• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BEWARE!!! - Idea Thieves Openly Stealing Your Original Ideas

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This contribution is to WARN readers and contributors of these Forum page to beware as many sneaky thieves are out stealing lots of precious information in the form of new ideas, research, etc done by our contributors in this Forum.

The recent tragic case of the two brothers who perished in the accident is a good case in point.

The sad incident set the minds of many intelligent readers working and within hours they they brought forth plenty of ideas connected with road safety, monitoring of huge vehicles, future role of Traffic Police and even enactment of new laws. Some of them even stated that the MOE should step up road safety education in schools, etc...

Many MPs, including the Minister of Education and a whole lot of others have spoken about such ideas that are "eerily" similar to the ideas of Forum contributors. The ST, in turn classified that as the "original" ideas of the MPs and Ministers or "grassroots leaders" What a Shame!!!!.

The ST, either out of honest ignorance (may not be visiting such sites on the internet) or purely wilful omission, chose NEVER to ever mention the nicks of the "original ideas" owner. They did not even mention forums like Sammyboy where many an intelligent people reside. Readers are NOT FOOLS............

Instead the ST had the nerve to publish those ideas as the "ideas" of the many MPs, Ministers and others, who stole it from Sammyboy and other Forums for their own selfish purposes. Isn't this plagiarism of sorts.?

What are the avenues open for such information to be jealously guarded from such thieves?

Maybe the Sammyboy operator should open an "Ideas Bank" where all good ideas can be kept from future pilferers. MPs and Ministers, short of ideas can "purchase such ideas from the Forum owner for a fee to be decided by the operator. Remember LKY, "Nothing is free in Singapore".

Until such security can be granted, for a start, I URGE readers and contributors not to offer good ideas which could possibly be hijacked by MPs, Ministers and other people and put forward as their own.

All this goes to show that how shallow are the minds of ST writers, our highly-paid MPs and Ministers and all the others?

These people are so shallow in their minds

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Most of the ideas conjured up in this forum are so ridiculous nobody would pay a bloody cent for them.

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Brother Koh,

Wise men think alike…

Most of the ideas published here are neither original or ground-breaking.

A lot are just stating the obvious and it is only natural that others expounded on them as well.

:biggrin:, Cheers ...

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
People on this forum have provided very useful tips on traffic safety so as to prevent another horrific accident. The authorities should be free to use the ideas as it benefits all. This is about humanity. It is not about copyright.

6000kmApart

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he meant the unscrupulous state controlled media subscribed those good ideas found in forum to MPs and govt lackeys to make them look good.

But you must be naive to think that good ideas would not get nick by others, happen everywhere, not just forums....

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone's ideas are usually built on someone else's ideas. Very rarely we see a truly original, and this applies to pop music too.

So don't be like apple, suing everyone for copying their ideas, when apple has copied from others too to build a new product.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This thread makes me laugh. If you want recognition and perhaps money, you should state it together with your idea. If you don't, the idea is freeware, geddit?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the portable bidet, a.k.a. squirt gun, is a good idea. just load it with water and squirt away....at your arsehole after shitting. :rolleyes:

you see? i'm contributing to innovative product development. :biggrin:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People on this forum have provided very useful tips on traffic safety so as to prevent another horrific accident. The authorities should be free to use the ideas as it benefits all. This is about humanity. It is not about copyright.

I fully agree with you bro.

What I am saying is that the ST and those using such ideas do not even say where the ideas originated from.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This thread makes me laugh. If you want recognition and perhaps money, you should state it together with your idea. If you don't, the idea is freeware, geddit?

It is NOT the recognition or money that I want.

All I want is for those people trumpeting it as "their own ideas" to at least give credit to the people in the Forum. The ST does not do it all.

That's what make me sick to the core.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm still waiting for the MIWs to adopt my CBF, Child Bearing Fund idea. Lets see if they have the balls to put the spurs into hide so to speak.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just because you came up with this idea doesn't mean someone else can't come up with the same idea independently. Your idea isn't so unique and novel that no one else could have thought of it.

Ideas cannot be copyrighted, so you do not have exclusive use of your idea, and you do not have the right to demand attribution for use of your idea. Maybe you could try to file a patent for your idea, but good luck with that.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just because you came up with this idea doesn't mean someone else can't come up with the same idea independently. Your idea isn't so unique and novel that no one else could have thought of it.

Ideas cannot be copyrighted, so you do not have exclusive use of your idea, and you do not have the right to demand attribution for use of your idea. Maybe you could try to file a patent for your idea, but good luck with that.

Sir, I fully agree with your input.

However, what I meant was the complete lack of of response from the ST and the MPs making those claims.

The least they could say was many people in the Forum has stated such ideas. That's all.

Please don't get me wrong. I was just trying to get the thought to the ground.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the portable bidet, a.k.a. squirt gun, is a good idea. just load it with water and squirt away....at your arsehole after shitting. :rolleyes:

you see? i'm contributing to innovative product development. :biggrin:

Yo! Landlady wants you to pay rent. Still day dreaming in SBF! By the way, she wants her squirt gun back. Say you steal her invention and pass off as your own idea.