• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Being Tracked

jw5

Loyal
One of the bros here was concerned that the new ez link card would allow our movements to be tracked. I think his fears are unfounded, since the old ez link card which was purchased without any identification, can now be exchanged for a new card without any identification.

However, what it does allow is that if you are indeed detained by some authority, they may be able to track your movements on public transport using your ez link card. But it does not allow someone to track you without any basis.

It's well know that criminals who use their credit cards or atm cards or e-mail accounts or real passports, inevitably end up being tracked and caught. So does it mean that it will be very difficult to track our movements if we only use cash and avoid using any of the above items that can identify us?

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever wondered why Osama Bin Laden cannot be located?
Modern technology still no match for traditional silk road technology :smile:

Stay away from anything electronic and you can hide forever :p

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Ezlink card does track one's movement, as in what bus one takes and which stops he/she alights. Cos I know if you put the card on those top-up machine, it has this option of check journey or something. Where it show the cost of all your journey and also the distance traveled or something.
Cos I had seen people doing that while they topped up their Ezlink cards and thus creating a queue at times.
So basically the card does record the owner's movement. Though at this point, the owner of each card may not be traceable...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the bros here was concerned that the new ez link card would allow our movements to be tracked. I think his fears are unfounded, since the old ez link card which was purchased without any identification, can now be exchanged for a new card without any identification.
The last of your worries is esylink card. Moment you turn on the phone, it immediately becomes a transponder and points to your location to within 6 mts.

The isrealis have successfully sent over missles to its enemies via the beacon we call a mobile phone. There are also applications where such information can be fed and a link diagram emerges.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need to be worry only if you have the intention to break the law. I never worry if my movement or any credit card being track by the authority. In fact we should be glad that our society is tech savvy enough to track criminal activities.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
being track.... no big deal, anyway small fry, not member of opposition party, govt can't be bothered,,,,,,,

sadly to say, the Geylang no accept EZ Link Card payment,,,,,,

if cannot kio kway, shut down Geylang la,,,,,,

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cat150 legal houses accept credit card :biggrin: ....... for cashcards/EZ linkcards the runner will withdraw on your behalf too........ just inform and handover to them before you proceed with your bonk so they can do the running while you enjoy :p ...... everything will be kau tim when you finish your bonk :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys are just being paronoid !!!!

You can always lead them on a wild goose chase if you feel up tp it.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the bros here was concerned that the new ez link card would allow our movements to be tracked. ...

However, what it does allow is that if you are indeed detained by some authority, they may be able to track your movements on public transport using your ez link card. ...
if u scared dat dey may b able 2 track u ... u confuse dem 1st la ... eg. take mrt using ez-link ... den take cab ... :wink: :eek:

... But it does not allow someone to track you without any basis. ...
if ze info is kept, it can oways be accessed n revealed ... nothing is confidential ... ze question is oni by who ... n it may nt b by sum1 u expect .... recall cdc bonus case ...

jw5

Loyal
The Ezlink card does track one's movement, as in what bus one takes and which stops he/she alights. Cos I know if you put the card on those top-up machine, it has this option of check journey or something. Where it show the cost of all your journey and also the distance traveled or something.
Cos I had seen people doing that while they topped up their Ezlink cards and thus creating a queue at times.
So basically the card does record the owner's movement. Though at this point, the owner of each card may not be traceable...
That's exactly what I meant.
If you are detained for some reason, like the foreign worker who was held on suspicion of murdering his lover, the ez link card can reveal what trips you have made.
But if you have not been detained, they will not be able to track you as if you had used your credit card.

jw5

Loyal
The last of your worries is esylink card. Moment you turn on the phone, it immediately becomes a transponder and points to your location to within 6 mts.

The isrealis have successfully sent over missles to its enemies via the beacon we call a mobile phone. There are also applications where such information can be fed and a link diagram emerges.
Oh, of course mobile phone and the number is another way if getting tracked.
Does it help if we use a prepaid number? (even though it is now also registered of course)

jw5

Loyal
You need to be worry only if you have the intention to break the law. I never worry if my movement or any credit card being track by the authority. In fact we should be glad that our society is tech savvy enough to track criminal activities.
Of course bro.
This worry is only for people who have done something wrong. :smile:

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why they track you via ez link cards? They can do so with HPs. I remember reading in papers about 2 foreign protestors during IMF meeting in singapore. They were traced by authorities by HP, and deported.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
watch the movie "eagle eyes"
you can be tracked
but, if you have not done anything wrong,
then, what is there to worry??
even as you type this report,
they can track yr IP address

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are absolutely right ... so long as we have a truly democratic government which either respects its citizens' privacy or is forced to do so by opposition checks.

It is absolutely crucial therefore that we bring at least 30 opposition members into parliament to serve as an effective check.

singaforever

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my friend in LTA got warning letter because they detected his position during office hour, i.e. not where he is suppose to be. So what do you think?

jw5

Loyal
You are absolutely right ... so long as we have a truly democratic government which either respects its citizens' privacy or is forced to do so by opposition checks.

It is absolutely crucial therefore that we bring at least 30 opposition members into parliament to serve as an effective check.
Oh yes, absolutely agree with your last sentence.
I would say exactly the same thing if the pap were the opposition party.

simonsays

Alfrescian
Loyal
being track.... no big deal, anyway small fry, not member of opposition party, govt can't be bothered,,,,,,,

Any maximum amt ya can store in the ez link card? Enough to use it to pay for ur chicken anot~? :biggrin: