• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bankrupted Beggar GB Empire's Champion Gold Snow Boarder sucide on 18th Birthday because Lack of Training $$$FUNDS$$

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://heavy.com/sports/2018/07/ellie-soutter-dead/

Heavy

Ellie Soutter Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Facebook Twitter E-mail

Search

Heavy.com Sports Ellie Soutter Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Facebook Twitter E-mail

• Published Jul 26, 2018 at 2:03pm
  • Updated Jul 27, 2018 at 5:03pm

ellie-soutter.jpg

Go Fund Me
Ellie Soutter, one of the most exciting snowboarding prospects in the world, has died at the age of just 18. The tragic news was announced in a statement by British Ski and Snowboard. The statement did not elaborate on a cause of death but described the passing as “sudden” and includes information about the United Kingdom’s suicide prevention hotline. ITV’s Mark Williams-Thomas reports that Soutter took her own life and was found in a remote wooded area near her home in France. Soutter died on her 18th birthday, July 25th.
The press release highlighted some of Soutter’s achievements including winning a bronze medal at the 2017 European Youth Olympic Winter Festival in Turkey. Her medal was the only medal achieved by Team Great Britain that year. The press release ends with, “The thoughts and condolences of the British Ski & Snowboard community are with Ellie’s family, friends and teammates.”
Her uncle told the Daily Mail that Soutter showed “no signs” at all that she would take her own life. Prior to her death, Soutter was scheduled to have a joined birthday party with her father. The Mail says that Soutter’s ashes will be spread across one of her favorite mountains in Les Gerts.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Soutter’s Dad, Tony Soutter, Called the World ‘Cruel’ for Taking His Daughter Away in a Heartbreaking Facebook Post
ellie-1.jpg

Facebook/Tony SoutterEllie Soutter pictured with her father, Tony, in February 2015.
Her father, Tony Soutter, wrote a heartbreaking tribute to his daughter on Facebook saying, “This cruel world took my Soul mate and “Bessie” from me yesterday on her 18th birthday. I was so proud of the beautiful young woman she had turned into. Ellie I will miss you more than you could have ever imagined. Rest in peace you little Champion!” Tony Soutter’s last Facebook post before Ellie’s tragic passing saw him pay tribute to another of his daughter’s incredible achievements in snowboarding in which he wrote that he was a “proud dad again.” According to the Daily Mail, Tony Soutter last saw his daughter on the morning of July 25 when he went to say goodbye before he went to work but she was fast asleep. He texted her but there was no reply, when he returned home for lunch and his daughter was not home, Tony Soutter sounded the alarm. Sniffer dogs found Ellie Soutter’s body in a wooded area after 11 p.m. on her birthday. There was no note.
Soutter’s last social media activity came on June 28 when she posted the above photo to her Instagram page. The friend pictured in that photo, Jess, paid tribute to her friend on Instagram writing, “I have no words, I still can’t believe it. We are gonna miss you so much. You will be always in my hearts and I hope you will keep an eye on us. #rideforellie.”

During the 2017/18 season, Soutter competed as part of the Freeride Junior Tour and had been selected as a member of the British team for the Junior World Championships in New Zealand. In 2018, Soutter was part of the inaugural British Europa Cup snowboard cross program. Soutter boarded in the disciplines of boardercross, freeride and half pipe. In June 2017, Soutter was featured by the Daily Telegraph as one of the “Future Stars of British Snow Sports.”
2047.jpg

Team Great Britain
After winning her bronze medal at the European Youth Olympic Festival, Soutter told her hometown newspaper in the UK, the Bromley Times, “I don’t think it’s quite sunk in yet, I’m a little bit emotional. I cried as I crossed the line – I was just so emotional as it hasn’t been the best season for me and it’s finally on the way up. I even asked my coach to put snow down my back when I was in the start gate. It helps wake me up so I don’t feel all floppy like a jellyfish.” In April 2016, Soutter won silver at the British Snowboard Cross tournament after opting to not compete at her age level.

In 2015, Soutter’s father attempted to raise money to help support his daughter’s career via Go Fund Me. The page ended up raising less thant $5,000 of a $23,000 goal. Tony Soutter said that the page was created because of a lack of financial support for his daughter’s career from British Ski and Snowboard. He said that due to the lack of funds, her progress has been stunted.
2. Soutter’s Mother Is Former Miss. United Kingdom & Female Body Builder Lorraine Denman

According to posts on her Twitter page, Soutter’s mother is former Miss United Kingdom and female body builder Lorraine Denman. Denman still lives in England, in the town of Hove in East Sussex. Tony Soutter’s brother, Jeremy, told the Daily Mail, “Ellie grew up with her father Tony. They were incredibly close. When Tony and his wife divorced, Tony was adamant that he would bring Ellie up. He has quite extraordinary parenting skills.” Jeremy Soutter as still being close to her mother but her father was her “best friend.”

Denman told the Sun in April 2017 that she was working as a veterinarian but had decided to focus full-time on bodybuilding. Speaking about her beauty pageant career, Denman said, “I was crowned Miss London and Miss UK in my early twenties but really didn’t like the pressure to be thin. I carried on working out at the gym, doing cardio and weights, but it was in 2009 that I really focused myself on building more muscle. After watching the British bodybuilding finals one year, I knew I wanted to compete. I threw myself into training and changed my diet. I found the focus and discipline of bodybuilding very comforting. But it can become obsessive.”

3. Soutter Began Her Snowboarding Journey at the Age of 10

In her Facebook “Intro” section, Soutter said of herself, “Occasionally doing cool things with my snowboard.” Soutter was from London but lived in Morzine in French Alps. Soutter was formerly a student at the Old Hawthorns School in Surrey.

According to her official website, Soutter began snowboarding at the age of ten. Her coach was French Olympian Deborah Anthonioz. Soutter’s official bio that it was her goal to compete at the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing. In addition to her snowboarding career, mountain biking and hiking were among her other hobbies.
4. Soutter Was Just Snowboarding With Friends When She Was Discovered by Members of Team Great Britain

Soutter wrote on her LinkedIn page that she began skiing at three years old. Soutter says she moved to France with her father in November 2010 and began to take up snowboarding. During a day snowboarding with friends, Soutter says she was spotted by a group of Team Great Britain boarders who were training nearby. Soutter adds that the most serious injury she suffered up to that point while boarding was a broken wrist.
In 2016, Soutter was the subject of a beautiful photo shoot by photographer Susie Lawrence. Lawrence wrote in a tribute to her young subject, “This isn’t the kind of photography she’s used to at all as she’s normally captured in action on the slopes and she’d never done any modeling but what a natural she was. Thanks so much Ellie, you are amazing.” On the day of Soutter’s death, Lawrence wrote on Twitter, “Devastated to hear about the sudden death of Ellie Soutter yesterday on her 18th birthday. I fully expected to be watching her in the next Olympics. The couple of hours I spent with her were…”
5. Fans of Soutter’s Have Been Taking to Twitter to Mourn the Tragic Loss

Many snowboarding fans have taken to Twitter to mourn Soutter. Here are some of the most poignant tributes:

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/ellie-soutter-killed-herself-remote-12992146

Ellie Soutter killed herself in remote woodland just before her 18th birthday party, her family reveal
Police tracker dogs found her body at 11.15pm on Wednesday, her 18th birthday, hours before she was due to attend a birthday party with family and friends

• 3202Shares

By
Alexandra Williams
  • 21:22, 27 JUL 2018
  • Updated22:17, 27 JUL 2018
Sport

-0:00

Watch again

Team GB snowboarder Billy Morgan wins bronze in big air bagging record fifth British Winter Olympics medal Winter Olympics snowboarder Markus Schairer breaks NECK after horrific fall - but still finishes race

Share this video

Watch Next
Aimee Fuller reveals painful facial scars following Team GB hopeful's horrific snowboard fall at 2018 Winter Olympics
Get daily updates directly to your inbox

See our privacy notice
Tragic snowboarder Ellie Soutter committed suicide in a remote wooded area near her home in Les Gets, France, her heartbroken family has confirmed.

Police tracker dogs found her body at 11.15pm on Wednesday, her 18th birthday.

On Friday night, family and friends had been due to attend a joint party to celebrate her birthday and her father’s, which falls on Monday.

Poignantly, the same people gathered at the same venue in Les Gets to grieve.

Ellie was considered one of Britain’s future snowboarding stars. She had pinned her hopes of competing for Team GB in the Winter Olympics in 2022.

0_Ellie-Soutter.jpg

Ellie Soutter was set for a top snowboarding career Read More

Her uncle Jeremy Soutter, who flew in from the UK to comfort his brother, said: “Everything was already in place for tonight. Ellie had been looking forward to it. At least a dozen people were coming from the UK for it.”

Her close family is desperately seeking answers.

Jeremy, CEO at Carne Global Fund Managers, said: ”Ellie grew up with her father Tony. They were incredibly close. When Tony and his wife divorced, Tony was adamant he would bring Ellie up. He has quite extraordinary parenting skills.

“She was still close to her mother but it was Tony who was her best friend.

“He’s a broken man. He keeps going through everything. But there were just no signs at all.

“She was as bright as a button the day before. Happy, excited about life. This is the thing that’s killing her father.

1_Team-GB-snowboarder-Ellie-Soutter-dies-suddenly-on-her-18th-birthday.jpg

Ellie and dad Tony Soutter were due to hold a joint birthday party (Image: Facebook)
“And I saw her at a wedding in the UK recently and she was as chirpy as ever. You could never have anticipated this.”

Tony, who heads the French office of MIDAS Kitchens, last saw Ellie at 8am on Wednesday when he went to say goodbye before going to work.

He went into her bedroom to wish her happy birthday but she was fast asleep.

He texted her later that morning but there was no response.

When he returned home for lunch, Ellie was not there.

Jeremy said: “He didn’t think there was anything untoward that she wasn’t there for lunch.

“But by 6pm he still hadn’t been able to get her on her mobile and it was her birthday. He also noted that her purse was at home. He called the police.”

Sniffer dogs were deployed in the search. They picked up her scent at the house and police then began searching in nearby woodland.

0_Ellie-Soutter.jpg

Ellie Soutter left her house on Wednesday, her 18th birthday (Image: teamgb/Twitter)
Jeremy said: “It was 11.15pm when they found her. There was no note, nothing. She was somewhere you can hardly access. She must have just kept walking and walking. Police struggled to get there.”

He said Tony will scatter Ellie’s ashes on one of her favourite mountains in Les Gets.

Olympians, including Amy Williams, paid tribute to the champion snowboarder.

The skeleton gold medallist said: "Such sad tragic news.

"Thoughts and prayers go to Ellie Soutter's family.”

Ellie’s mother Lorraine Denman, a bodybuilder and former Miss UK, lives in Hove, East Sussex. She is due to travel to Les Gets in the coming days.

Ellie moved to Les Gets in 2009. She attended the local primary school, followed by an international school and then the local college.

0_BREAKING-Team-GB-snowboarder-Ellie-Soutter-dies-suddenly-on-her-18th-birthday.jpg

Soutter was found in a secluded wooded area by sniffer dogs (Image: elliesoutter/Instagram)
Read More
Top Stories from Mirror Online

By 2015, her sporting commitments meant she was home schooled for the final two years of her education.

Jeremy said: “She wasn’t just sporty. She was very bright too. She got top academic results which is really something considering all the sport she was doing.

“She wanted to be good at everything. She expected a lot of herself.

“There’s certainly a lot of pressure from competing. The travelling is immense too. She had a very busy training schedule and generally all of that takes its toll.

“But Tony never pressured her. This was not some parent’s dream. This was coming from her. She loved the sport and Tony supported her in any way he could. Financially, emotionally.

“The outpouring of affection and grief has been overwhelming. There’s no way she understood what she meant to so many people.

“There are so many ifs and buts. Too many to contemplate. Until Wednesday we were just a family like any other other, believing something like this happens to other people not us.”

2_DMP_CHP_260718EllieSoutter_392EllieSoutterJPG.jpg

Ellie Soutter died at the age of 18 Read More

Ellie's career looked in jeopardy at the start of the year when she had to pull out of training and competing due to 'lack of funds' - but she had fought back and was set to compete for Team GB in the junior world championships in New Zealand next month.

Tributes poured in from friends and fellow snowboarders and skiers including her ex-boyfriend Oscar Mandin, 21.

Freeride World Qualifier Oscar, who remained friends after she ended the relationship last year, said she struggled with “bouts of sadness” but would always seek help from family or friends.

He said snowboarding was her “happy place”.

He said: “I think sport was the thing that gave her her smiles. That was her happy place. I don’t think this has to do with her snowboarding.

“She would call me even after we were no longer together and ask for help in the form of talking about things. I wouldn’t use the word depressed. She was just sad sometimes. And she wanted to speak to someone who knew her. So we’d meet for a coffee and talk. But this time she didn’t call me. She didn’t call anyone.

“She had had an unstable period but she’d got through that. So I was so shocked when I heard what happened.

0_European-Youth-Olympics-Winter-Festival-2017-in-Erzurum.jpg

Ellie Soutter (L) in action at the European Youth Olympics Winter Festival 2017 (Image: Anadolu)

0_BREAKING-Team-GB-snowboarder-Ellie-Soutter-dies-suddenly-on-her-18th-birthday.jpg

(Image: elliesoutter/Instagram)
“Tony had called me at about 4pm asking me if there was anywhere she might go.

“After a few hours we were getting concerned. I got a call at 1am from a friend to tell me that the police had found her.

“I’m close to her dad still. We are good friends. He was an incredible father. Devoted everything to her. He’s an extraordinary man.

“When Ellie and I were dating we always said we’d look out for each other’s families if anything happened to either of us. I’ll do that.”

Oscar described Ellie as “very determined”.

He said: “She was a really fantastic person. She was very determined in everything she did.”

They began dating in May 2015. In September they visited the UK and then Paris together.

They also travelled to New Zealand together competing. Their relationship lasted for almost two years.

Soutter lived in Les Gets with her dad (Image: elliesoutter/Instagram)
School friends in the close-knit community of Les Gets expressed their shock at her death on Friday.

One 18-year-old girl wept as she said: “No one can understand why she would do this. She seemed so happy. It’s such a big shock. She had plenty of friends, she was going really far with her sport, she had so much.”

Olly Edwards, a family friend, said: “My wife Jo and I have know Ellie since she was little. She was a cheeky, happy and smiley child with a lot of heart.

“She achieved a lot in her short life and her father is very proud of her. Tony is one of the very best fathers on this planet and he has been overwhelmed by all the love and support. She will be sorely missed.”

Speaking from the hotel he owns in Les Gets, Peter Rhodes, a close friend of Ellie’s father’s, said: “I’ve know on Ellie since she moved here eight years ago. She was so full of life. Ellie was a great kid. We just don’t know why it happened.

“She was completely integrated into life here. She was bilingual and had as many French friends as British ones.

“Tony’s life revolved around her. Devastated is too weak a word to describe him.”

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6876871/what-ellie-soutter-cause-death-how-old-when-memorial/

GONE TOO SOON What was Ellie Soutter’s cause of death, how old was the Team GB snowboarder and when is her memorial?
The talented teenager won Team GB's only medal at the European Youth Olympic Winter Festival last year and was aiming to compete in the 2022 Winter Olympics
By Patrick Knox
27th July 2018, 6:45 pm
Updated: 27th July 2018, 6:50 pm
TEAM GB star Ellie Soutter, described as the country's best up-and-coming snowboarders, died suddenly on her birthday.
Here is what we know so far on the youngster’s passing and what her family have said about the tragic news.
Team GB
Much missed Ellie died on Wednesday, July 25 in France What was Ellie Soutter's cause of death?

Ellie Soutter died on Wednesday, July 25, on her 18th birthday in France.
Sources within the sport confirmed to The Sun Online Ellie had taken her own life.
Her family have not commented on how the teenager passed away but her sport's governing body posted a link to Samaritans when announcing the sad news of her death.
The death of the up-and-coming star was described in an official statement by British Ski and Snowboard as “sudden”.
Friends, families and fellow athletes all expressed their shock and condolences following the news.
Her father Tony wrote a tribute saying: "This cruel world took my Soul mate and 'Bessie' from me yesterday on her 18th birthday."
Instagram
Tributes have been paid by Britain's competitive snowboarding community How old was she?
Ellie who was also known as “Bessie” had just turned 18 and it was her birthday when she died.
Soutter last year won Team GB's only medal at the European Youth Olympic Winter Festival in Turkey, claiming a bronze in the snowboard cross.
She grew up in Surrey before moving to the Alps with her dad Tony and was all set to return to snowboarding cross competition next month.

When is the memorial?
A memorial is set to take place at the Hotel Spa Crychar in Les Gets, France on Friday, July 27 at 6:30pm.
The event was announced in an emotional Facebook post by her grieving father Tony.
He said: “For those who would like to toast her amazing short life we will be raising a glass in memory of her.”

Team GB snowboarder Ellie Soutter dies suddenly aged 18

Samaritans is free to call on 116 123 in the UK. Childline is available to help anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they’re going through - call free on 0800 1111.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
should have considered getting her training in sinkieland n mudland where a lot of rich malay like jibby's son willing fork out top dollars for white pussy to go with his alcohol laden ribenna in a wine glass.