• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Baey do wayang in Parliament

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CheBaey Yam Keng apologises for comments over foreign student's remark

SINGAPORE: Tampines MP Baey Yam Keng apologised in Parliament Tuesday, for his comments over a remark by a foreign student here on a Singapore government scholarship.

Mr Baey has been accused of not standing up for Singaporeans.

But he said that was never his intention.

The comment by China national Sun Xu, that "there are more dogs than humans in Singapore", had sparked plenty of comments after it went viral online.

The final-year Mechanical Engineering student at the National University of Singapore had posted the remark on his microblog, after describing how some "uncles" in Singapore would stare at him after he brushed against them in public.

Some netizens also took issue with the fact that Sun is a government scholar.

Mr Baey was later quoted by a newspaper saying that there might be something in Sun's words that Singaporeans could reflect on.

This added to the furore, even after Mr Baey subsequently explained on his Facebook - saying he did not agree with Sun's comment, but that he felt Singaporeans could be more open to criticism.

And he maintained this stand in Parliament on Tuesday, although he apologised to those who felt hurt by his words.

"In trying to give the benefit of doubt to what the student said, and attempting to soothe the hard feelings of some Singaporeans, I was accused of siding with a foreigner and not standing up for fellow Singaporeans. It was never my intention to undermine Singaporeans but to those whom my words have hurt, I am sorry," said Mr Baey.

But he also noted the frustration among Singaporeans on being squeezed out by foreigners, whether it's for seats in the train, or for places in schools.

He said that negative sentiments against foreigners should not all be treated as noise.

What he has learnt, he said, is that he needs to be more sensitive to how people might read into certain words.

And he said the same applies for policymakers when they craft, implement and communicate policies.

- CNA/cc

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Given his wayang powess this dog can play lead in Chinese opera....be 花旦

Did he impart his save facial foam tactic?

Last edited:

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
at the end of the day - never say the number of scholarships for foreigners will be reduced and for singaporeans increased... after all the wayang, still at square 1 - sucking up to foreigners.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Given his wayang powess this dog can play lead in Chinese opera....be 花旦

Did he impart his save facial foam tactic?

He should head to Bedok Swimming pool carpark during the night.. Many gay uncles loitering there in their skimpy FBT running shorts.. They can give him some free facials..

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
CheBaey Yam Keng apologises for comments over foreign student's remark

And he maintained this stand in Parliament on Tuesday, although he apologised to those who felt hurt by his words.

"In trying to give the benefit of doubt to what the student said, and attempting to soothe the hard feelings of some Singaporeans, I was accused of siding with a foreigner and not standing up for fellow Singaporeans. It was never my intention to undermine Singaporeans but to those whom my words have hurt, I am sorry," said Mr Baey.

[/B]

That's a weak and pathetic apology. Apology rejected, Baey is still a useless dog.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at the end of the day - never say the number of scholarships for foreigners will be reduced and for singaporeans increased... after all the wayang, still at square 1 - sucking up to foreigners.

daft public 'misunderstooded' him, THEY can never say & do wrong. WE are the problem, THEY are the solution.

That's a weak and pathetic apology. Apology rejected, Baey is still a useless dog.

We have gone thru this PAP wayang show before.. Apologies and saying sorry is becoming a habit for the PAP.. But these PAP scums will revert back to their dastardly behaviour a day after apologising to the nation..

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have gone thru this PAP wayang show before.. Apologies and saying sorry is becoming a habit for the PAP.. But these PAP scums will revert back to their dastardly behaviour a day after apologising to the nation..

Damn right. He might ever break into tears. Crying is very fashionable for them. If they decide to retire from politics they can go to Taiwan and star in their soap operas. Lots of crying.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Damn right. He might ever break into tears. Crying is very fashionable for them. If they decide to retire from politics they can go to Taiwan and star in their soap operas. Lots of crying.

Sometimes I find it infuriating explaining to these hardcore PAP supporters the lies that the PAP have been deceiving them over the years.. I once got myself engaging in an animated argument with this Old uncle few days before last May's GE.. Told me that he felt sorry for Ah Khaw when the Penang bugger cried during his PAP rally.. I told the old Man that this just another wayang tactics by the PAP to win the votes of the people.. He refused to accept this fact and told me off.. I felt like knocking his head with my beer bottle that night at the kopitiam but luckily I didn't.. One week after the GE, he up the lorry..:biggrin: :biggrin:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
...One week after the GE, he up the lorry..:biggrin: :biggrin:

He and his ilk should have upped the lorry long ago. I once had a similar argument with a few people. I nearly 吐血. These people will only wake up their stupid ideas when they fall into dire straits and the scum fuck care them.

S

Summer

He should head to Bedok Swimming pool carpark during the night.. Many gay uncles loitering there in their skimpy FBT running shorts.. They can give him some free facials..

/

MM must have received some

intelligence reports on this joker sexual

orientation and preferences.

Last minute removed this Joker from

Tanjong Pagar GRC .

Joker knows that this Parliament will

be his very last ...

The last Parliament he no

sound no action . Suddenly

talk cock every other day ...

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
having caught the foot in mouth many times, me thought it's good that he apologise :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

hi there

1. calling this some apology makes me lol leh!
2. just another another dog caught with tail between its both hinge legs mah.
3. betterer, crying on airs should be more convincing.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Maybe BYK has the same mentality like most, scholars can never do anything wrong.

That is why he commented in this manner.