• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Argentina and a dependent Lionel Messi

youallhumsup

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Messi is no big deal when playing outside Nou camp. A disappointment when playing for Argentina simply because their players are goal hungry themselves and will go for personal glory. That is why Argentina failed in their World Cup 2010 and Copa America 2011 campaign.
:biggrin:

684982_33_preview.jpg
Kluivert: Barca are "out of this world"
Former Barcelona star Patrick Kluivert has praised the Catalan side's brand of football as "out of this world"

Speaking to the club's official website, the Dutchman lauded: "The way they [Barcelona] play is impressive. The football they play is out of this world".

"I've played with Xavi, [Carles] Puyol and [Andres] Iniesta, and now they are the backbone of this team. "When I was there, they were young, it's a real honour and pleasure to see their play bring so much success to the club."

Kluivert also revealed that Guardiola was always destined to be a "great manager", even during his playing days. "He was already a leader when he was a footballer and you had the intuition that when he finished his career he would be a great manager," added Kluivert. "He connects with the players. He knows how he wants the team to play and he communicates that well to his players."

The Dutchman also compared the form that Lionel Messi has had for both club and country, and blamed the selfishness of Argentina's football for the stark difference.

"Barca plays for Messi but on the other hand when we see him play for his national side, he's different," he said. "When Messi plays for Barca he's simply marvellous, but with Argentina there are many players that just play for themselves."

Kluivert played for Barcelona from 1998-2004, scoring 122 goals during his time in Catalunya.

Pele: Messi, Rooney not great yet

11 November 2011

12427286430.jpg

Brazilian legend Pele says Lionel Messi and Wayne Rooney need to perform on the highest stage before they can be considered world class.The 71-year-old said being exceptional for your club and being exceptional for your country are two completely different things, and only the very best can perform at both levels.

"I think a 'great' player is defined by their performances at the World Cup," Pele said."For example, watch Lionel Messi play for Barcelona. He is very good. Exceptional. But for Argentina, he's completely different.""Compare him to Zinedine Zidane. He won the World Cup and was at the top for 15 years.

He was a more complete player than Messi.""Before Zidane there was Johan Cruyff, Franz Beckenbauer, Michel Platini and Bobby Moore.""Great players who won World Cups or, in Cruyff and Platini's case, starred in them."

When asked about Wayne Rooney, although the three-time World Cup winner said he was a fan of the 26-year-old, he was far from complimentary about his behaviour."I am a very big fan of Rooney. He always fights for the team.

He is not too technical, his strength is his heart," Pele said.
"He's a good player. But you can't really compare him to me. I scored a lot of goals. I don't know if Rooney has.""His aggression is a big part of his game — you cannot take that away from him.

In my time we didn't have many yellow cards and red cards. Now, the players are very well protected."
"But a player does have a responsibility to behave himself. It's hard to change the personality of the player but maybe they can adjust."

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sVIFC2H52_o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited:

youallhumsup

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
15039224272abd702d98aac4339baf096e725b65.jpg

I predict Colombia vs Argentina game will end in a stalemate. Yep no Falcao for Colombia. Argentina does badly in serious competitions. :biggrin:

CheesePie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Argentina and Brazil lost their way a bit for the past few years. :(

WC 2014 to watch out for Brazil. Robinho, Alexandre Pato, Neymar, Hulk will be a force to reckon with, just to name a few.
Notice that Brazilian defenders are doubling up as goal scorers apart from their defensive duties. :biggrin:

Thiago Silva (AC Milan)
David Luiz (Chelsea)
Dani Alves (Barcelona)
Lucio (
Internazionale)

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
WC 2014 to watch out for Brazil. Robinho, Alexandre Pato, Neymar, Hulk will be a force to reckon with, just to name a few.
Notice that Brazilian defenders are doubling up as goal scorers apart from their defensive duties. :biggrin:

Thiago Silva (AC Milan)
David Luiz (Chelsea)
Dani Alves (Barcelona)
Lucio (
Internazionale)

Robinho = overrated

Pato = world class

Neymar and Hulk = not there yet

WC2014 I'm going with Die Mannschaft :biggrin:

[video=youtube;0VronORb_CU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VronORb_CU&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Argentina needs to stop fucking up their tactics and just play players in their best positions. Messi is not a no.10. Why Argentina always uses him behind the striker? And stop being so reliant on him. I often see them pass the ball to him and just stand and watch him beat 4,5 players by himself before losing the ball. :rolleyes:

The problem with Brazil is that their attack is too rigid. No movement at all, unlike the Germans. Too few runners in the team. :(

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am more interested in germany. another new team of young unknown with super fast speed?

jw5

Loyal
Argentina don't have any midfielders like Xavi and Iniesta.
They only have forwards and defenders. :biggrin:
Argentina are not creative enough as a team.
But I am thinking this may change against Columbia. :o

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem with Brazil is that their attack is too rigid. No movement at all, unlike the Germans. Too few runners in the team. :(

1504121364afd637118b4af02a4cd0dc5f3318fb.jpg

"Hi i am Felipe Melo the villain who scored an own goal that ended Brazil's WC dream. :p
Don't push all the blame to me hor! Dunga the lousy coach is also responsible!
Which club am i playing for now?
Galatasaray" :biggrin:

Last edited: