• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banking & Finance (includes credit cards posting)

bujua

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much will the raised BLR impact your pocket?

House Loan Calculator

House Loan Cal.jpg

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone advise if we get good, or at least comparable with money changer, exchange rates paying for things in Malaysia using credit cards?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone advise if we get good, or at least comparable with money changer, exchange rates paying for things in Malaysia using credit cards?

Never pay in MY using your SG credit card, the exchange rate is usually the worst.
If you insist on paying with card, one of the simplest way is to open a savings acct and get yourself a debit card if you are unable to get a credit card.
However, if you have a close relative with credit cards, you can ask them to get you a supplement card (provided they trust you very much).
Just top up your savings acct with sufficient funds and you can use it like a credit card anywhere that accepts card payment.
And to top up, you can just do an immediate internet transfer from your SG acct to MY anytime, even while you are in MY.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks, contrarian!

probably i'll check with CIMB nusa bestari. that location is more convenient to me.

Alliance Bank at Nusa Bestari is worth checking out..I got my accounts done with minimum fuss.
there are 2 pretty Chinese bank officers to help you too. I have seen lots of Sporeans opening accts there too

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been using affin bank credit card for a few years and they offer 0.8% cash rebate on all purchases. It is offset in the following month's bills, I find this beats all forms of reward points, gift. But I think u need to spend rm1,500 monthly. Check out the details on their website.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
WOW! I am so glad I checked out this thread. will go Alliance Bank next week to check those gals out. Do you have their names BTW? :smile:

Alliance Bank at Nusa Bestari is worth checking out..I got my accounts done with minimum fuss.
there are 2 pretty Chinese bank officers to help you too. I have seen lots of Sporeans opening accts there too

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Msian Budget.jpg
From BT, 29 Aug.
Big ticket items, better get it settled quickly before the GST kicks in.

Last edited:

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
WOW! I am so glad I checked out this thread. will go Alliance Bank next week to check those gals out. Do you have their names BTW? :smile:

Cant remember their names now ..but go in and they are seated on the desks on your left, believe they handle new accounts and one is quite chio.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just can't believe it.
At about 11.30pm, 12 ATMs from 5 different banks at different parts of JB were all OUT OF SERVICE!!!
Those inside 7Elevens, outside banks' branch, inside petrol kiosks.......

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all,

I would like to state my disappointment with OCBC. They have lost my siblings loan agreement previously. Then another friend who i recommended to OCBC.

I never got anything financially and had to face the music on their behalf and now even my own loan documents and S&P, OCBC only reported lost months after they were supposed to be receiving it. I will be writing to them to lodge a formal complaint but just to share my own unfortunate experience as they only owned up to it within 1 week of a purchase expiring. Well done OCBC, truly i hope you are proud of yourselves.

Once or twice i can understand but 3 strikes losing entire sets of documents and forcing people to redo everything or lose their purchase is simply fascinating.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what happened in the end? Purchase void?

I am not happy with OCBC as well. CIMB is best.

Dear all,

I would like to state my disappointment with OCBC. They have lost my siblings loan agreement previously. Then another friend who i recommended to OCBC.

I never got anything financially and had to face the music on their behalf and now even my own loan documents and S&P, OCBC only reported lost months after they were supposed to be receiving it. I will be writing to them to lodge a formal complaint but just to share my own unfortunate experience as they only owned up to it within 1 week of a purchase expiring. Well done OCBC, truly i hope you are proud of yourselves.

Once or twice i can understand but 3 strikes losing entire sets of documents and forcing people to redo everything or lose their purchase is simply fascinating.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

Interesting to note that you are still buying after acquiring so many properties. As long as you are buying I'm safe since you know the ground better than me :biggrin:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
just an update. seems like they are tightening their lending policies.

promised me 85% financing but approved only 80%. Promised my friend 80% financing but only approve 75%. this is even though our incomes can pay off the whole condo in less than 2 years. told me it's not an income issue. HQ probably didn't want to lend so much to a SG. I am like wtf...

even though its not a big thing, but because of the in-principle approval, I stopped shopping with the other banks for 85% financing. this extra 5% is not a life changer for me but I can imagine it might be troublesome for some Bros here who might have to cough up a sudden RM50k. and she didn't even have the courtesy to inform me of the reduction in loan quantum. only told me that the loan has been approved. only found out just before heading out to the lawyer's.

Oh well, it's Malaysia after all. So take extra care fellow forummers.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far my experience with OCBC(MY) not too bad. May have been lucky to get an on the ball officer. I go for the terms and conditions of the loan rather than the service level which I overcome through constant monitoring and emails :biggrin:.

OCBC was able to offer:
- Shorter lock in period
- Ceiling of RM5k if redeem within lock in period
- Unlimited loan prepayment with facility of redraw

On the other hand, stanchart had superb service and young pretty officers, but their terms are stiff.

Just trivia, but PBB seems to have some of the best looking officers. :rolleyes: