• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Pib Fire

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TV2009010122013200.jpg

TV2009010122014500.jpg

TV2009010122015100.jpg

TV2009010122015300.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I been to zhantica before and it was huge and all that how come looks like some abandoned building anyway thew last pic the gal looks like.

KWa tio gui!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's only a pub, but the crowd on that night was almost more than twice it's limited capacity, all the party goers packed inside like sardines. even if somebody farted, the fumes also can't escape. so, when the fire break out, i think the ppl mistaken it as part of the pyrotechnic.

anyway, it's a sad start for 2009, especially for the NOK of the departed. deepeset condolence to them

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was there during April, the place only have a few doors opened for the guests to enter/exit. How the stage just burst into flames i could never understand, my table was beside the stage back then. 1000 people inside looks like too much for Santika to handle

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
.......How the stage just burst into flames i could never understand,
santika is quite a small pub, although it's already many times bigger than avg sg pubs. how the place caught fire? my guess, the pyrotechnics hit the ceilings, burnt the combustable decor materials, insufficient or no sprinkler system, fire start to spread more.

party goers panick, all rush to the small exits, bottlenecked, ppl stampeded, the ceiling came down & trapped more people, smoke from combustable material cause heavy smoke, choke & suffocate the people. the alcohol in the place serve to be fuel for the fire, so the whole place end up looking like charcoal.

bkk traffic congestion is alraedy an icon, so by the time fire dept, ambulance & police arrive, they might as well call the monks to come & perform funeral rights for the victims.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I been to zhantica before and it was huge and all that how come looks like some abandoned building anyway thew last pic the gal looks like.

KWa tio gui!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

I pass by that pub before and dun really like the design of the building so i never thought of going in. Prefer the other small pubs at the side.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I pass by that pub before and dun really like the design of the building so i never thought of going in. Prefer the other small pubs at the side.

Anyway, your pimp face will be rejected by the bouncers once you reach the doorstep, so its a good thing you tried the other small pubs:p