• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Bedok Reservoir Town still has the old rustic charm kampong like feel and i hope it stays that way for years to come.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
In late 1981 as a young teenage construction worker, I was on a 2yr contract with HDB and was posted to Seng Choon Construction Company to build five blocks of maisonette flats in Bedok Reservoir Rd. They block 716. to 721. I remembered when we started this project, constructing the foundation of the building it was the rainy season, and always get wet and muddy with pools of muddy water all over. those days most workers were the jiuhukias and thais and only a few locals like myself..these pics of the construction site in bedok are exactly what it was like during my time and so if any samsters staying in one of these blocks, please thank me and my team for a job well done.

bedok reservoir0.jpg

IMG-20221205-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20221205-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20221205-WA0017.jpg

The completion of the whole project with the PIE in the in front.

IMG-20230208-WA0000.jpg

Screenshot_20221104-095045_Editor Lite.jpg

My sister stays near jln Damai and has a room for me where I stay for a few months and has brought back fond memories of what it was like back. The old rustic charm feel, friendly residents,cheap and delicious food at hawker centre, 24hrs sheng siong/ntuc and shelter walkway to the downtown line MRT station.
Credit must go to the WP for keeping it that way making sure there is no new development of new shopping malls and that's where the problem of increase in prices of food and others comes when the big guns start setting up shops in that area, so residents of Bedok reservoir, please continue to vote for WP to ensure the peaceful and harmonious living with no crime in sight..
2012-12-26_zps622e388e.jpg

and no suicide seekers anymore which Bedok Reservoir was once famous for being the no 1 hotspot for suicide seekers when the PAP was in charge..
IMG-20220902-.jpg

and don't sell your flat you will regret it for the rest of your life because to me Bedok Reservoir Town is the most underrated town in Spore.

IMG-20221031-WA0001.jpg

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha but if you are lucky you can see my pretty niece in her figure hugging sports bra attired doing her exercises at the park in the morning.
Which part of the park will she be at normally? I will be there to bio her. Just let her know I'll be there. It's easy to spot me as I will be holding a box of Kleenex.... :biggrin:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we still find that rustic charm in Ubin now? I haven't been there for almost 4 decades.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can a place has a kampong charm without the kampong? Just like you cannot have a Hokkien mee if it is not fried by a Hokkien.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
In late 1981 as a young teenage construction worker, I was on a 2yr contract with HDB and was posted to Seng Choon Construction Company to build five blocks of maisonette flats in Bedok Reservoir Rd. They block 716. to 721. I remembered when we started this project, constructing the foundation of the building it was the rainy season, and always get wet and muddy with pools of muddy water all over. those days most workers were the jiuhukias and thais and only a few locals like myself..these pics of the construction site in bedok are exactly what it was like during my time and so if any samsters staying in one of these blocks, please thank me and my team for a job well done.

View attachment 180389
View attachment 180390
View attachment 180391
View attachment 180392

The completion of the whole project with the PIE in the in front.

View attachment 180393
View attachment 180395

My sister stays near jln Damai and has a room for me where I stay for a few months and has brought back fond memories of what it was like back. The old rustic charm feel, friendly residents,cheap and delicious food at hawker centre, 24hrs sheng siong/ntuc and shelter walkway to the downtown line MRT station.
Credit must go to the WP for keeping it that way making sure there is no new development of new shopping malls and that's where the problem of increase in prices of food and others comes when the big guns start setting up shops in that area, so residents of Bedok reservoir, please continue to vote for WP to ensure the peaceful and harmonious living with no crime in sight..
View attachment 180397
and no suicide seekers anymore which Bedok Reservoir was once famous for being the no 1 hotspot for suicide seekers when the PAP was in charge..
View attachment 180399
and don't sell your flat you will regret it for the rest of your life because to me Bedok Reservoir Town is the most underrated town in Spore.

View attachment 180401
What rubbish. Rustic charm was when there was kampong around there. Not concrete. Now it's just ugly.