• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Avoiding the Competency Trap

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
And... what is it that u cannot understand.... uhhhh?

Yrs is cut and paste which was not yr research or article.... nor was there any opinion from yrself.....

What the fuck u want to paste this article for..... dickhead and ardehole....

Nayr69sg got it spot on. So it's obvious we can read and you cannot. Talk cock about Japan for fuck. All you can do is curse and swear. Your mother did a great job raising you :thumbsup:

You are too full of yourself. Your character is obvious for all to see.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
And then sometimes you hear other words of wisdom to stay the course dont get distracted. Stick with what works. Dont get sidetracked.

So you are right. Timing. Luck.

But I also know that if one doesnr get up to the batting plate to hit then you can confirm never get home run. But in the process will have many many strike outs.

I have no experience with business aside from my stint in MLM which ended when MOH clamped down on doctors doing it.

How does @Leongsam Do his business?

I have read that having mentors is important too.

Business is like playing poker. Got to know when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em. Risk-reward balance.

If you're not cut out for business, doctors also make good money that can be used for investing instead. If you know medicine well, invest in the right pharma/ medical companies. Stick to the sectors where you have an edge over others by virtue of your expertise.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
yours and mine are the exact opposite ...you worked saved and did businees as a retirement option ...me ,was reluctantly pushed into businees ...my ambition was to be an academic ...but business was in the blood that ran in the family so as to speak ...and after much later in life started to work for corporations with deep deep deep pockets simply because I would not take such a risk myself ...

Big corporations pay well, you are lucky. Low risk high rewards job. The Singapore dream. :thumbsup:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever I'm doing in now is just pocket money. Personal expenditure is pretty low nowadays. Outgoings are mainly imposed by the government or council.

I used to enjoy traveling but it became progressively more of a hassle and now I hate the thought of going through any international airport. I restrict my travel to places I can drive to.

My biggest regret is not making enough money to buy a plane. :smile:
yup ,practically lived out of suitcases myself ...not even suitcase, simply a brief case ...has to jump from one city to another on short notice
Big corporations pay well, you are lucky. Low risk high rewards job. The Singapore dream. :thumbsup:
i think you know little about big corporations beyond being a slaried man for them

luck is not the criteria...certainly not ..my position is not for head hunters to select...it's done by knowing who is who in what field

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yr article was old news, ancient. one scan I know what it was, u are late comer.

U sont hv bright spark...

Nayr69sg got it spot on. So it's obvious we can read and you cannot. Talk cock about Japan for fuck. All you can do is curse and swear. Your mother did a great job raising you :thumbsup:

You are too full of yourself. Your character is obvious for all to see.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Xerox was knocked down by the Japs than what the writer says.

Noisy machines, with toners fly all over the machine, it was a total shit machines. Xerox copier was all metals, heavy like fuck and was a curse to delivery and technicians...

When the Jap reinvented the light weight copiers under Fuji, US Xeorx and UK xerox under Rank Xerox fall flat. The Japs came with plastic gears which slashes the price of a copier by 60%. Light weight, 2 persons can carry the machine, table top to fit big and small offices.

All Jap enter the copier market slap US Xerox Copration and Rank Xerox into oblivion. Fuji, Canon, Tobshiba, Minolta, Sharp, Ricoh kicked US out of the manufacturing of copiers and dominate copiers till now.

In 1986, Fuji Xerox bought the whole region of Asia from Korea, China, Australia to NZ from CAM US for $460M.... ending the US domination.

This was when digital integration, networking with copiers set the trend of offices with MS ....

Today, Fuji Xerox still a leader in copiers with Canon...
hello. he's not talking about photocopiers lah...

We know Japs masters of lightweighting and miniaturizing. He's talking about PAP... :ninja:

Aiyoh...