• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware of Streetdeal SCAM

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a travel package with Streetdeal sometimes in October 2012.

Sway Sway, the vendor providing the travel package (Travelmoove) went bankrupt.

I complained to CASE, but CASE couldn’t do anything and advised me to sue Streetdeal at Small Claims Tribunal.

Forget about CASE.. I have labelled them as lame dogs for many many years.

On this incident, it wud be helpful if u can furnish us with details of owners, directors and even pictures of them so that we can recognise and avoid these scams in future..

SibeiKuaiLan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
207694017bfc9bbfdbef033e489b047b6b48a0a6.jpg

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a travel package with Streetdeal sometimes in October 2012.

Sway Sway, the vendor providing the travel package (Travelmoove) went bankrupt.

I complained to CASE, but CASE couldn’t do anything and advised me to sue Streetdeal at Small Claims Tribunal.

I was sure I could take back some money if not 100% at the Small Claims Tribunal.

But this dishonest Streetdeal has a very unfair and dirty clause in their terms and conditions. Because of this clause, Small Claims Tribunal threw out my case.

In Clause 17 of the T&C, it states that for any dispute with Streetdeal, we must settle our dispute at Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC).

It sound fair and gentlemen at first, but after checking the website of SIAC, I realized the lowest fee of arbitration at SIAC is about $6500, and I have to pay upfront $8750 first. And no class action allow in that clause! So if anyone buys a $20 meal voucher or a $200 beauty package or anything from Streetdeal, and is not happy with the purchase, that person will have to pay $8750 to settle the dispute at SIAC.

Who in their right mind will do that? In all practical sense, Streetdeal will always weasel out of any dispute and consumers like me are SCxxxxx!

Shame on Streetdeal.sg.

Streetdeal clever. Customer like you stupid. A fact. Period.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I paid about $3k.

Even if I win the case, I may not get back all my money.

Just got to let go and learn an expensive lesson.

Check who are the directors and owners of the company. If it is ang mo, I think you can kiss your money goodbye like in the Profitable Plots case. Ang Mos come here because they realise Sinkies are easier to con than in their own countries. Nowadays, the biggest conmen are the ang mos. Ah Tiong's scams usually pales in comparison to the ang mo one. Land banks, time shares etc.. all involve sophisticated scams and lots of money.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Check who are the directors and owners of the company. If it is ang mo, I think you can kiss your money goodbye like in the Profitable Plots case. Ang Mos come here because they realise Sinkies are easier to con than in their own countries. Nowadays, the biggest conmen are the ang mos. Ah Tiong's scams usually pales in comparison to the ang mo one. Land banks, time shares etc.. all involve sophisticated scams and lots of money.

Yep. I manage to discover that the sole director of the company is a French guy residing at #06-01 Makeway View. Probably rented. That much I can help you. Go there and demand your refund from him.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you just signed up with CASE as a member and paid for the CASE membership so that they could advise you?

The last time, I have to sign up and pay membership fee to CASE before they talk to me about my case. After talking to them, I realised that I wasted more money and time with a whole bunch of idiots.

Never trust CASE thereafter.

U talking about case..???

Take a queue number...The President of Case is a very busy man.. Yeo Guat Kwang is also AMK MP and holds 64 job titles.

How on earth a blind PM LHL is not aware of his job portfolio...??