• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Audi unveils little beauty ready to roar in hot hatch market

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why dont you change your glasses? I did not say I drive a 5 series. In fact I stated quite clearly what I drove earlier but I wont be bothered to explain to some old man stuck in the 80s era.

Me wipe my glasses? You are the blind fuck. did i mention anything about 5 series in my post? u still haven't answered me. where is this supercharged 3 litre engine that you claim BMW makes?

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you read his post first?

I personally run my Audi to 200kmh for a few minutes everyday when i was commuting daily from Malaysia hence it is heavily used.

From my basic understanding of English "I personally run my Audi to 200kmh for a few minutes everyday when i was commuting daily from Malaysia hence it is heavily used" meant he drove his car at a speed of 200 kph for a short period of a few minutes on Malaysian roads. What is your understanding of that sentence?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So it's not a real Audi? Where is it made, in India?

Audi owned by VW. The new audi hatchback uses the golf gti drivetrain and engine. So it basically a rebadged golf, why want to pay premium for a audi badge?

btw, what ah leong post make sense, conti car too much electronic, even dont use also can spoil. my wife polo auto turn off the ESP by itself so spend a day at the workshop to get it fix, after fixing, notice the button light dont light up when switch off ESP. by then, i gave up even thou the VW guy willing to fix it as it meant another day in the workshop. According to the VW staff, VW now use recycle material for its brakes, so VW brakes now easily rust which result in squecking noise whenever the brakes are step. the noise is really bad when trying to park the car as need to keep taping the brake to control the reverse speed. The DSG gearbox feel great when it working but after sending the polo to workshop twice to fix the gearbox, excluding the recall, however good the gearbox also tulan as the downtime dont really worth it.

maybe need to go back to honda in a couple of years time as more and more stuff dont work on the polo and at the same time need more space. i still remember fondly going to ikea with jazz can carry back bulky ikea diy furniture carton as seats can fold down. Now need to drive a van down for the same purpose.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Audi owned by VW. The new audi hatchback uses the golf gti drivetrain and engine. So it basically a rebadged golf, why want to pay premium for a audi badge?

There are people that assumed a"real Merc, Beemer, VW, etc" are the big executive saloons and top-of-the-line models and smaller models are not the "real thing." Why? I am quite perplexed by this mindset.

Last edited:

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
btw, what ah leong post make sense, conti car too much electronic, even dont use also can spoil. my wife polo auto turn off the ESP by itself so spend a day at the workshop to get it fix, after fixing, notice the button light dont light up when switch off ESP. by then, i gave up even thou the VW guy willing to fix it as it meant another day in the workshop. According to the VW staff, VW now use recycle material for its brakes, so VW brakes now easily rust which result in squecking noise whenever the brakes are step. the noise is really bad when trying to park the car as need to keep taping the brake to control the reverse speed. The DSG gearbox feel great when it working but after sending the polo to workshop twice to fix the gearbox, excluding the recall, however good the gearbox also tulan as the downtime dont really worth it.

maybe need to go back to honda in a couple of years time as more and more stuff dont work on the polo and at the same time need more space. i still remember fondly going to ikea with jazz can carry back bulky ikea diy furniture carton as seats can fold down. Now need to drive a van down for the same purpose.

You won't go wrong buying Honda or Toyota as reliablility is important for you. If it is not an issue then nothing wrong in getting a European brand (I prefer German brands for myself).

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what's an audi 5 series? I only know BMW 5 series.

audi a5 and s5 series for their new models. for a very old and obsolete model, it was the 5000 series. in fact the 5000 was my 1st car, and when i sent it in to a non-audi certified mechanic, he couldn't find the battery and gave up trying to fix the car. it had 5 cylinders, and its battery was notoriously known for being invisible. unless you have owned or fixed an audi 5000, you would not know where the battery is. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You won't go wrong buying Honda or Toyota as reliablility is important for you. If it is not an issue then nothing wrong in getting a European brand (I prefer German brands for myself).

the most carjacked group of cars for spares and after-market parts in my area is toyota followed by honda. all my neighbors who own toyota or honda automobiles have their vehicles stolen, broken into, or carjacked at least once in the last 5 years. it pays to own a non-jap luxury depending on where you are. :rolleyes:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are people that assumed a"real Merc, Beemer, VW, etc" are the big executive saloons and top-of-the-line models and smaller models are not the "real thing." Why? I am quite perplexed by this mindset.

er.... i didnt say smaller models are not real thing but what i am saying the audi hatchback seems to be a VW Golf. So why pay more for a Audi Golf (whatever audi is calling this hatchback) when can get a VW Golf at a cheaper price.

maybe realiblity is not an issue with u rich folks who have spare cars and have ah mat to send your rosak cars to the workshop. it getting a pain in the arse to drive down to VW every few months. Maybe you never hang around the service centre since u have ah mat to send the cars for you, i been to the VW service centres (both location) quite a few time and i encounter many owners face turn purple from anger because of their keep having problem. I still remember a chap (dress very nice, seems like loaded type) screaming at the service manager on why VW cannot load an updated map for VW sat nat system as his car sat nat (gps) cannot locate his house. i know this is not breakdown but after paying so much to get the VW sat nat (options), a customer would expect the sat nat to find his house at sentosa cove.:biggrin:. i didnt regret on the polo, nice car, very good radio system, never seen any radio as good and best of all, cheaper than all japanese models of the same class when we brought it. S$60k (inclusive of coe $12k) for a conti when the jazz was selling at $76k at that time.

different ppl have different tastes and requirements. some like the drive of your lives of the beemer, some like the towkay feeling of a musadee, some like the realibility of a toyota, some like the practicality of a honda, sportiness of an Alfa etc etc.... there no right and wrong, just a personal choice.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
different ppl have different tastes and requirements. some like the drive of your lives of the beemer, some like the towkay feeling of a musadee, some like the realibility of a toyota, some like the practicality of a honda, sportiness of an Alfa etc etc.... there no right and wrong, just a personal choice.

I fully agree that an individual is entitled to spend their money however they like.

However, I feel that I am providing a community service by trying to clear some misconceptions about the perceived superiority of of European cars vs the Japs. This is because I have some inside information based on the fact that I used to supply components to the automotive industry so I know the European approach to engineering vs the Toyota approach.

The Japanese design things to be simple. It does not mean that the design is inferior. It means that it is produced in a manner where there is less to go wrong. I close with a quote from my hero Steve Jobs :

[h=1]“Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”[/h]
Steve Jobs

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Audi unveils little beauty ready to roar in hot hatch market

SCCZEN_150214SPLS1_620x310.jpg

5:30 AM Monday Feb 17, 2014

Cars

Audi have released details of its new S1 before its Geneva debut.

At last, the long-awaited Audi S1 hot hatch has been unveiled before its official debut at next month's Geneva Auto Show.

Available as three-door and five-door Sportback variants, as is its regular A1 counterpart, the S1 is expected to make its presence known in the fiercely competitive small hot hatch market.

The S1 will be powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine mated to Audi's proven quattro all-wheel-drive system. The combination of both drivetrain and engine (sourced from the VW Golf GTi) will allow the S1 to rocket from zero to 100km/h in a claimed 5.8 seconds and producing 170kW and 370Nm of torque.

Reports from overseas claim the S1 will have a six-speed-manual gearbox as standard. While rumours of Audi's seven-speed dual clutch S-Tronic have yet to be confirmed.

Packing a more chiselled front and rear, the S1 borrows cues from the 2011 A1 clubsport quattro concept like a bootlid black strip, diffuser and cap-on-backwards spoiler.

New LED headlights with red detailing and a wider mesh grill complete the aggressive ensemble.

The interior is carried over from the A1 with the addition of 'S' emblems, red-rimmed air vents and colour accents below the centre consol.

More will be revealed after the car's official launch at Geneva.

By the time this car reached Stinkapoore our primitive PAP gahmen will tax this car sky high
only the RICH can afford, OMV x Custom duty 45%, x LTA PARF 125% x COE reaching the SKY!
x Importer Gross Profit plus warranty 60%? = XXXXX??? wtf

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
er.... i didnt say smaller models are not real thing but what i am saying the audi hatchback seems to be a VW Golf. So why pay more for a Audi Golf (whatever audi is calling this hatchback) when can get a VW Golf at a cheaper price.

You did not say it, I was referring to a comment made in post #48.