• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Property for Investment in JB 2014/15

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello

I am out of Singapore and want to buy property here... can anyone guide me about some good locations which are attractive for tourists. Because I planned to rent out the property, in other words it will be a investment. Currently I have no information about Singapore market and prices. Please if anyone can guide. Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

Bro you have no idea what you're talking abt right. Good thing u asked before buying. You cannot buy HDB / Condo and rent to tourist. Its illegal to do short term rental even u fulfill criteria to rent out unit legally (normal rental terms). read abt the guys who lost HDB when they illegally rent and condo owners who got fined for doing short term rental AirBnB style

Highflyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello

I am out of Singapore and want to buy property here... can anyone guide me about some good locations which are attractive for tourists. Because I planned to rent out the property, in other words it will be a investment. Currently I have no information about Singapore market and prices. Please if anyone can guide. Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

You looking for landed property or condo ? For landed property, i think Eco Botanic, Eco Summer and Eco Spring seems hot now. As for high rise, base on the some threads here, the Sausana, Astaka, Princess Cove, Puteri Harbour are the popular one.

Malcolm

Hello

Any views?
custodian wealthbuilders reviews

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Below are new property launch in Taman Rinting by I&P. The price seems good.

Land Area
Type A : 24' x 75' - 1,800 sq. ft
Type B : 24' x 73' - 1,752 sq. ft. / 24' x 75' - 1,800 sq.ft

Min Build Up
Type A : 1,845 sq. ft. - 2,086 sq. ft.
Type B : 1,917 sq. ft. - 2,172 sq. ft.

Min Selling Price
Type A : RM516,000 - RM746,000
Type B : RM532,000 - RM862,000

Min Per Sq. Ft Price
Type A : Approximately RM280 - RM358
Type B : Approximately RM278 - RM397

Accessibility :
- 3km to Permas Jaya
- 7km to Pasir Gudang
- 10km to Tebrau Highway
- 15km to North-South Highway
- 16km to CIQ
- 18km to Senai-Desaru Highway

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
After vested in a landed property at BDO (P12), i feel like investing in a condo in iskandar. The purpose is for rental or own stay. I shortlisted a few that i interested, such as Nusa Duta D'rich (3 rooms) and Seri Austin Residence (2 rooms). Princess Cove is good but not within my budget. My budget is less than RM500k. Any other suggestion to me? Appreciate your advise.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The boom in Australia started in Sydney then went to Melbourne and now Brisbane.
There's plenty of new launches in Melbourne near Victoria Market or Albert Park. Buy to let to student is the trend.
A 600 sq ft unit is about AUD 300,000. But need to understand the Foreign Investment guidelines before you plunge.

In foreign markets like Australia, try to loan as much as you can. The tax on net rental income for non-residents starts at 32.5%, so its impt to have interest expense to offset against the rental income, while waiting for capital gains.

Oh I think Australia has a capital gains tax for non-residents that start from 32.5% too. And foreigners can only buy new build, not resale.......

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
After vested in a landed property at BDO (P12), i feel like investing in a condo in iskandar. The purpose is for rental or own stay. I shortlisted a few that i interested, such as Nusa Duta D'rich (3 rooms) and Seri Austin Residence (2 rooms). Princess Cove is good but not within my budget. My budget is less than RM500k. Any other suggestion to me? Appreciate your advise.

nusa duta good. can you get a 3 Rm unit for under 500k? i think bukit indah any of the sky series is better located though. seri austin residence not a good bet. over at tebrau landed is still the way to go. princess cove not good location - whole area very run down, environment is "complicated" around there. at almost 1000rm psf, its also too ex. also oversupply issue from chinese developers.

Last edited:

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for your info malpaso. I heard from my agent, some owners in D'Rich willing to let go 3 rooms unit at around RM470K. I wonder how much they bought it last time when it is launched. As for Princess Cove, i think the location is good just that i am running low in bullets now. Furthermore, i prefer not to consider residential mix with commercial units.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your info malpaso. I heard from my agent, some owners in D'Rich willing to let go 3 rooms unit at around RM470K. I wonder how much they bought it last time when it is launched. As for Princess Cove, i think the location is good just that i am running low in bullets now. Furthermore, i prefer not to consider residential mix with commercial units.

Why not resi + comm? Its a proven formula everywhere.