• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangla discarded by Josephine Teo like an used tampon after 19 years!

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello everyone!
Zakir Hossain here.

I have been working in and contributing to Singapore for 19 years. I have been working in the construction industry in many important projects such as Jewel Changi Singapore, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), South Beach Tower, Enterprise Singapore and Microsoft Singapore Woodlands Data Centre. I am very honoured to have been the quality assurance and quality controller-in-charge for these projects.

On 24 May 2022, I received a notice from my company’s HR that my work permit had expired and could not be renewed.

The system reflected, “This worker has an adverse record with a government agency.”

It came as a rude shock to me. I had thought my work permit could be renewed with no issues as usual.

Following my HR’s advice, I hurried to the Police Cantonment Complex and Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) to enquire about the “adverse record”. Both authorities informed me that there was no “adverse record” in the system.

According to a reply by the then Minister of Manpower (MOM), Mrs Josephine Teo, if the reason of “adverse record” has been given for non-renewal, “the worker would be aware of the offence he committed” and “enforcement actions would have been taken against him”. Both did not happen with my case. Her reply also stated that the worker may “appeal against the decision as provided for under the respective legislations.”

In the two weeks leading up to my deportation (my HR managed to get an extra week of extension in that time), a few NGOs and individuals gathered together to write an appeal letter on my behalf to the Minister for Manpower, Dr Tan See Leng and Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Manpower, Mr Zaqy Mohammad. A group of organisations also later requested for a closed-door session with Dr Tan See Leng.

However, the minister only agreed to meet with one person from the group.

In the most recent reply from MOM, the category of “adverse record” being assigned to me had been an “administrative error”. Instead, the reason for non-renewal should have just been “ineligible”.

I thought very hard about what would make me not eligible for a work permit, as I have done nothing wrong. I am writing this open letter as I have exhausted almost all options of appeal.

My time in Singapore thus came to an abrupt end, with no clear reason and plenty of confusion.

I first came to Singapore in 2003 to work in the construction industry. In my 19 years here, I have formed many valuable friendships with locals and migrants, and learned a lot from this country.

Singapore has become my home away from home. I use my free time to actively give back to the community.

I have introduced and organised various community projects to promote diversity and encourage social cohesion, raise awareness about pressing issues and boost the overall well-being of our community.

To promote diversity and encourage social cohesion across the migrant and local community, I have organised various literary and art activities, such as the Slam Poetry Festival, Migrant Art Festival & Exhibition, Mental Health Awareness and Wellbeing Festival, Migrant Book Fair and the International Migrant Literature Festival. I was also the co-editor of various migrant-local anthologies, such as Call and Response 1 and 2.

To raise awareness about pressing issues and challenge stereotypes of migrant workers, I have organised and attended various panel discussions, e.g. at Singapore Writers Festival. I was invited to give a TEDx Singapore talk about poetry and migration. I have also conducted literary and art workshops for students of NUS, SMU,Temasek Polytechnic and various secondary schools. My works have been featured at NLB, Esplanade, National Gallery Singapore, Yale-NUS College, SOTA, SMU and London University.

To boost the overall well-being of our community, I have organised blood donation drives, psychological first aid certification workshops with Red Cross Singapore and also actively encouraged a reading habit in workers by organising various book donation drives. I hoped that reading would alleviate their homesickness and boost solidarity through a shared appreciation of books.

Finally, during the Covid 19 pandemic in 2020, I organised monthly distributions of food, masks, hand sanitisers and essential items to workers not only in the dormitory but also in construction sites and factory-converted dormitories.

All my activities have had a lot of social impact. Many were inspired by me to become community organisers. My activities paved the way for migrants and locals to bond together over literature, arts and education. They have changed public opinion, whether local-to-migrant or migrant-to-migrant. These activities have forever changed the relationship between locals and migrants.

However, I am only a migrant worker.

In spite of all these contributions, I was sent back so suddenly. As I was packing my luggage and distributing books to my dormitory mates, I racked my brains over what the “adverse record” could mean.

The only possibility was my lobbying for equal treatment and social issues in the media and various social media platforms. These issues included: high agent fees, unhealthy dormitory conditions and poor management systems, transportation of workers in unsafe lorries, fair wages, medical benefits and safety, workplace harassment by employers and agents, poor food quality, etc. I have been collaborating actively with NGOs and organisations to resolve all these issues.

Poetry is my oxygen. To voice out about these issues during the pandemic, I published two poems “First Draft” and “Please do not call us ‘your brothers’” on Southeast Asia Globe and social media, highlighting the plight of the workers in dormitories.

The issues I raised were not new; the pandemic was a catalyst which sparked many to speak about social issues, migrants or locals alike. I only raised these issues because I saw them happening around me and it was unbearable. I myself had contracted COVID-19 and was quarantined multiple times due to crowded dormitory conditions. While I was on a hospital bed and suffering from COVID symptoms, I liaised with many local donors to distribute food, masks and essential items to dormitory workers.

Singapore is my home away from home, and I want her to do better as a country. For that, she has to learn to listen to its people, even migrants. I spoke up because I believe that conditions for migrant workers can improve in Singapore. I love the country and I wanted Singapore to be the example for other countries to follow.

I wonder if these are the reasons why I am asked to leave the country so abruptly.

There are other migrant workers and writers who have spoken up in the past. I am worried that the authorities will silence other migrant workers by not renewing their work passes just because they have raised concerns about their living and employment conditions.

I have worked for nearly 2 decades with professionalism and my company has commended me for my excellent performance. I hope the government agency will review the reason behind my being “ineligible” for renewal and allow me to continue to work and contribute to Singapore with my experience and skill.
Thank you to everyone who has always been beside me with love and kindness.

I want to cut off Josephine Teo's cheebye and eat it!

Sincerely,
Zakir Hossain

jw5

Loyal
Hello everyone!
Zakir Hossain here.

I have been working in and contributing to Singapore for 19 years. I have been working in the construction industry in many important projects such as Jewel Changi Singapore, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), South Beach Tower, Enterprise Singapore and Microsoft Singapore Woodlands Data Centre. I am very honoured to have been the quality assurance and quality controller-in-charge for these projects.

On 24 May 2022, I received a notice from my company’s HR that my work permit had expired and could not be renewed.

The system reflected, “This worker has an adverse record with a government agency.”

It came as a rude shock to me. I had thought my work permit could be renewed with no issues as usual.

Following my HR’s advice, I hurried to the Police Cantonment Complex and Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) to enquire about the “adverse record”. Both authorities informed me that there was no “adverse record” in the system.

According to a reply by the then Minister of Manpower (MOM), Mrs Josephine Teo, if the reason of “adverse record” has been given for non-renewal, “the worker would be aware of the offence he committed” and “enforcement actions would have been taken against him”. Both did not happen with my case. Her reply also stated that the worker may “appeal against the decision as provided for under the respective legislations.”

In the two weeks leading up to my deportation (my HR managed to get an extra week of extension in that time), a few NGOs and individuals gathered together to write an appeal letter on my behalf to the Minister for Manpower, Dr Tan See Leng and Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Manpower, Mr Zaqy Mohammad. A group of organisations also later requested for a closed-door session with Dr Tan See Leng.

However, the minister only agreed to meet with one person from the group.

In the most recent reply from MOM, the category of “adverse record” being assigned to me had been an “administrative error”. Instead, the reason for non-renewal should have just been “ineligible”.

I thought very hard about what would make me not eligible for a work permit, as I have done nothing wrong. I am writing this open letter as I have exhausted almost all options of appeal.

My time in Singapore thus came to an abrupt end, with no clear reason and plenty of confusion.

I first came to Singapore in 2003 to work in the construction industry. In my 19 years here, I have formed many valuable friendships with locals and migrants, and learned a lot from this country.

Singapore has become my home away from home. I use my free time to actively give back to the community.

I have introduced and organised various community projects to promote diversity and encourage social cohesion, raise awareness about pressing issues and boost the overall well-being of our community.

To promote diversity and encourage social cohesion across the migrant and local community, I have organised various literary and art activities, such as the Slam Poetry Festival, Migrant Art Festival & Exhibition, Mental Health Awareness and Wellbeing Festival, Migrant Book Fair and the International Migrant Literature Festival. I was also the co-editor of various migrant-local anthologies, such as Call and Response 1 and 2.

To raise awareness about pressing issues and challenge stereotypes of migrant workers, I have organised and attended various panel discussions, e.g. at Singapore Writers Festival. I was invited to give a TEDx Singapore talk about poetry and migration. I have also conducted literary and art workshops for students of NUS, SMU,Temasek Polytechnic and various secondary schools. My works have been featured at NLB, Esplanade, National Gallery Singapore, Yale-NUS College, SOTA, SMU and London University.

To boost the overall well-being of our community, I have organised blood donation drives, psychological first aid certification workshops with Red Cross Singapore and also actively encouraged a reading habit in workers by organising various book donation drives. I hoped that reading would alleviate their homesickness and boost solidarity through a shared appreciation of books.

Finally, during the Covid 19 pandemic in 2020, I organised monthly distributions of food, masks, hand sanitisers and essential items to workers not only in the dormitory but also in construction sites and factory-converted dormitories.

All my activities have had a lot of social impact. Many were inspired by me to become community organisers. My activities paved the way for migrants and locals to bond together over literature, arts and education. They have changed public opinion, whether local-to-migrant or migrant-to-migrant. These activities have forever changed the relationship between locals and migrants.

However, I am only a migrant worker.

In spite of all these contributions, I was sent back so suddenly. As I was packing my luggage and distributing books to my dormitory mates, I racked my brains over what the “adverse record” could mean.

The only possibility was my lobbying for equal treatment and social issues in the media and various social media platforms. These issues included: high agent fees, unhealthy dormitory conditions and poor management systems, transportation of workers in unsafe lorries, fair wages, medical benefits and safety, workplace harassment by employers and agents, poor food quality, etc. I have been collaborating actively with NGOs and organisations to resolve all these issues.

Poetry is my oxygen. To voice out about these issues during the pandemic, I published two poems “First Draft” and “Please do not call us ‘your brothers’” on Southeast Asia Globe and social media, highlighting the plight of the workers in dormitories.

The issues I raised were not new; the pandemic was a catalyst which sparked many to speak about social issues, migrants or locals alike. I only raised these issues because I saw them happening around me and it was unbearable. I myself had contracted COVID-19 and was quarantined multiple times due to crowded dormitory conditions. While I was on a hospital bed and suffering from COVID symptoms, I liaised with many local donors to distribute food, masks and essential items to dormitory workers.

Singapore is my home away from home, and I want her to do better as a country. For that, she has to learn to listen to its people, even migrants. I spoke up because I believe that conditions for migrant workers can improve in Singapore. I love the country and I wanted Singapore to be the example for other countries to follow.

I wonder if these are the reasons why I am asked to leave the country so abruptly.

There are other migrant workers and writers who have spoken up in the past. I am worried that the authorities will silence other migrant workers by not renewing their work passes just because they have raised concerns about their living and employment conditions.

I have worked for nearly 2 decades with professionalism and my company has commended me for my excellent performance. I hope the government agency will review the reason behind my being “ineligible” for renewal and allow me to continue to work and contribute to Singapore with my experience and skill.
Thank you to everyone who has always been beside me with love and kindness.

I want to cut off Josephine Teo's cheebye and eat it!

Sincerely,
Zakir Hossain

Jeremy Quek

Why you don't like Josephine? :unsure:

1655899771152.png

BTSS

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like @jw5 making use of others to propagate his Mark and Jeremy rubbish.
After making use of @ginfreely that suaycher gongcheebye, he will surely dump her by the roadside to rot.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah he can write pretty well.
His adverse leecord is it pertaining to gansiokbin sucked his cock and wrote for him this long letter ?
You know gansiokbin like to write letters one.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wah he can write pretty well.
His adverse leecord is it pertaining to gansiokbin sucked his cock and wrote for him this long letter ?
You know gansiokbin like to write letters one.
His written English appears better than most samsters. I can answer him: Josephine does not like an educated Bangla with leadersheep qualities and ability to organise their community to promote well being of Banglas. Josephine’s ideal Bangla is one who eat, shit, sleep and fuck a few maids… anything more than that is a threat to PAP’s social order

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His written English appears better than most samsters. I can answer him: Josephine does not like an educated Bangla with leadersheep qualities and ability to organise their community to promote well being of Banglas. Josephine’s ideal Bangla is one who eat, shit, sleep and fuck a few maids… anything more than that is a threat to PAP’s social order
apart from the active social life in meeting fellow migrants and cavorting with maids and with his discourse/s above, this bangla may have touched some raw nerves, ruffled some feathers and overstepped some ob markers / boundaries. as they say, kiang tiok hor - mai kay-kiang :redface:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blame yourself Zakir for being too high profile...
End of the day you're still a foreigner n a migrant worker..
Organised so many events for fuck's sake?
Free time, just go Mustapa jalan2..
Should toe the line n keep your blady mouth shut!
Stupid Bangla!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one I agree. We don't need well educated Bangla. We need serf type of Bangla.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Migrant worker advocate whose work pass was not renewed made misleading public posts: MOM​

hzzakir220622.jpg

Mr Zakir Hossain Khokan returned to Bangladesh on June 15 after working in Singapore for nearly two decades. PHOTO: ZAKIR HOSSAIN KHOKAN
kokyufengg.png

Kok Yufeng
Transport Correspondent

PUBLISHED

1 HOUR AGO

SINGAPORE - A migrant worker who was active in local literary circles and founded two community groups here has left Singapore after his work permit expired and was not renewed.
In a Facebook post on Wednesday (June 22), Mr Zakir Hossain Khokan, 43, said he was told by his former employer that the work permit renewal system had initially reflected an "adverse record with a government agency".
He was later told that this was an administrative error and that his work permit was "ineligible" for renewal, he said.
Responding to media queries, the Manpower Ministry (MOM) said it takes into account various factors when assessing an applicant's suitability to work in Singapore and for work passes to be renewed.
The ministry said that by Mr Zakir's own account, Singapore has allowed him to work here for 19 years.
"Through his time in Singapore, he has written often about migrant workers here. We renewed his work pass many times despite his activism and writings," said MOM.

"We draw the line, however, when public posts are misleading, false or deliberately provocative."

headstart-logo.svg

Get tips to grow your investments and career in weekly newsletter
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.
It cited a Facebook post that Mr Zakir made last October after a confrontation at Westlite Jalan Tukang dormitory that drew riot police to the scene.
Police had responded to a call for assistance at the dormitory after a confrontation between workers and management over poor quality food and long delays in transporting workers with Covid-19 to recovery and healthcare facilities.
While Special Operations Command officers were on standby, the Ministry of Home Affairs said then that additional police units were not deployed and no arrests were made by the police during the incident.

MOM said Mr Zakir had called migrant workers in Singapore "work slaves", and dormitories here "work camps", and also alleged that soldiers and armoured vehicles had surrounded the dormitory.
"This was a false characterisation," MOM said. "There were no soldiers, let alone armoured vehicles, around."
Mr Zakir had also signed off his post as from the "workers of Westlite Tukang", though he never lived there, noted MOM. The ministry added that Mr Zakir's statements could have incited migrant workers at the dormitory and elsewhere, inflamed their emotions and possibly caused incidents of public disorder.

The ministry said that while Mr Zakir had appealed the non-renewal of his work pass, his employer did not. The appeal was considered and MOM informed him that it was unsuccessful.
It added: "The ability of a foreigner to work in Singapore is not an entitlement. Mr Zakir has been permitted to work in Singapore for a long time, though he was a long-time activist.
"His work pass has since expired. He cannot prolong his stay when he no longer has a job in Singapore. He has overstayed his welcome."
A former freelance journalist and poet, Mr Zakir returned to his home in Bangladesh on June 15 after working in Singapore's construction sector for nearly two decades.
During his time here, he founded literary interest group Migrant Writers of Singapore and started "One Bag, One Book", a book-sharing project for foreign workers here that later helped to distribute supplies to migrant workers living in dormitories when Covid-19 struck.
MORE ON THIS TOPIC
Inaugural literature festival featuring works by migrant workers held at the National Library
Migrant workers contribute to local arts scene
Mr Zakir took the first prize in 2014 and 2015 in the Migrant Worker Poetry Competition organised by Banglar Kantha, a newspaper here for the Bangladeshi community.
He said in his Facebook post that he received notice from his employer's human resources department on May 24 that his work permit could not be renewed.
Mr Zakir, who declined to name the employer, said: "It was so sudden and unexpected."
Appeals made on his behalf by several non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and individuals, including MP Louis Ng and former NMP Anthea Ong, were not successful. This is according to a letter seen by The Straits Times that was sent to Manpower Minister Tan See Leng.
Ms Ong, who met Mr Zakir five years ago at a community event by her social enterprise Hush TeaBar, told ST that he had approached her for help.
She asked him to appeal directly to MOM and agreed to write to Dr Tan to outline Mr Zakir's contributions to the migrant worker community.
Ms Ong said that MOM has been doing good work in engaging NGOs and migrant workers since it set up a new division called the Assurance, Care and Engagement (ACE) Group in 2020 to care for migrant workers here.
"I hope this matter will not affect ACE's efforts or discourage our migrant brothers and sisters from coming forward to volunteer or create initiatives to support fellow migrant workers," said Ms Ong.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Migrant worker advocate whose work pass was not renewed made misleading public posts: MOM​

hzzakir220622.jpg

Mr Zakir Hossain Khokan returned to Bangladesh on June 15 after working in Singapore for nearly two decades. PHOTO: ZAKIR HOSSAIN KHOKAN
kokyufengg.png

Kok Yufeng
Transport Correspondent

PUBLISHED

1 HOUR AGO

SINGAPORE - A migrant worker who was active in local literary circles and founded two community groups here has left Singapore after his work permit expired and was not renewed.
In a Facebook post on Wednesday (June 22), Mr Zakir Hossain Khokan, 43, said he was told by his former employer that the work permit renewal system had initially reflected an "adverse record with a government agency".
He was later told that this was an administrative error and that his work permit was "ineligible" for renewal, he said.
Responding to media queries, the Manpower Ministry (MOM) said it takes into account various factors when assessing an applicant's suitability to work in Singapore and for work passes to be renewed.
The ministry said that by Mr Zakir's own account, Singapore has allowed him to work here for 19 years.
"Through his time in Singapore, he has written often about migrant workers here. We renewed his work pass many times despite his activism and writings," said MOM.

"We draw the line, however, when public posts are misleading, false or deliberately provocative."

headstart-logo.svg

Get tips to grow your investments and career in weekly newsletter
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.
It cited a Facebook post that Mr Zakir made last October after a confrontation at Westlite Jalan Tukang dormitory that drew riot police to the scene.
Police had responded to a call for assistance at the dormitory after a confrontation between workers and management over poor quality food and long delays in transporting workers with Covid-19 to recovery and healthcare facilities.
While Special Operations Command officers were on standby, the Ministry of Home Affairs said then that additional police units were not deployed and no arrests were made by the police during the incident.

MOM said Mr Zakir had called migrant workers in Singapore "work slaves", and dormitories here "work camps", and also alleged that soldiers and armoured vehicles had surrounded the dormitory.
"This was a false characterisation," MOM said. "There were no soldiers, let alone armoured vehicles, around."
Mr Zakir had also signed off his post as from the "workers of Westlite Tukang", though he never lived there, noted MOM. The ministry added that Mr Zakir's statements could have incited migrant workers at the dormitory and elsewhere, inflamed their emotions and possibly caused incidents of public disorder.

The ministry said that while Mr Zakir had appealed the non-renewal of his work pass, his employer did not. The appeal was considered and MOM informed him that it was unsuccessful.
It added: "The ability of a foreigner to work in Singapore is not an entitlement. Mr Zakir has been permitted to work in Singapore for a long time, though he was a long-time activist.
"His work pass has since expired. He cannot prolong his stay when he no longer has a job in Singapore. He has overstayed his welcome."
A former freelance journalist and poet, Mr Zakir returned to his home in Bangladesh on June 15 after working in Singapore's construction sector for nearly two decades.
During his time here, he founded literary interest group Migrant Writers of Singapore and started "One Bag, One Book", a book-sharing project for foreign workers here that later helped to distribute supplies to migrant workers living in dormitories when Covid-19 struck.
MORE ON THIS TOPIC
Inaugural literature festival featuring works by migrant workers held at the National Library
Migrant workers contribute to local arts scene
Mr Zakir took the first prize in 2014 and 2015 in the Migrant Worker Poetry Competition organised by Banglar Kantha, a newspaper here for the Bangladeshi community.
He said in his Facebook post that he received notice from his employer's human resources department on May 24 that his work permit could not be renewed.
Mr Zakir, who declined to name the employer, said: "It was so sudden and unexpected."
Appeals made on his behalf by several non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and individuals, including MP Louis Ng and former NMP Anthea Ong, were not successful. This is according to a letter seen by The Straits Times that was sent to Manpower Minister Tan See Leng.
Ms Ong, who met Mr Zakir five years ago at a community event by her social enterprise Hush TeaBar, told ST that he had approached her for help.
She asked him to appeal directly to MOM and agreed to write to Dr Tan to outline Mr Zakir's contributions to the migrant worker community.
Ms Ong said that MOM has been doing good work in engaging NGOs and migrant workers since it set up a new division called the Assurance, Care and Engagement (ACE) Group in 2020 to care for migrant workers here.
"I hope this matter will not affect ACE's efforts or discourage our migrant brothers and sisters from coming forward to volunteer or create initiatives to support fellow migrant workers," said Ms Ong.
nabez, so now we know that this fucking cheebai discombobulated dick of a pariah bangla bastard was a shit-stirrer who became too big for his construction worker boots - and the devious manner in his quest to gain a "visiting fellow" programme at iseas :whistling:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
nabez, so now we know that this fucking cheebai discombobulated dick of a pariah bangla bastard was a shit-stirrer who became too big for his construction worker boots - and the devious manner in his quest to gain a "visiting fellow" programme at iseas :whistling:
Bangla don't know his place.
He should just work and get his cock sucked on weekends by Ginfreelies.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many bangala but no bangala restaurant. These guys are adaptive. Can live and eat anywhere and sll kinds of food