• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BBC: Coke, Pepsi used as a Pesticide in Eastern India Farming

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
425430_319014314873913_1869419532_n.jpg

CoLa Beverages Used as a Pesticide in Eastern India Farming!

For farmers in the eastern Indian state of Chhattisgarh it is cheaper than pesticides and gets the job done just as well. The product? Pepsi or Coca-Cola.

Agricultural scientists give them some backing - they say the high sugar content of the drinks can make them effective in combating pests.

Farmers in the Durg, Rajnandgaon and Dhamtari districts of Chhattisgarh say they have successfully used Pepsi and Coke to protect their rice plantations against pests.

"All that is happening is that plants get a direct supply of carbohydrates and sugar which in turn boosts the plants' immunity"
~ Sanket Thakur,
agricultural scientist

It is a trend that has been seen in other parts of India, with farmers also using Indian brands of colas.

The practice of using soft drinks in lieu of pesticides, which are 10 times more expensive, is gaining so much popularity that sales of the drinks have increased drastically in remote villages.

Both Coca-Cola and Pepsi have a pH below 3 and a positive ORP running around +250mV, making these so-called beverages a strong acid and toxic to humans, animals and insects.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One type of drink the Ah Nehs would never use as a pesticide is their trusted bottle of Toddy..

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i actually use coke to clean the toilet. no need to use bleach. just pour a bottle of coke into the toilet bowl and let it soak for a while. then flush it away. don't even need to scrub, better than using bleach.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i actually use coke to clean the toilet. no need to use bleach. just pour a bottle of coke into the toilet bowl and let it soak for a while. then flush it away. don't even need to scrub, better than using bleach.
You siao ahh? pour 1 can cost how much? 1 cap of bleach how much? :eek:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not me, he's gay, I will intro him to Krafty, lol

Whahaha .. Knn . Ask u want my sperm u say I'm gay , I never ask u to kum my lanjiao .. Later u come Japan then u know what is gay :wink: limpeh bring u to gay club :wink:

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another untrue thread by our resident retard forumer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumor: Soft drinks can be used by farmers as pesticides for their crops
Fact
Soft drinks do not act in a similar way to pesticides when applied to the ground or crops. There is no scientific basis for this and the use of soft drinks for this purpose would be totally ineffective. Our products are world class and safe. The treated water used to make our beverages meets the highest international standards.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The smell of bleach is the smell of germ free. Pouring coke may look as if your toilet is clean but what about the pipes.. Some molds might thrive on the sugars.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another urban myth.

If high sugar content can combat pest, then why not use sugar water instead of coke? Are the farmers that dumb?

Cola spilled on table attracts ants and other insects. Don't believe? Try it.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Butcher in the market taught me how to clean pig stomach - soak in coke for a while and everything will be cleaned out.
It works!

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Using COKE to clean toilet is the surest way to attract ants and other creepy crawlers.

The next time you seat on the toilet seat, check for ants first.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Using COKE to clean toilet is the surest way to attract ants and other creepy crawlers.

The next time you seat on the toilet seat, check for ants first.

The coke use to wash the inside of the toilet bowl lah ... :wink: not the exterior of the bowl .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The smell of bleach is the smell of germ free. Pouring coke may look as if your toilet is clean but what about the pipes.. Some molds might thrive on the sugars.

Bro , just pour the coke inside the toilet bowl and leave it for an hour then brush the bowl and flush it a few times until the water become clear ..