• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

are u a singtel subscriber? u hongkan liao this time cos your personal data is stolen!

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
About 129,000 Singtel customers' personal information, including NRIC details, stolen in data breach
www.channelnewsasia.com

SINGAPORE: Personal information of about 129,000 Singtel customers was stolen after a recent data breach of a third-party file sharing system, the local telco said on Wednesday (Feb 17).

Singtel has completed initial investigations into the breach and established which files on the Accellion file transfer appliance (FTA) were accessed illegally, the company said in a news release.

The personal information taken includes about 129,000 customers' NRIC numbers and a combination of names, dates of birth, mobile numbers and addresses, said Singtel.

In addition, bank account details of 28 former Singtel employees and credit card details of 45 staff members of a corporate customer with Singtel mobile lines were taken.

"Some information" from 23 enterprises, including suppliers, partners and corporate customers, was also stolen.

The company has started notifying all affected individuals and enterprises to help them and their staff manage the possible risks involved and take appropriate follow-up action, it said.

Singtel's Group CEO Yuen Kuan Moon said: "While this data theft was committed by unknown parties, I’m very sorry this has happened to our customers and apologise unreservedly to everyone impacted.

"Data privacy is paramount, we have disappointed our stakeholders and not met the standards we have set for ourselves.

"Given the complexity and sensitivity of our investigations, we are being as transparent as possible and providing information that is accurate to the best of our knowledge. We are doing our level best to keep our customers supported in mitigating the potential risks."

Singtel said a "large part" of the leaked data included its "internal information that is non-sensitive", such as data logs, test data, reports and emails.

This is a developing story. Please refresh for updates.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hack say hack lah, still using flowery language to the bitter end: 'data breach', 'illegally accessed', 'taken', 'stolen'. :rolleyes:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hack say hack lah, still using flowery language to the bitter end: 'data breach', 'illegally accessed', 'taken', 'stolen'. :rolleyes:

Is it still that Lee crony in charge? I hope she gets gangraped by her shitskin IT.
She can call it a breach of her lao cheebye also.

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_20210217_220021.jpg

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that why I received a call from an idiotic lao beng offering me a loan?

This fucker should have taken a look at the balance in my bank and perhaps ask if he can get a loan from me. Cocksucker!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes I'm abit wary when some stores which you are a member of, requested you to give your full particulars each time your membership expires. I kena once by Pets Lovers when I renewed my membership card there in 2018. Few days later I received countless messages bombarding me with loans and one fucktard even claimed that I owed him money. This went on for one week until I had to go to the Telco and changed to a new no.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes I'm abit wary when some stores which you are a member of, requested you to give your full particulars each time your membership expires. I kena once by Pets Lovers when I renewed my membership card there in 2018. Few days later I received countless messages bombarding me with loans and one fucktard even claimed that I owed him money. This went on for one week until I had to go to the Telco and changed to a new no.

It's just another form of data mining. Similar to some websites wanting your details so you can download a free e-book or subscribe to their newsletters. :wink:
The Do Not Call Registry has been an abject failure, nothing good or wholesome has ever been conceived by the jiakliaobee PAP technocrats. :cool:

Girl Girl

Alfrescian
Loyal
About 129,000 Singtel customers' personal information, including NRIC details, stolen in data breach
www.channelnewsasia.com

SINGAPORE: Personal information of about 129,000 Singtel customers was stolen after a recent data breach of a third-party file sharing system, the local telco said on Wednesday (Feb 17).

Singtel has completed initial investigations into the breach and established which files on the Accellion file transfer appliance (FTA) were accessed illegally, the company said in a news release.

The personal information taken includes about 129,000 customers' NRIC numbers and a combination of names, dates of birth, mobile numbers and addresses, said Singtel.

In addition, bank account details of 28 former Singtel employees and credit card details of 45 staff members of a corporate customer with Singtel mobile lines were taken.

"Some information" from 23 enterprises, including suppliers, partners and corporate customers, was also stolen.

The company has started notifying all affected individuals and enterprises to help them and their staff manage the possible risks involved and take appropriate follow-up action, it said.

Singtel's Group CEO Yuen Kuan Moon said: "While this data theft was committed by unknown parties, I’m very sorry this has happened to our customers and apologise unreservedly to everyone impacted.

"Data privacy is paramount, we have disappointed our stakeholders and not met the standards we have set for ourselves.

"Given the complexity and sensitivity of our investigations, we are being as transparent as possible and providing information that is accurate to the best of our knowledge. We are doing our level best to keep our customers supported in mitigating the potential risks."

Singtel said a "large part" of the leaked data included its "internal information that is non-sensitive", such as data logs, test data, reports and emails.

This is a developing story. Please refresh for updates.
nothing is safe online.

knnb40

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did they get filthy shitskin IT services?
They get what they deserve.
if not getting filthy shitskin IT services they will in the future as they just put out a statement they will outsource to a "world class" system to better protect customer data