• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Armstrong in 2013 - Why he did it.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's OK if performance enhancers do just that - enhance performance. Only question that remains is fairness: some people with more money and better doctors will have the edge. Do you want sports to be a contest of natural athletic ability, or a pharmaceutical contest?

All contests are about finding the extra edge that the competition does not have and it's not limited to endurance sports. The teams that have more resources will always have a better chance of winning. The concept of "fairness" is an illusion. China tortures children from the age of 5 to find the winning gymnast. Western democracies can't do that. It's against the law so where is the fairness?

In F1, the bigger teams always dominate because they have the resources and expertise to squeeze out that extra 0.05 seconds in lap times. The smaller teams have no choice but to play a support role. Braun won the title 2010 because they found a loophole in the rules and exploited it with their double diffuser. Was that "fair"? Of course it wasn't but that's what innovation and creativity is all about.

In soccer, the rich clubs can buy the best players in the world. Those with less financial muscle languish in the relegation zone.

Fairness is a nice concept but it simply isn't reality.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why don't we import Armstrong to help our athletes perform better then?

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. don't need to import mah.
3. just dope the so-called sheep cum athletes/sports individuals.
4. in the nutshell, sheepishland just wants to win at all cost,right!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All contests are about finding the extra edge that the competition does not have and it's not limited to endurance sports. The teams that have more resources will always have a better chance of winning. The concept of "fairness" is an illusion. China tortures children from the age of 5 to find the winning gymnast. Western democracies can't do that. It's against the law so where is the fairness?

In F1, the bigger teams always dominate because they have the resources and expertise to squeeze out that extra 0.05 seconds in lap times. The smaller teams have no choice but to play a support role. Braun won the title 2010 because they found a loophole in the rules and exploited it with their double diffuser. Was that "fair"? Of course it wasn't but that's what innovation and creativity is all about.

In soccer, the rich clubs can buy the best players in the world. Those with less financial muscle languish in the relegation zone.

Fairness is a nice concept but it simply isn't reality.

I agree 100%. You are wise.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
alamak, some wanker zapped me just because i support Armstrong. What is wrong with people in this forum.

Last edited:

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal
We support Lance Armstrong? WTF is this?

See the yellow colour advert on top.

'We'? support Lance Armstrong? Who is the 'we'?:confused:

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: We support Lance Armstrong? WTF is this?

See the yellow colour advert on top.

'We'? support Lance Armstrong? Who is the 'we'?:confused:

It's the PAP way. When they say "we" welcome immigrants, their "we" includes you and me.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

None for me as all ads in this forum have been blocked by adblock.

Banners are blocked only if I use vbulletin's banner templates. Those I configured in the forum preamble are simply treated as images linked to a url so you your statement that "all" adds are blocked is a load of bull.

Darth Vader

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Banners are blocked only if I use vbulletin's banner templates. Those I configured in the forum preamble are simply treated as images linked to a url so you your statement that "all" adds are blocked is a load of bull.

See.. I even had your StrongVPN banner blocked. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me.

hhePt.jpg

Last edited:

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leongsam angmor tua ki syndrome :

PRC win olympic medal, leongsam will say confirmed is a drugcheat :mad:

Angmor dua ki win medal and convicted of being a drugcheat, leongsam will say : it is acceptable because everyone else is doing it:biggrin: