify to defend WP in such accounting and financial matter, yet he remained silence and choose not to defend WP.

We all like to give support to WP, but bear in mind, WP may not be 100% saint. WP may make error too, if we let our blind fondness blind our eye, it can be dangerous…… Our parents were blindly supporting PAP, and you know the consequence. Take a leave from Taiwan, the people supported Chen Sui Bian, almost idolsing him, and the outcome is well known.
Remeber when Yaw SL sage first come out, every protect Yaw,merely because he is a WP MP, and the outcome is well known too.
The least we need, post-PAP, is daft Singaporeans blindly supporting yet another party again.

Do not blindly follow this idiot GMS either. Look how he spoilt GE 2011.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't think most WP supporters will give 100% support to WP in the same way GMS is giving 101% venom to WP.

You are also wrong on your facts about Leong. He wasn't silent.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A bit (?) lame haha... but (?) according to the email, that NEA officer just came back from course (?), most probably blur blur as well.

You're solid. This kind of defence you can also put up for NEA just because the other side is WP. Otherwise, you would have smashed NEA into bits with this flaw and link this blur-blur attitude to the dengue deaths.

Same for WP if WP or AHTC staff had shown even a bit of blur blur.

Last edited:

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think most WP supporters will give 100% support to WP in the same way GMS is giving 101% venom to WP.

You are also wrong on your facts about Leong. He wasn't silent.

Care to share Leong's article regarding AHPETC in the bedok Hawker saga, I don't recall reading it. Yes, AIM, but not Hawker Center cleaning.

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
With due respect to Mr Leong, his comment dated 3rd June was in response to 30th May press release.

As the matter unravel with both side publishing new exchange, Mr Leong remained silent, very unusual for him to do in view of his frequent comment in other issues. For AIM saga, Mr Leong posted 15 articles over 4 days between 26 may to 30 may. Yet he published only 1 article (and not even full rebuttal as his usual writing style) over the hawker centre saga.

Please bear in mind, I am not jumping the logic that, his silence implied WP's shortcoming. I am merely saying , Mr Leong's silence , perhaps set a good example.

In my mind, I just could not conclude that, workers party in this hawker centre issue is exemplary in conduct. No doubt, NEA behavior leaves much to be desired, yet WP is not free from fault either.

Last edited:

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not blindly follow this idiot GMS either. Look how he spoilt GE 2011.
To be fair for GMS, he did not spoilt GE2011 just because he failed to get rid of MBT or take down Tampanies GRC.... Going by this yardstick, what do you judge CST or even other WP's areas?

It is GMS's prerogative to plan his election strategy, yes he plans poorly, but I don't think he had SPOILING the GE in mind. Be fair in your comment.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With due respect to Mr Leong, his comment dated 3rd June was in response to 30th May press release.

As the matter unravel with both side publishing new exchange, Mr Leong remained silent, very unusual for him to do in view of his frequent comment in other issues. For AIM saga, Mr Leong posted 15 articles over 4 days between 26 may to 30 may. Yet he published only 1 article (and not even full rebuttal as his usual writing style) over the hawker centre saga. Please bear in mind, I am not jumping the logic that, his silence implied WP's shortcoming. I am merely saying , Mr Leong's silence , perhaps set a good example.

Mr. Leong must be very proud that he is used as a gauge for the righteousness of the Opposition. It is such shallow thinking that enables the PAP to win.

In my mind, I just could not conclude that, workers party in this hawker centre issue is exemplary in conduct. No doubt, NEA behavior leaves much to be desired, yet WP is not free from fault either.

Juxtapose the statements made by WP and NEA. If you can't see who is the aggrieved party, god help you.

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr. Leong must be very proud that he is used as a gauge for the righteousness of the Opposition. It is such shallow thinking that enables the PAP to win.
You mean I should take your highness Winnipegjets as the golden standard of righteousness? You flatter yourself.

Juxtapose the statements made by WP and NEA. If you can't see who is the aggrieved party, god help you.
well, you don't need god's help.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair for GMS, he did not spoilt GE2011 just because he failed to get rid of MBT or take down Tampanies GRC.... Going by this yardstick, what do you judge CST or even other WP's areas?

It is GMS's prerogative to plan his election strategy, yes he plans poorly, but I don't think he had SPOILING the GE in mind. Be fair in your comment.

GMS changed party and destroyed politics.

What givens him the right to voice out against WP? He hates WP beacuse he has an axe to grin with them