• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are Property Agents Trustworthy?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am just addressing yr argument the part about how you can incentivise them with higher comm if they negotiate to reach a higher target price. I am saying that precisely it wont work and they will cut you the first easy price thye can get a decent comm. No point trying harder for that, as you say, pittance 0.5 or 1% more.

Sometimes, they cut a deal with the other side agent to rip you off. Thy have all kinds of shenanigans to pull wool over yr eyes. You dont even know if you have been ripped. The unknowable unknown. So he who laughs best laughs last.

Number one, these tricks can only be played in pre-CEA days, yes what you described was rampant but even in those days I use to confront the agent to sound them off that I know what they are trying to do. Today, if you are selling u can just look at many online sources to calculate the psf rate of your property, and then you up from there, if yours is premium unit u can choose not to accept anything which is not a record price, so how is the agent going to offer and try to close anything less? you decide and call the shots always and if he stalls for time and you have tight schedule, just terminate the contract and replace the agent.

Also ever since CEA came into regulation, if in the event u feel there is any irregularity in the offers made by the agent to close the deal in his interest instead of yours.....you can report to CEA to investigate....if found guilty...he may be liable to pay you the difference in the real highest offer and your transacted price.

So don't be skint.....pay the agent's their worth....if you don't know how to use them by all means DIY your transaction...but I can tell you they are more than worth the comms you pay them.

gnoikj

Alfrescian
Loyal
Number one, these tricks can only be played in pre-CEA days, yes what you described was rampant but even in those days I use to confront the agent to sound them off that I know what they are trying to do. Today, if you are selling u can just look at many online sources to calculate the psf rate of your property, and then you up from there, if yours is premium unit u can choose not to accept anything which is not a record price, so how is the agent going to offer and try to close anything less? you decide and call the shots always and if he stalls for time and you have tight schedule, just terminate the contract and replace the agent.

Also ever since CEA came into regulation, if in the event u feel there is any irregularity in the offers made by the agent to close the deal in his interest instead of yours.....you can report to CEA to investigate....if found guilty...he may be liable to pay you the difference in the real highest offer and your transacted price.

So don't be skint.....pay the agent's their worth....if you don't know how to use them by all means DIY your transaction...but I can tell you they are more than worth the comms you pay them.

Haha...Eh Xebay, are u an agent?