• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Audi and VW Cars

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just 10 years ago, not many car buyers would even consider an Audi or VW car. They were known as troublesome cars. About 3 years ago, I noticed both brands being desired items. A&P? Or, the range of cars available?

Peugeot, Citroen, Opel, Alfa, Saab etc are still lagging behind. They don't have that many models to choose from, in the first place.

Agree?

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just 10 years ago, not many car buyers would even consider an Audi or VW car. They were known as troublesome cars. About 3 years ago, I noticed both brands being desired items. A&P? Or, the range of cars available?

Peugeot, Citroen, Opel, Alfa, Saab etc are still lagging behind. They don't have that many models to choose from, in the first place.

Agree?

I have always been impressed with Audi/VW.

Both brands are German and have a reputation for quality and reliability, especially in Europe. The other brands you mention, not so much.
Plus they have strong marketing and advertising - just take a look every Saturday in the ST. Premium Motors spend more advertising dollars than either Performance Motors or Cycle & Carriage.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which is Singapore's Audi or Porsche? Surely a first world cuntry and economic success as Singapore would have a few global brands? :rolleyes:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Im seeing quite a few Maseratis on the road nowadays. Nice design. Wondering how much is one :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;wheCyeDO1E4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wheCyeDO1E4[/video]

lhlisanidiot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Audi & VW are Ah Tiongs' favourite cars.

Just go to china and you'll know what i mean, it seems like every other car on their road is an Audi or VW.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the level of Millionaires in Sinkie, I am surprised there are not more Bugatti Veyrons?
In fact, I don't think I've seen one.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Very soon the Chinese roads will be filled with BMWs and Merc...already in some cities, BMWs and Merc are so common!!! Porches and Jaguars no problems lah....China is growing rapidly and will surpass the world ....

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the level of Millionaires in Sinkie, I am surprised there are not more Bugatti Veyrons?
In fact, I don't think I've seen one.

What level of millionaires? You can't even see Sinkieland among the countries that constitute the largest proportions of the world's millionaire population. https://infocus.credit-suisse.com/data/_product_documents/_shop/323525/2011_global_wealth_report.pdf And size is no excuse. Denmark is on the list. Same goes for Switzerland and Sweden. Without foreign expertise and foreign funds (illicit or otherwise), Singapore is no more than a developing cuntry. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i sincerely and honestly fear for our little red dot. i always have the phobia that it will just burst and disappear into thin air...scary nightmare....dig here dig everywhere do here do there the whole place is being dug and dug...you see all these diggings going non stop even just outside your flat...so inconvenient and so troublesome..

but well, hope everything goes on well....

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very soon the Chinese roads will be filled with BMWs and Merc...already in some cities, BMWs and Merc are so common!!! Porches and Jaguars no problems lah....China is growing rapidly and will surpass the world ....

Spotted many of these cars in Shenzhen when I was there 2 years ago.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What level of millionaires? You can't even see Sinkieland among the countries that constitute the largest proportions of the world's millionaire population. https://infocus.credit-suisse.com/data/_product_documents/_shop/323525/2011_global_wealth_report.pdf And size is no excuse. Denmark is on the list. Same goes for Switzerland and Sweden. Without foreign expertise and foreign funds (illicit or otherwise), Singapore is no more than a developing cuntry. :rolleyes:

Bloomberg and the Boston Consulting Group beg to differ.

http://images.businessweek.com/slid...he-highest-proportion-of-millionaires#slide21

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
VWs and Audis are assembled in China so its cheaper there. An A6 cost only around RMB450,000 (S$90,000). They have also been in the China market very early. Audi has been there since Mao's time. The Chinese think that these cars are fuel economy and very stable - suitable for inter provincial travelling. Communist party memebers also prefer black Audis than Merc or BMW as they don't want to "attract too muvh attention" since its a common luxury car there. They also think that the Germans will sell the cars "as it is", unlike the Japs who will sell

Thinking of buying a Jap/Korean car but my customer told me it makes more sense to buy European cars who have lower fuel capacity (thus cheaper COE) and more fuel efficient but offers more horsepower than Jap cars. There are also better in safety and construction.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays those mega rich Chinese are no longer interested in these common luxury/sports cars and luxury consumer brands (LV, Guccii, Prada etc) as so many common Chinese owning now. They are looking at real "limited editions" that are beyond the reach of the common people.