• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are Ng E-Jay & Jeffery George's credibility now in doubt?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately at least on the face of it, it would appear that both Ng E-Jay and Jeffery George may now face questions regarding their credibility as serious committed civil rights activists.

Both took part in the TBT protest knowing or ought to have known the probable consequences i.e. probable arrest, probable charge, probable trial etc. Afterall they together with the other 16 were in effect challenging against a 'bad law'. Furthermore SDP and the 18 then publicly requested for help and assistance from the Law Society, the Legal community and the public at large (still on going).

That is why it now appears to be a surprise and a curiosity that afterall all the PR efforts and requests for public support, both Ng and George appear to have turned volte face for apparent personal reasons. Why then did Ng and George take part in the TBT protest and thereafter particpate in the consequential PR campaign and public requests?

Either one goes the whole hog or not at all, if not questions shall arise as to one's credibility which is key.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
NOT MY SDP - SDP Activists belittle Civil Disobedience Act and Fri, 24 Oct 2008 9:16 am

"The morning started off with Mr Ng E-jay pleading guilty to the charge of taking part in an assembly outside Parliament House. The second charge of participating in a procession was taken into consideration. Mr Ng was subsequently fined $600."

Compare this to the article "Come and support the activists during the trial" which read, "We are proud of being able to come together to defend and push for the rights of our fellow citizens, for without these rights we are at the mercy of the PAP. We know that we are guided by the truth and righteousness."

If SDP knows it's righteous, why did its activist pleaded guilty in the morning?

"In the end, Mr George pleaded guilty as this was the only way for him to get back to his work. He was fined $1,200."

What's more, one of the SDP activists pleaded guilty just to go back to work! Seems like career is more important than political stand.

The Best Job Insurance: SDP calls out for supporters to donate to its legal defence fund, which will be used to keep Mr George's job.

With the guilty pleas, SDP has lost its legitimacy among its supporters. This is because SDP has gone back on its civil disobedience action. Remember how Dr Chee claimed to be on hunger strike but secretly drank glucose water?

Oscar Award for the most illogical statement of the YEAR:

"I understand what was read out to me," Mr Jufrie replied, "what I don't understand is why are we being charged. You see groups of tourists and other people everyday in front of Parliament. Why are they all not charged?"

This either shows the naivity of Mr Jufrie to law, or that he's trying to say the SDP did not campaign at all in front of Parliament. So wasn't there a demonstration?

In conclusion, SDP doesn't really care about the poor in Singapore as much as they say they are. It protested outside Parliament House but said they were just like tourists walking pass Parliament without intention of demanding more to be done to alleviate poverty in Singapore. All else said, after the bankruptcy of SDP, it could consider joining the Entertainment industry.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm...are you one of those WP goons ? You seem to have an axe to grind with E Jay.

E Jay broke the law knowingly just to make a point. He has done what many of us have no balls to do and I applaud him for his courage.

To plead guilty is not an admission of wrong-doing. It is simply to stop wasting time and to move on with more important things in life.

E Jay is a PhD student and Jeffrey George works on an oil-rig. They have no time to attend the daily trials which will stretch to weeks knowing what the MIWs will do to fix them.

Anyway, it's a hopeless case. Why waste time and money to fight knowing full well that you will still be pronounced guilty at the end of the day ?

Wisely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm...are you one of those WP goons ? You seem to have an axe to grind with E Jay.

E Jay broke the law knowingly just to make a point. He has done what many of us have no balls to do and I applaud him for his courage.

To plead guilty is not an admission of wrong-doing. It is simply to stop wasting time and to move on with more important things in life.

E Jay is a PhD student and Jeffrey George works on an oil-rig. They have no time to attend the daily trials which will stretch to weeks knowing what the MIWs will do to fix them.

Anyway, it's a hopeless case. Why waste time and money to fight knowing full well that you will still be pronounced guilty at the end of the day ?

Everyone has the right to choose. But in this case there should be consistency within the TBT group. Some plead guilty and some not doesn't reflect well on either side.

You shouldn't label everyone with a "WP" tag. It smacks of an attempt to incriminate and incapacitate your opponents from replying. Your "WP goons" probably won't care about what happens to the SDP. It is the people you got to convince.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the original ambitious intention maybe was by exploiting TBT, they overestimated themselves and thought it could motivate peasants' support.

it didn't happen unfortunately - or fortunately.

after a frantic posting in their own site to call for ground support again with all their reasons, sadly and regretably, the peoples' power wasn't there with them as reported in the number of people there was about "20 which include...."

can this be a wake up call to master chee? or does he still prefer his same unappreciated and unacceptable politicking style?

but from the record, chee could be as obstinate as ever.:(

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't get your knickers in a twist. I suggest you go read my initial post again instead of rashly jumping the gun in your defence of Ng and George.

I have no issue with Ng and George breaking the 'bad law' to "make a pont". The TBT protest act itself should be applauded.

However, where I take issue is what happened thereafter i.e. the PR campaign and requesting for the Law society, Legal community and public for help and assistance. This may appear to be in bad faith on both Ng and George's part when it now becomes clear that both could not go the whole hog for personal reasons, which btw is absolutely fine and understandable but then do not give the impression that you require help and assistance and play the PR game.

Sorry to say but then this appears to raise credibility issues with regards Ng and George.

Btw what "axe" do have to "grind" with Ng? Am I not allowed to raised genuine valid concerns? Does the fact that I make the same turn me into a "WP goon"? I did the same over the quick closure of SGHR and Chia Ti Lik's apparent legal booboo in his blog and I shall do so again if I see the need, because to me credibility is key. Why should the public take you seriously if you act inconsistently and thereby lack credibility. Like I keep saying, do not start what you are not prepared to finish.

Oh and with free speech, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
chee could be as obstinate as ever

pondan temple thief PAP boot licking dog

day in day out keep repeating the same old fucking long winded whinge

go and get a job and don't be a fucking kaypohji!

your appalling gay behavior is worse than a menopause woman!

chao ah kwa when you last had menses?

LOL

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suggest you go ask ALL 18 including Ng and Geroge when they made the appeals for help and assistance from the Law Society, the Legal community and the public at large.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't get your knickers in a twist. I suggest you go read my initial post again instead of rashly jumping the gun in your defence of Ng and George.

I have no issue with Ng and George breaking the 'bad law' to "make a pont". The TBT protest act itself should be applauded.

However, where I take issue is what happened thereafter i.e. the PR campaign and requesting for the Law society, Legal community and public for help and assistance. This may appear to be in bad faith on both Ng and George's part when it now becomes clear that both could not go the whole hog for personal reasons, which btw is absolutely fine and understandable but then do not give the impression that you require help and assistance and play the PR game.

Sorry to say but then this appears to raise credibility issues with regards Ng and George.

Btw what "axe" do have to "grind" with Ng? Am I not allowed to raised genuine valid concerns? Does the fact that I make the same turn me into a "WP goon"? I did the same over the quick closure of SGHR and Chia Ti Lik's apparent legal booboo in his blog and I shall do so again if I see the need, because to me credibility is key. Why should the public take you seriously if you act inconsistently and thereby lack credibility. Like I keep saying, do not start what you are not prepared to finish.

Oh and with free speech, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

you are brave to face the real TRUTH. but having done that, the sdppies would mark u just like they marked everyone who dares to disagreed with their action.

from chee's own words: FREE TO CHOOSE

just how much have they practiced what is preached?:confused:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suggest you go ask ALL 18 including Ng and Geroge when they made the appeals for help and assistance from the Law Society, the Legal community and the public at large.

they dare not reveal the truth and that is there could be NONE to help them. they only delegate for HELP, but stop short of revealing what was the response to their SOS call.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I rarely reply to you (if ever) because it is self-evident that you have your own agenda against Chia, Goh, Ng and consequentially CSJ/SDP for reasons best known to you and them. [Perhaps you should relate the whole version of your side of the story and leave it to the forumers to draw their own conclusions once and for all, instead going down this nauseating predictable boring path of repeated childish petty threads and posts which frankly is just a waste of bandwidth]

However for the record let me say that CSJ and SDP does indeed contribute to the political/civil society space in Singapore and I respect him and it for carrying on notwithstanding the painful longstanding obstacles and I say this despite my disagreement with CSJ over his political strategies.

can this be a wake up call to master chee? or does he still prefer his same unappreciated and unacceptable politicking style?

but from the record, chee could be as obstinate as ever.:(

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
the original ambitious intention maybe was by exploiting TBT,:(

Behold and Hail my Instrument, Leetahbar.

I instruct thee to go unto all the internet forums in Singapore and cast vile flame unto mine enemies. Flame the SDP, flame the TBT 18 protesters, and flame Jeffery George and Ng E-Jay, for they standeth against thy God in vanity and folly.

For I am the dreadful God Meng Seng, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, and whosoever standeth against me shall incur my wrath.

God Meng Seng

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are a serious bunch. we aren't:biggrin:

but seriously, if u were to look at the response from the supporters sdppies, they are more ego centred than peasant-centred.

i m also a peasant who dare speaks my thought. aren't u one too? they are also peasants but they want people to follow their thoughts.

so if sdp were to dominate, i doubt it would make any difference from paps. they could be even worst.

including this time, going to jail would be the 8 or 9 times for chee. the peasants remain uninitiated.

how many were actually there for them in the duel at kangaroocourt hill?

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are a serious bunch. we aren't

PAP running dog diabetic ugly fat slob chao ah kwa with kidney disease here for the defense of your PAP masters ..... LOL

faggotdogsimkhenghwee.png

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal

Avantas bro, that was so uncalled for. Certain words you don't say to someone considered as a credible and well respected senior among many forumners here. I think some gesture of remorse is in order.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheers Bro, but that is not what I seek. It would be better if Avantas could persuade the forumers in this thread that his pov carries weight by making a compelling rational logical cogent argument instead of appearing to just hit out in rash anger.

Avantas bro, that was so uncalled for. Certain words you don't say to someone considered as a credible and well respected senior among many forumners here. I think some gesture of remorse is in order.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I'm not mistaken, there is this $2000 line that you would not wish to cross, for it demarcates the difference between a minor or a major criminal conviction that could have a bearing on how the public sector will view in consideration of any dealings with the convicted. I may be wrong. Perhaps Ejay saw the prudence of an offer that he could not refuse.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps, but this still does not seem to address the credibility issue which I raised above.

If I'm not mistaken, there is this $2000 line that you would not wish to cross, for it demarcates the difference between a minor or a major criminal conviction that could have a bearing on how the public sector will view in consideration of any dealings with the convicted. I may be wrong. Perhaps Ejay saw the prudence of an offer that he could not refuse.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

None of us here has any rights to cast doubts on the credibility of those who dares walk their talk.

Certainly not sitting in front of the PC and typing away hogwash to jeer at fellow Singaporeans who have taken the first step ahead than the rest of us.

WP members and supporters are well-known for attacking SDP in order to boot-lick their PAP masters.

I am not too far wrong in my judgment of your "senior" member.

PTUI !

Wisely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can jolly well aim your spit on Ejay then. This is what he said in his blog

"If we are unable to tolerate criticism between ourselves, how shall we have the courage and fortitude to tackle criticism from the ruling party, from the electorate, or even from our own supporters? Democracy means we must be free to air our views without fear of unjust reprisals. Isn’t that what the opposition parties claim that they also believe in?"

This is what people are doing now. Not "cast doubts on the credibility of those who dares walk their talk" or "an axe to grind".