• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aussie stands trial over fatal Bali crash

Susanoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aussie stands trial over fatal Bali crash

AAP
November 16, 2015, 9:55 pm

20151116001199870279_original_1280x720-1b4jdpn.jpg

The grieving father of a Bali man killed in a motorbike collision with an Australian has fronted court to say he has forgiven the tourist and wishes the matter was over.

Perth panel beater Joshua Terelinck has returned to Bali to stand trial for negligent driving causing death, which carries a maximum penalty of six years' jail.

The court heard Terelinck seemed not to see the North Kuta junction before he reached it at a speed of between 40 and 50 km/h and collided with the other bike about 2am on July 9.

His lawyer Erwin Siregar told the court on Monday he would not reply to the charges, because an agreement had already been reached with the victim's family not to proceed to court.

Nyoman Supardika, the victim's father, confirmed to court the reconciliation, including Rp55 million ($A5500) in compensation.

"Myself and the family have no problem and I think it's already finished," he said.

"After the accident, I immediately went to the hospital.

"On July 10, my son was still conscious. In the afternoon, he had surgery for a brain hemorrhage."

The 22-year-old student did not regain consciousness and died in hospital on July 16.

A police officer who attended the crash scene, I Nyoman Gendri, told the court there were no brake marks in the intersection.

Terelinck was wearing a helmet and did not smell of alcohol.

"The defendant should have stopped first at the junction, and after it was clear then he could go," he told the court.

The trial continues next week.