• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Arsenal legend Ian Wright joins MK Dons as coach

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Arsenal legend Ian Wright joins MK Dons as coach

Manager Karl Robinson expressed his delight at the appointment of the former Gunners striker and believes that it could help his side to push for promotion next season

May 18, 2012 12:35:00 AM

By Glenn Noble

92277hp2.jpg

Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright will join League One's MK Dons as first-team coach following a successful spell with the club last season.

The 48 year-old, who had previously worked with the Buckinghamshire club's strikers last term, has been offered a part-time role and will continue his work as a radio pundit at weekends.

Wright told the club's official website: "I am thankful to Karl [Robinson, manager] for allowing me the chance to start my coaching career and I am already excited about the new season.

“I have spent the last year around MK Dons Football Club and I am delighted to now be part of the set-up.

"The group of players we have at MK Dons are an extremely talented bunch and I am looking forward to working with them on a daily basis."

The former England international scored 185 goals in 288 games for Arsenal during a seven-year stint in north London and Dons manager Robinson has expressed delight at the appointment.

The 31-year-old hopes that Wright can make a difference next season after his team just missed out on promotion this year, losing to Huddersfield 3-2 on aggregate in the play-off semi-final.

Robinson enthused: "I believe I've picked the best to help our promotion ambitions next season.

"Ian Wright hasn't got his qualifications yet but he is working towards them and he will provide invaluable experience, knowledge and inspiration to our players.

"For a while Ian will work with the team through the week, he can't be with us at weekends because of other contractual commitments, but he will be involved in all our midweek games."