• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bathtub photo of model gets Taiwan in a lather

SuckMyKiss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bathtub photo of model gets Taiwan in a lather

Staff Reporter
2015-02-03

Wanyen-114533_copy1.jpg

The selfie of Wan Yen that has gone viral online. (Internet photo)

A photo showing a half-nude Taiwanese model has gone viral online and sparked heated debate whether the picture she posted of herself is appropriate, reports our Chinese language sister paper Want Daily.

Wan Yen, a 22-year-old emerging model in Taiwan, uploaded a photo to her Facebook fan page of her taking a bath, with only traces of foam to cover her modesty.

"A milk bubble bath softens my skin but it has a strong smell of milk," the part-time model commented alongside the photo.

The image immediately drew an online crowd. One female internet user who apparently found the photo offensive responded, "Looks pretty raunchy." Some accused Wan Yen of objectifying women, asking whether her parents knew about the photo.

Some, including a number of female users, have shown support, saying that she was just doing her job.

In response, Wan Yen asked internet users to leave her parents out of it and claimed she came from a rather conservative family. She said her physical features are the only one thing she has to gain publicity, and it is only in Taiwan that such photos would draw public criticism. "This (nudity) is a style of mine," was her reply to the criticism.

"Those who dislike my photos can choose not to view them. I'm sorry, but I depend on my fan page for a living," she said.

Wan has certainly gained much more media exposure following the controversy and has been all over the local news. The number of fans on her Facebook fanpage, which shows shots of her in varying degrees of undress, has reached over 116,000.

A similar case is that of Hsiao Wai, who became a media darling overnight with a self-made short video titled Nude Kitchen, in which she cooked in the nude.