• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best sportman in Singapore

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Until today no local sportman cannot achieve better then him... Salute to our one and only Mr. Tan Hao Liang the olympic weight lifting medallist winner.

Last edited:

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Until today no local sportman cannot achieve better then him... Salute to our one and only Mr. Tan Hao Liang the olympic weight lifting medallist winner.

Tan Hao Liang was on steroids. The best sports person in Singapore is undoubtedly Tao Li.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
My favourite local sportsman is still Ang Peng Siong. Except knowing he used to stay at Bishan, I wonder how he is today.

Not far behind are the 92-94 squad of Lions - Fandi, Sundram, David Lee, Malek Awab et al ....

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best sportswoman in singapore TAO LI. All the way , all the best. win gold for singapore!

grunt72

Alfrescian
Loyal
My favourite local sportsman is still Ang Peng Siong. Except knowing he used to stay at Bishan, I wonder how he is today.

Not far behind are the 92-94 squad of Lions - Fandi, Sundram, David Lee, Malek Awab et al ....

Ang Peng Siong now has his own swim academy at the old Farrer Park Swimming Pool. Indeed a Singapore Sports Icon :smile:

Lentor

Alfrescian
Loyal
during my era, it would be Fandi.
sorry, PRCs are not allowed as they are not "made in singapore".

they are here just for the easy money and fame as they are the 2nd class sportsman/woman or so called 'rejects' in PRC national team.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope he's doing well. Some of my friends used to learn swimming from his dad.

Does APS have any kids?

z_z

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Tan Howe Liang migrated to Singapore with his family from Shantou, China. He only started weightlifting in Singapore though. Still see him coaching the next generation of weightlifters at the gym :smile:

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
that was because our governemnt and sport council did not treasure him, he was living near poverty selling char kway teow at Tanjong Rhu. In the late 90s, they started to bring in FT but yeild no good results that they remember our good old Tan How Liang and decided to offer him a job at the sport council.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe they should include bonking as a sport. then i am sure a lot of brothers here will surely be nominated for it. :smile:
a commentator was commenting on it too during one of the broadcast.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Best sinkiepoor sportsman ever...

staff01.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] DPM Lee (front row, second right) joining participants for a rigorous 20-minute workout.[/FONT]

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
i say it again here before 2012 olympic in London...Tan Howe Liang is the best !

The TT silver for "team event was created for the fisrt time in Olympic" by China for Sinkie to get a medal....Tan Howe Liang is the Best !

joker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
$750K for the three PRCs and $10K for Tan Howe Liang.
What a pathetic nation? :rolleyes:

I dun know how he feels when he was working as a cleaner for the National Stadium Gym.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tao Li is one midget sportswoman who is not going far !

Her frame and her effort allows everyone to gauge her !

And that's about all she can give ! There are limits !