• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bankruptcy enquiries

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
a bit confusing here. I thought u r earning 2.6k and looking for a gf... and u r not confident whether u can find a gf. so how did u end up being bankrupt and with a child?

I am the one who earns $2.6k.....and did I mention I drive a korean car?

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our Government have changed the bankruptcy laws so that we could be discharge after 3 yrs of being a bankrupt. This is a priviledge given to us so as to encourage us to take higher risk to venture into business. If u do not have any private properties etc, then u should go for bankruptcy. You will feel a great sense of relief.

Assuming you do not wish to go thru bankruptcy, can you clear this dept within 3 years? If you cant then u should definately go for bankruptcy.

Dont be afraid of OA as they are there to help you.
As a bankrupt, you dont owe money to the OA. Therefore its not compulsory that you need to 'pay' the OA a certain fix sum of money every month. This is negotiable and this money collected is used to pay up your debtors.

It is true that after discharge you may have problems applying for loan from banks. However you will be surprised that after discharge from bankruptcy, and thereafter with a good clean record (i.e debt free thereafter and with good job and with ok salary), DBS is willing to issue you credit cards again.

I have a friend bankrupt 6 years bankrupt for 110K after paying now outstanding 70K .... jobless BUT OA still die die dont discharge even he was in the green zone ever since day 1. He go see MPs, OA also fuck care. MP even say, you did not pay up what for discharge you?

My poor pal.

Any help anyone?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before you proceed to file for bankruptcy...give it a last shot...talk to the banks and try to arrange for instalments. They will charge u certain interest for your outstandings and you pay off in instalments over an agreed period. Remember that the banks will not sue you for bankruptcy unless you owe them over 10k...

your house will be left alone...the items in your house will have to be proved that they are paid by others...

pls bear in mind that being a bankrupt will have many negative effects on your lives in future...employers may not hire you...you will probably nvr get a loan approved in future..etc...

try to talk to the banks 1st...good luck

Go ahead and file for bankruptcy and operate within the many many loopholes.
Chee Soon Juan n his sister are bankrupts and yet live a carefree and merry life.... One greatest bankrupt was Ho Kok Cheong who was able to live it high travelling 1000 times out of country; move around in limo, stays in mansions and dine in posh places........... there was nothing his creditors could do to him as our OA office is totally impotent; either unable or unwilling to take actions.
I got a fren who was big creditors to Advance Gravis Tan Bee Kee n his wife Yeo Mui Joo...........who had the cheek to apply for discharge despite not having paid her non govt creditors a single cent! Her contribution to creditors fund was $50 monthly despite the fact that she officially earns $3600 month while her husband makes some $4000+
What sort of signal is OA sending the public at large and those who intend to cheat big time their creditors? Out of some 20 creditors with amount owed to the tune of 5 million bucks, almost all creditors din bother to turn up.... luckily one person turned up and objected to her application for discharge!! Otherwise she will be laughing her way to the bank= borrowed 5 mio and no need to pay anymore N can start all over again to cheat creditors

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a friend bankrupt 6 years bankrupt for 110K after paying now outstanding 70K .... jobless BUT OA still die die dont discharge even he was in the green zone ever since day 1. He go see MPs, OA also fuck care. MP even say, you did not pay up what for discharge you?

My poor pal.

Any help anyone?

Change supervisor in OA office to a friendlier one or a lazy one!!!!!

HokkienMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
MR PERFECT going bankrupt ??
please lor.... mai siah sui laa....
shud register as MR BROKE then we believe ur stories.

30 years old and ur child is paying ???
unless u tell us u shot gun at age of 10 with ur maid.

KNNBCCB ...

jw5

Loyal
Asking a bankrupt or potential bankrupt to live it up and heck care the feelings and thoughts of unpaid creditors is not good advice.
The best advice is to follow the rules and lead a low key, simple and unassuming life.
Those bankrupts who "lived it up" may have got away with it.
But someday somewhere an unpaid creditor may just face hardship in his life and decide that he has nothing to lose and goes after someone who refused to pay him, declared bankruptcy and "lived it up". By that time, it would be too late to pay up, because what he wants may not be money any more.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Change supervisor in OA office to a friendlier one or a lazy one!!!!!

who to decide to change supervisor? guess not in luck ya? I also know some bankrupts still live the high life drive luxs car live in bungalow .... but bankrupt was used to protect their assets against creditors...

sohbuckkong

Alfrescian
Loyal

My poor pal.

Any help anyone?

If your friend have a good record, its very hard to believe that he/she was not granted a discharge.

I also know of someone who 'owe' the OA money and he was granted a discharge even though he did not pay the outstanding amount.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your friend have a good record, its very hard to believe that he/she was not granted a discharge.

I also know of someone who 'owe' the OA money and he was granted a discharge even though he did not pay the outstanding amount.

I saw his statement of affairs as he filed all his papers and see his MP. Really printed GREEN ZONE aka good conduct and cooperative with OA. But of recent I know of another case owe 35K to but bankrupt for 8 years and a discharge is still not in sight.

Got another case... sold HDB flat, OA seized the money pay quite a bulk of it but STILL no discharge.

Bro, maybe you can offer ur 3 cents worth..

I feel that in Singapore a bankrupt is worst than a criminal (No thanks to PAP using bankruptcy against OPP, therefore most ppl view bankrupt as anti-establishment) so I rather the person rob steal borrow and do not return than to be a bankrupt.(punt.*)...

What do u think?

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont be afraid of OA as they are there to help you.
As a bankrupt, you dont owe money to the OA. Therefore its not compulsory that you need to 'pay' the OA a certain fix sum of money every month. This is negotiable and this money collected is used to pay up your debtors.

The Official Assignee's role is two-fold; to realise as much assets as possible for distribution to creditors and to assist you in obtaining a discharge from bankruptcy.

By law, if you are gainfully employed, you must make a monthly contribution to your bankruptcy estate for the benefit of your creditors. Your conduct and payment to your bankruptcy estate will determine whether you are in “Green Zone” or the “Red Zone”.

If you are not gainfully employed, the OA will "keep pushing" you to look for a job. This is what my unemployed undischarged bankrupt frd told me.

It is true that after discharge you may have problems applying for loan from banks. However you will be surprised that after discharge from bankruptcy, and thereafter with a good clean record (i.e debt free thereafter and with good job and with ok salary), DBS is willing to issue you credit cards again.

Not after 5 yrs, the credit rating will be kept by CBS for 5 years.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal

My poor pal.

Any help anyone?

Bro, maybe you can ask Frankiestine. He can advise you further.

There is two way to get discharge. Discharge by Certificate of the Official Assignee (after a period of three years), or apply to the High Court to grant you an Order of Discharge with the help of a lawyer.

This is what my discharged BK frd told me. If you have paid a total of 27-30% of your outstanding debt into the bankruptcy estate, you are definitely eligible to ask for a discharge. Maybe his OA is not helpful enough, or his conduct is not good enough for his OA to help even though he is in green.

You can ask his frd to seek his family member's help as a third party to raise abt 5k-6k as a Offer of Composition to apply to the High Court to grant him an Order of Discharge. If the creditors agree to the proposal, he will get discharge by the court. If not, the OA will return back the cheque to the third party.

Last edited:

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got another case... sold HDB flat, OA seized the money pay quite a bulk of it but STILL no discharge.

Bro Subok, can you explain further in your above case, how come OA can seize the proceeds of his HDB sale? They are two examples I know OA may interfere with the sale of the bankrupt's HDB. HDB bought using bank loans & an undischarged bankrupt flat owner of an SPR household. Please read below circular by IPTO.

OA Practice Circular No. 1 of 2009
http://app2.ipto.gov.sg/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=yQcIUIU87Pw=&tabid=396

Last edited:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Subok, can you explain further in your above case, how come OA can seize the proceeds of his HDB sale? They are two examples I know OA may interfere with the sale of the bankrupt's HDB. HDB bought using bank loans & an undischarged bankrupt flat owner of an SPR household. Please read below circular by IPTO.

OA Practice Circular No. 1 of 2009
http://app2.ipto.gov.sg/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=yQcIUIU87Pw=& tabid=396

Dun be chow kar or kaki busok!

O$ P$............. borrow pple hard earned $$$$$$$ n dun want to pay! What sort of bastard is that???

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go ahead and file for bankruptcy and operate within the many many loopholes.
Chee Soon Juan n his sister are bankrupts and yet live a carefree and merry life.... One greatest bankrupt was Ho Kok Cheong who was able to live it high travelling 1000 times out of country; move around in limo, stays in mansions and dine in posh places........... there was nothing his creditors could do to him as our OA office is totally impotent; either unable or unwilling to take actions.
I got a fren who was big creditors to Advance Gravis Tan Bee Kee n his wife Yeo Mui Joo...........who had the cheek to apply for discharge despite not having paid her non govt creditors a single cent! Her contribution to creditors fund was $50 monthly despite the fact that she officially earns $3600 month while her husband makes some $4000+
What sort of signal is OA sending the public at large and those who intend to cheat big time their creditors? Out of some 20 creditors with amount owed to the tune of 5 million bucks, almost all creditors din bother to turn up.... luckily one person turned up and objected to her application for discharge!! Otherwise she will be laughing her way to the bank= borrowed 5 mio and no need to pay anymore N can start all over again to cheat creditors

Yeap this bloody Tan Bee Kee & his wife Yeo Mui Joo are pple who borrowed like hell & hid assets hoping to surface them one day after discharge.

Couple now earns $9000 monthly, drives a big car and stay in aircond apartment ......... but OA allowed them to pay creditors only $50 per month.

What sort of OA and bankruptcy laws do we have here?:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo: