• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware of scams involving internet security

Anonymouse

Alfrescian
Loyal

Beware of scams involving internet security

Posted: 05 August 2012 2135 hrs

SINGAPORE: Police have warned the public not to fall prey to phone scams involving internet security.

They said there have been 32 reported cases since the start of this year.

A woman, who wants to remain anonymous, said she received a phone call on June 14 from someone claiming to be an employee of a well-known software company.

She was told that some Malaysians were trying to hack into her computer. And to protect it, she had to buy a security licence.

She handed over her credit card details and found out later that over S$1,300 was stolen from her account.

"I asked them to let me talk to my husband, but they said no, I had to make a decision that time, or else my computer would be blacklisted... I gave my credit card number and one-time password. Suddenly the screen went blank and some amount was charged to my account, and it was in euros," she said.

- CNA/cc