• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Belated New year's price increase - beware

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Traditionally, most hawkers close for Chinese New Year from eve to day 2. And those few that stays open will charge "extra" during these 3 days.

Today, had my dinner at this Tze Char stall near my pace, ordered a plate of Hor Fun and was told the price had increased by $0.50 for yesterday and today. And it is because, I notice they closed for day 1 and 2 and therefore postpone the price increased to day 3 and 4, when they are open for business. WTF.

Walau! Like dat also can?

Hawker price increase for Chinese New Year has taken a new meaning. And it is not because they sacrifice their New Year for you! :mad:

prinzy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, precisely. Hawkers take this opportunity to incease their prices and after the festive season is over, the prices do not come down. Imagine at my regular stall, a bowl of bee hoon soup suddenly becomes $ 3.00 instead of $ 2.50. I thought that the price increase was temporary but this morning, I was told that the increase was permanent. There was no increase of ingredients. That's more than 20% sudden increase. I will definitely boycott this stall. Lets all do it like in Japan where the consumers bring down the chains of beef rice forcing them to lower their prices. It seems that the consumers there have succeeded to bring down the prices to be even cheaper than what we pay for the same bowl of beef rice in the same chains in Singapore. LETS BOYCOTT ...... GONG XI FATT CAI TO ALL

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traditionally, most hawkers close for Chinese New Year from eve to day 2. And those few that stays open will charge "extra" during these 3 days.

Today, had my dinner at this Tze Char stall near my pace, ordered a plate of Hor Fun and was told the price had increased by $0.50 for yesterday and today. And it is because, I notice they closed for day 1 and 2 and therefore postpone the price increased to day 3 and 4, when they are open for business. WTF.

Hawker price increase for Chinese New Year has taken a new meaning. And it is not because they sacrifice their New Year for you! :mad:
I agree with you,but it is really a belated increase.

Consider the increases all round,these fellas also must make a living,but if I were them,I would rather wait til after the erections after PM LHL got his officeal stamp for prices incresas all round,accepted by the citizens of Singapiore,he would claim!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... therefore postpone the price increased to day 3 and 4, when they are open for business. WTF.

u shud consider urself lucky dat dey din force u 2 have 2 xtra mandarin oranges n charge u a $ xtra 4 dat! ... :eek:

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its usual, they can potong, sure potong. Even a packet of old skool nasi lemak will cost u 20 cents more.