• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BBC News story: Ya Kun Coffee International

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Branding, marketing, and prime locations.

I just don't see the value of patronizing Breadtalk's businesses.

Agree. For some, the need to be seen at these places. Supposedly 'higher class.' I have yet to patronise these joints. Too expensive and inconvenient. Need to walk away to smoke.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I don't get it. Ya Kun's toasts are so damn thin with so much butter and kaya. Nice meh?

Food is always about balance, but looking at the crowd at Ya Kun and Toast Box, I think most people don't understand this...

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't get it. Ya Kun's toasts are so damn thin with so much butter and kaya. Nice meh?

Food is always about balance, but looking at the crowd at Ya Kun and Toast Box, I think most people don't understand this...

complain to management.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old Chang Kee was also quite awesome before they started commercializing and franchising the shit out of it.

Everything in Singapore now is a hollow mockery - like a vampire, humanoid in form but parasitic and utterly devoid of life and warmth.

before franchise, i never bother to eat old chang kee in little ah neh loh. why would i wanna to travel so far to smelly ah neh terrority to eat "original" food? u brain damage or wat??

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
before franchise, i never bother to eat old chang kee in little ah neh loh. why would i wanna to travel so far to smelly ah neh terrority to eat "original" food? u brain damage or wat??

Little India, just like other more 'authentic cultural places' e.g. Geylang, Chinatown, Joo Chiat, old Satay Club etc all have a wide variety of good food.

I bet you've never eaten authentic Ah Neh food. Your loss. :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only coffee shop that I miss was the one in The "Arcade" at Raffles place. Back in those days Isaac was located at the Arcade & I would sometimes visit this coffee shop after visiting Isaac. Actually I miss the chendol & ham egg sandwhich that they had . Don't know how they made the ham & egg but it was really nice, served with white bread.

Unfortunately it was in the past & I doubt they are still around :(